E90Post

MaxcySpeed & Company

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Door Lock fuse

05-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
96GS#007
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Door Lock fuse

Just thought I'd share my story. Drove to work yesterday and all was fine. After work, walked out to the car carrying a bunch of stuff, clicked the unlock button on the key fob and.....it doesn't unlock. The car has 20k miles on it. Thank goodness for the emergency key! I get in, push the in-car door lock button and the doors still don't unlock but the driver's side will lock.

After an uneventful drive home, I did a little research and found that on the 2007 E90, fuse 57 likes to blow. Changed the fuse, and all is good again.

PIA and frankly unacceptable but at least it's an easy fix.

Jim
'07 335i, Sport & Premium packages, stock DD
'96 Corvette, >500hp for the race track
      05-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
deanmc
Captain

Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
You might want to take it into the dealer anyways. It's not the fuse that's the problem, the door lock actuator is drawing a bigger current, and that's what blow the fuse. Do a search, there's been MANY members, myself included, who have had to have the actuator replaced.
deanmc is offline   United_States
      05-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
RambleJ
Colonel

Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
You might want to take it into the dealer anyways. It's not the fuse that's the problem, the door lock actuator is drawing a bigger current, and that's what blow the fuse. Do a search, there's been MANY members, myself included, who have had to have the actuator replaced.
+1 on that, I had to have my actuator replaced also after my fuse blew.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
      05-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
johnny_boy
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 335i

96GS#007, is you are car still under warranty? You should take it in for repair.

Mine did exactly same thing last week and the dealership replaced the fuse and the two front door actuators. They said it is blowing because the actuators are start getting faulty.
      06-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
joshrap

Drives: '06 325i

Same problem here...

I have experienced the exact same problem. Does anyone know if this is covered by the Certified Pre-Owned warranty? I'd hate to bring this to the dealer and pay them $290 (diagnostic fee) only to have them tell me that the repair isn't covered. I'd rather take it to my local (and trusted) mechanic if I'm going to have to pay out of pocket.

Josh
      06-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Barbera335
First Lieutenant

Drives: F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrap View Post
I have experienced the exact same problem. Does anyone know if this is covered by the Certified Pre-Owned warranty? I'd hate to bring this to the dealer and pay them $290 (diagnostic fee) only to have them tell me that the repair isn't covered. I'd rather take it to my local (and trusted) mechanic if I'm going to have to pay out of pocket.

Josh
It should be covered. Also for all those replacing the fuse on their own. Throw a 20 amp fuse in there. BMW made a mistake with the 15 amp fuse and it is possible for it to blow without having a bad actuator. There is an SIB on it but I don't remember the number off the top of my head.