E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Retrofitting AHL Headlights (Dynamic xenon) from standard



Comment
 
Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Retrofitting AHL Headlights (Dynamic xenon) from standard
Published by Jose_JN
12-19-2013
Cool Retrofitting AHL Headlights (Dynamic xenon) from standard

Hi mates,

Today I'm gonna show you how to retrofit Dynamic Xenon into a BMW e92/e93 (here in Spain this is an extra equipment)

It is not very difficut but expensive.

The task is remove the bumper, change the headlamps, wire them, change the FRM module and recode the car.

You can also see how to disconnect the battery and also how to remove the bumper.

Enjoy

__________________
Why don't do it by your self?
Retrofitting is always possible!
Tutorial Tools
  #1  
By woodpecka on 12-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Congrats Jose, you are crazier than me!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
By Jose_JN on 01-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
40%40%40%
2
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 53%
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecka View Post
Congrats Jose, you are crazier than me!
Thanks mate!

You know that the problem for retrofitting is only the money
The knowledge about how to do it is the easiest part

Now I am looking for a dashboard for idrive and a CIC set.
I also have a Logic7 kit and a MULF2 high but waiting for the CIC since my current Head Unit is not able to manage them.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
By bmw325i on 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
100%100%100%
5
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 73%
Very helpful diy. The only thing you didn't include was the part numbers for the pins. Here is also the official instructions from BMW.

Also my cornering lamps aren't working. They are wired the same way. I coded $524 and reset the frm.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E90 AHL Bi-Xenon Retrofit Full.pdf (775.6 KB, 180 views)
Last edited by bmw325i; 01-19-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
By Jose_JN on 01-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
40%40%40%
2
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 53%
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Very helpful diy. The only thing you didn't include was the part numbers for the pins. Here is also the official instructions from BMW.

Also my cornering lamps aren't working. They are wired the same way. I coded $524 and reset the frm.
I got the wirings from a scrap-yard so I do not know the p/n for pins.
I can provide the p/n for the small ones but I do not know the big ones (lights and power supply)

The wiring diagram is exactly the same especified in the PDF file but the inner cornering light because e90 has the same wire than halogen high beam.

E92/E93 does not have halogen high beam and this wire (which will be used for cornering) has to be fitted or code the fog lights as cornering (which illuminate worse than the inner eye).

The other way is not installing this wire and lose the cornering feature but I love it.

Regards.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
By bmw325i on 01-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
100%100%100%
5
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 73%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_JN View Post
I got the wirings from a scrap-yard so I do not know the p/n for pins.
I can provide the p/n for the small ones but I do not know the big ones (lights and power supply)

The wiring diagram is exactly the same especified in the PDF file but the inner cornering light because e90 has the same wire than halogen high beam.

E92/E93 does not have halogen high beam and this wire (which will be used for cornering) has to be fitted or code the fog lights as cornering (which illuminate worse than the inner eye).

The other way is not installing this wire and lose the cornering feature but I love it.

Regards.
Yeah I already have everything installed, I just need to get the adaptive feature working when I have some time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
By omare90 on 02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
What's the p/n for the small ones going to the headlight (the bottom row)?
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...Picture044.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_JN View Post
I got the wirings from a scrap-yard so I do not know the p/n for pins.
I can provide the p/n for the small ones but I do not know the big ones (lights and power supply)

The wiring diagram is exactly the same especified in the PDF file but the inner cornering light because e90 has the same wire than halogen high beam.

E92/E93 does not have halogen high beam and this wire (which will be used for cornering) has to be fitted or code the fog lights as cornering (which illuminate worse than the inner eye).

The other way is not installing this wire and lose the cornering feature but I love it.

Regards.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
By Jose_JN on 02-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
40%40%40%
2
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 53%
Quote:
Originally Posted by omare90 View Post
What's the p/n for the small ones going to the headlight (the bottom row)?
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...Picture044.jpg
TERMINAL 0,2- 0,5MM˛ 61130005199

TERMINAL 0,75MM˛ 61130006665
Reply With Quote
  #8  
By omare90 on 02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_JN View Post
TERMINAL 0,2- 0,5MM˛ 61130005199

TERMINAL 0,75MM˛ 61130006665
Thanks, those turned out to be not what I needed. I went to the dealership and they only had 12 of the ones I did need so I took them all. I forgot to ask for the P/N though. I think supply for these things are controlled to stop people from mass producing DIY harness LOL.
Reply With Quote
Comment

Bookmarks

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Search this Tutorial:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST