E90Post

Alpine HID

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > A/C fan speed adjusts randomly

05-31-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Jesse Wilson
Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325I

A/C fan speed adjusts randomly

A few months ago my A/C started acting up. When I turn it to max it is at about what used to be 2/3 strength. Then when I am driving the blower power will sometimes kick down to virtually nothing for a few seconds and then resume the previous 2/3 strength. All this is while the max position is on and the readout remains unchanged.

Then just yesterday after about 15 minutes of driving on max at 2/3 it suddenly sped back up to the previous max strength and remained there for the next 20 minutes until I turned the car off. The next time I got into the car is was back at the 2/3 level when I had it on max.

I initially thought it might have been a faulty cabin thermostat but that should only kick in when the atc is on correct? Max should be full fan speed, lowest temperature, and recirculate regardless of what the temperature is inside the cabin.

Has anyone else had this happen? I did a search but couldn't find anyone with the exact same problem as mine.

Thanks,

Jesse