E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My 330i Build



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #133
E46toE90
Sparkling Graphite Metallic FTW
E46toE90's Avatar
41
Rep
2,774
Posts

Drives: lci m-sport e90 n55
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: the bronx

iTrader: (12)

keep up the good work just viewed all six pages haha
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #134
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AV_330i View Post
dude the wheels ruined it sorry
Haha i was reading back through the thread and i saw this post for the first time. Thanks for your OPINION, i however like my wheels. Douch!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #135
Verbiage
Cars are boring.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
120
Rep
8,150
Posts

Drives: E90 335i x R55 Clubman S
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookmayn View Post
Haha yeah, last time i washed my car I was too lazy to wash the wheels so they're looking pretty haggard right now. But I'll wash em just to apeez you. Lol

Yeah im still looking for one, but vie had to do a couple home improvement things with my new house and i bought my wife e new iPhone and we got her type 2 done on her car so i am a little short on money for at least another week. But yeah, if i can find either an mtec or m3 for the right price i still want it for sure.
I feel ya man, mods come when they are the most convenient for the owner, given their price. But that is the one thing I fear about black wheels (even more than my stock wheels lol). They just need to make a nice brown set, or something.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 02:46 AM   #136
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
So i've been thinkin. I was going to buy an old beat up AWD/4WD car sometime this summer (while they're cheep) and fix it up for a good winter car, because my new house is on a really steep road. So I KNOW that my 3 isn't getting anywhere near it and I'm not really cool with HIKING to my car every day. So after having a long chat with my good friend Tristin he brought something to mind that (I am a little ashamed that he thought of it and I didn't) I handn't thought of. He said, "why dont you say with the whole Bimmer thing and get an old E30 xi?" At that point I had been thinking something hidious like an old subi, or a better looking but more expensive audi. But yeah, so I have been looking for one of those and needless to say they're hard as hell to find. But since i've been looking I think i've caught a different bug. I want ANOTHER bimmer to restore, and I cant decide on which one! At first I though, well since I cant find an E30 xi, maybe I'll try and E30 M3.... Yeah, it seems as if the only ones that are left are in like AMAZING condition and cost almost as much as my current 3 cost me. So yeah, not happening. But here's my dilemma... Do I go with an old E30 or possibly E36 3, or go with one of my favorite cars I've ever owned and go for an E38 7 series. I LOVED my 740il but when I had it, in highschool it just was too expensive for me to keep up cause the last owner sorta let things go for too long. I've never been in an older 5 so I dont really know what those are like, but I did love my E39 540i. and maybe I could even find one of those for dirt cheep that is in need of some TLC. let me know what you all think!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 03:31 AM   #137
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Also, I just added a couple new albums of my old and new cars! you all should check em out!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #138
Verbiage
Cars are boring.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
120
Rep
8,150
Posts

Drives: E90 335i x R55 Clubman S
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

An E36 3 is probably your best bet, man. You don't want to deal with too much of a 10+ year old engine.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #139
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
Wake27's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,682
Posts

Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoVA missing SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Sorry but I have to let you know you should really start multi-quoting your posts, this thing would seriously be like 50% shorter. I was gonna recommend the BMW Performance front bumper if you didn't get the M3 rep. I like it a lot better and its a lot more rare than the MTEC. Also, get the Lux AE's, you won't be disappointed. And I can tell you don't like overlays or anything like that, but unless you wanna drop 2k for new headlights, pick up some Amber-Gones from **********s.com

I understand you wanna keep it OEM as possible but they have good stuff. And for OEM, nothing beats Tischer BMW at getbmwparts.com Best prices and service, and very supportive to the community.
__________________
2006 JB 330i/ZPP/ZSP/I-Drive/Heated Seats/L7/Blacklines/19" Gunmetal V710's on Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas/BMS PBX/Red MFD Scoops/Matte black grilles/Matte black Amber Gone 2.0s/BSW center midrange speaker/35% tint/Black and white roundels
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #140
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
lux.sh's Avatar
United_States
170
Rep
4,860
Posts

Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
woohoo! one more 330i on board. A little late, but welcome to the board!

I'm enjoying what I see so far. I like the fact that you do a lot of DIY work.
I respect that. To me, any average bmw owner would have enough cash to pay to put shit on their cars.
The ones who truly love their car will DIY and make sure everything goes right. or wrong.

For the 162s, it actually looks good on black e90. One thing, E90's rear needs some serious help.
This is because compared to the handsome front, the rear looks too soft and blend.
Get some rear lip or m-tech on that bad boy and your car should be good to go.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #141
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
An E36 3 is probably your best bet, man. You don't want to deal with too much of a 10+ year old engine.
not to mention a 10 year + AWD system haha but come on... no love for the 740? did you see the new post on the main page about the new 740?! So stoked!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:20 AM   #142
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
Sorry but I have to let you know you should really start multi-quoting your posts, this thing would seriously be like 50% shorter. I was gonna recommend the BMW Performance front bumper if you didn't get the M3 rep. I like it a lot better and its a lot more rare than the MTEC. Also, get the Lux AE's, you won't be disappointed. And I can tell you don't like overlays or anything like that, but unless you wanna drop 2k for new headlights, pick up some Amber-Gones from **********s.com

I understand you wanna keep it OEM as possible but they have good stuff. And for OEM, nothing beats Tischer BMW at getbmwparts.com Best prices and service, and very supportive to the community.
Hmm sorry (I guess) I dont have much forum experience prior to this. ANYWAY, that performance front IS quite rare isn't it? I've actually never even seen it on a 4dr! not too bad. But it for some reason makes me think base 6 series. Not a bad thing I guess... but for some reason makes me feel like it doesn't belong. Yeah, I'm not really in the market to replace the headlights I have just to make them clear. Thanks for the tip, i'll check em out. And thanks for the other sites to check out!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:30 AM   #143
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
woohoo! one more 330i on board. A little late, but welcome to the board!

I'm enjoying what I see so far. I like the fact that you do a lot of DIY work.
I respect that. To me, any average bmw owner would have enough cash to pay to put shit on their cars.
The ones who truly love their car will DIY and make sure everything goes right. or wrong.

For the 162s, it actually looks good on black e90. One thing, E90's rear needs some serious help.
This is because compared to the handsome front, the rear looks too soft and blend.
Get some rear lip or m-tech on that bad boy and your car should be good to go.
HAHA Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I'm a little late cause you know 7 drivers, never in a hurry to anywhere!

Yeah the DIY work I do is mainly because i've always worked on my own cars (and a lot of other peoples) and I've always thought "if ya want it done right do it yourself" type deal. There are obvious exceptions to that rule, but I just figure, if you do it youself and it doesn't turn out you have no one else to blame right? haha As for money, for once i'm actually hurting for some haha damn buying a house. But i'm sure that'll turn around in the near future again. And I totally agree with the fact that anyone that 's their car will always be the one to do the work! cause even if your scraping knuckles and cursing the gods above... at the end you had fun and you're happy that you could do it yourself!

Thanks for the wheel compliment! I like em allot. one little thing that bugged though, (i'm gonna really summarize this story) but since I bought my new house I noticed a kid with a black 3 series drive by my place a couple times. I would always see him doing the double take if my car was in the driveway. Well yesterday I see him drive by.... BAM! blacked out 162's! that bastard! and on an E46 no less! lol clearly i'm not the trend setter for the blacked out wheels but dammit. haha

as for the rear! I could not agree more! it's amazing to me that the standard 3's are well.... boring looking but the M's are AMAZING. But I did see an Mtech rear the other day and i'm in love. I might however just find a good deal on a 335 rear and do an exhaust! it gives me an excuse to make it louder! haha
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:47 AM   #144
e90monster_in_OC
Enlisted Member
e90monster_in_OC's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC CALI

iTrader: (0)

do those little rings just pop off the center caps? i did the same to my rims but i have the gay chrome center caps
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #145
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90monster_in_OC View Post
do those little rings just pop off the center caps? i did the same to my rims but i have the gay chrome center caps
well if you pop them out of your wheel, you can see there are 4 tabs that you can carefully pry them up. be REALLY carefull though, because they are very delecate. Yeah, you wouldn't think something so small would make a difference but it makes a HUGE one in person! good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #146
kbezon
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Looking good
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #147
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
Wake27's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,682
Posts

Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoVA missing SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookmayn View Post
Hmm sorry (I guess) I dont have much forum experience prior to this. ANYWAY, that performance front IS quite rare isn't it? I've actually never even seen it on a 4dr! not too bad. But it for some reason makes me think base 6 series. Not a bad thing I guess... but for some reason makes me feel like it doesn't belong. Yeah, I'm not really in the market to replace the headlights I have just to make them clear. Thanks for the tip, i'll check em out. And thanks for the other sites to check out!
No worries. At the bottom of each post on the right there is the quote button, to the right of that is the little square multi-quote button. Just click on that for every post you want to quote and then when you reach the last post you wanna reply to, hit the regular quote button and they'll all show up. Pretty sure it doesn't transfer pages though.
__________________
2006 JB 330i/ZPP/ZSP/I-Drive/Heated Seats/L7/Blacklines/19" Gunmetal V710's on Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas/BMS PBX/Red MFD Scoops/Matte black grilles/Matte black Amber Gone 2.0s/BSW center midrange speaker/35% tint/Black and white roundels
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #148
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbezon View Post
Looking good
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #149
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
So here's a quick little update. I finally got some money together and am going to be purchasing an M3 Rep bumper from "iloseguitarpicks" Same guy I bought my CF spoiler from! and he is generous enough to provide a 6000k HID fog light kit with it as well! So i'm pretty stoked about that! Also, I am in the market for an exhaust! wether it's a mod or a cat back or whatever! I'm not really concerned with a PERFORMANCE upgrade. I just want a more agressive sound! So if you guys know if a MOD (i.e. resonator delete) that doesn't make me LOSE power let me know. Or if you know if a good exhaust/muffler that gives a deep tone hit me up! thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #150
iloseguitarpicks
Lieutenant
7
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 2007 E90 335Xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookmayn View Post
So here's a quick little update. I finally got some money together and am going to be purchasing an M3 Rep bumper from "iloseguitarpicks" Same guy I bought my CF spoiler from! and he is generous enough to provide a 6000k HID fog light kit with it as well! So i'm pretty stoked about that! Also, I am in the market for an exhaust! wether it's a mod or a cat back or whatever! I'm not really concerned with a PERFORMANCE upgrade. I just want a more agressive sound! So if you guys know if a MOD (i.e. resonator delete) that doesn't make me LOSE power let me know. Or if you know if a good exhaust/muffler that gives a deep tone hit me up! thanks guys!
I got a bmw performance exhaust for sale...
__________________
-335xi---Innotech Exhaust---AR 3" Catless---Pro tuned---HPF FMIC---ER Chargepipe---KW V1---Injen DCI---BMW Performance Front Bumper, Rear Spoiler & Door Sills---Vorsteiner wheels---much more-
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #151
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloseguitarpicks View Post
I got a bmw performance exhaust for sale...
Haha at this rate man you might as well just sell me your car, ill take off everything then send it back! Haha
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #152
Tallest
Major General
Tallest's Avatar
No_Country
113
Rep
5,259
Posts

Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ***

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Just read the whole thread, very much approve of the details approach you got going on, what with painted rings around the emblems on center caps and all. That is ncie to see someone finally do this, i agree - very lame to see black rims and roundel framed by gray plastic... So if you do the black look, do it right!

Not sure i feel the spoiler though because it doesn't seem to have a nice and snug fit. The gaps around it are too much IMHO, better to buy the full CSL lid. BUt you said money is an issue too.. If anything, i would have done the M3 front with M3 lip spoiler for sort of neat finish. THe M3 bumper is a good value, shame noone makes a rep of the Mtech bumper.
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #153
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by research View Post
Just read the whole thread, very much approve of the details approach you got going on, what with painted rings around the emblems on center caps and all. That is ncie to see someone finally do this, i agree - very lame to see black rims and roundel framed by gray plastic... So if you do the black look, do it right!

Not sure i feel the spoiler though because it doesn't seem to have a nice and snug fit. The gaps around it are too much IMHO, better to buy the full CSL lid. BUt you said money is an issue too.. If anything, i would have done the M3 front with M3 lip spoiler for sort of neat finish. THe M3 bumper is a good value, shame noone makes a rep of the Mtech bumper.
Thanks! Yeah, I have done a lot of mods to all my cars (except my last 7 series because there is basicly nothing you can do to those haha) but with this car, I want to make sure that not only is everything done RIGHT, but that it is done with a certain quality ya know? So when I saw my new black wheels, I saw that and just realized that they look so much worse with the gray (usually flaking) trim around the roudel and decided to just add that "quality". Cause if I owned my own mod shop, It would be only the absolute best leaving the bays.

As for the spoiler, I do agree. I wasn't exactly thrilled about the fitement when I first put it on. At first I thought it was just the one that I bought spacificly. But after looking at some pics I found out almost all of them have that weird gap at the bottom where it doesn't quite reach that line above the licence plate. And I think you're right! An M3 lip might look awesome! it's just so hard to find one that doesn't look like it was just a 90 ft long piece that was cut your length to fit. I would want one that is not only rounded edges, but is already pre-curved. But i'm sure BMW has one. Thanks for the feedback though! I like hearing new Ideas, cause it keeps my mind working and looking forward to the future of my ride! lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #154
Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
Dansgray335's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slc, ut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
update for 9/6/2010

Whats up everybody, I have been busy with my car and have been too lazy to post something on here haha but here it goes. First off, I finally got an M3 rep bumper, and I LOVE it. Makes me happy to walk to my car every day haha just so much more agressive. The guy that sold it to (a member on here) was cool enough to also send me the HID fog light kit for it also. So it not only looks better during the day, but looks just as mean at night. However I have bad news. The car is in the body shop right now.... and for guess what? Thats right... my brand new bumper. After putting it on, I dropped it off at a local shop called Alex's Autohaus because they sent my wife a coupon for a free oil change for her birthday. She didn't need one because I had just done hers so I figured "hey, what the hell. Free is free" well what happend is, when I got there there was no parking spaces (they have a TINY parking lot I think it's like 8 spaces) So i was forced to park behind their line of spots because I knew someone would just move it anyways. Well what happened apparently (I had a hard time getting a straight answer from them after the fact because I'm not 100% sure THEY know what happened) Someone that shouldn't have moved the car, some chick there, decided to move it to get it out of the way. Well in the process she pulled it OVER a parking curb (those small curbs at the front of a parking ******* and it just scraped the SHIT out of the bottom and the lower front of the bumper. To say the least, when I cam to pick it up I was PISSED. I kept my cool and just said that it was brand new and they were going to have to do something about it. The guy that basicly runs the place named willy was nice and just said take it to this shop and have them send us an invoice. So I had to take it in and there it will sit for probably another week or so.... Not really happy but whatever.

But anyways, while i'm waiting for it to come back to me I made a fairly large purchase today that I am very excited to add to my car. I got some 19 inch wheels with brand new tires! they are true two piece, with a pollished finnish and they are also staggered so the backs are mean and wide! hahah So I got them home today, washed them once to see what kind of condition they were in. They had some tarnish. Nothing bad, but it wasn't coming off with regular car soap. So I had to break out the big guns and get the acid that we used to use at the wheel shop I used to work at. They cleaned up AWESOME after using that for about an hour with a tooth brush and some elbow grease! lol I cant wait to put them on when I get my car back!

Also, this sounds like something small, but I got dremel from my wife a month or so ago as a present. And I was anxious to use it. lol So I made a name plate for my dogs dog house haha and more importantly I decided i could use it to polish up my exhaust tips. I thought that I would post a couple pics so you could see how big a difference it made. It was really easy, you just have to make sure and go back and forth fast so you dont burn the metal.

But yeah, here are a couple pics of the M3 rep (before I put my wheels on)

Name:  m3 front 1small.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  94.3 KB

Name:  m3 front 2small.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  96.7 KB

Here are some of my new wheels.
First is one of them before acid wash (had been washed with regular soap)
Name:  3small.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  87.5 KB

Here is one after the acid wash
Name:  2small.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  82.8 KB

Here is a pic of the barrel (which is the most drastic)
Name:  4small.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  85.2 KB

And last are some of the pics from redoing my tips

The first shows the difference between before and after
Name:  tip 1small.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  85.0 KB

and the second just shows how much better the tips look on.
Name:  tip 2small.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  71.6 KB

But yeah, thats it for now. As soon as I get it back i'm going to put the wheels on and get the headlights "de-fogged". So after that I'll post some pics! But for now, let me know what ya all think! Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
build, builds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST