E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear Differential Bushings----A call to all vendors!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

I have M3 subs and Turner delrin diff bushings in my car. What do you guys want to know specifically? I get deceleration whine at about 3k rpms, but it is only audible with the radio turned off.
__________________
654 RWHP ... ! Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo 335
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #24
neilvosko
Major
 
neilvosko's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (16)

how is the street drivebility? did you have to drop the subframe for diff bushings install?
neilvosko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #25
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvosko View Post
how is the street drivebility? did you have to drop the subframe for diff bushings install?
Honestly, it is as stock on the street in my opinion. I only notice the above whine, but it is negligable in my opinion.

You just need to drop the diff to make the change.
__________________
654 RWHP ... ! Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo 335
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
cvc 22349a
Colonel
 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 2,210
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Honestly, it is as stock on the street in my opinion. I only notice the above whine, but it is negligable in my opinion.

You just need to drop the diff to make the change.
You and Tres both report a minimal increase in NVH v. a couple guys who report a noticable increase in NVH with the poly diff bushings. Since solid delrin bushings will never wear out, that's the route I'm going. Thanks.
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/GC/M3/Meyle susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
cvc 22349a is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #27
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
You and Tres both report a minimal increase in NVH v. a couple guys who report a noticable increase in NVH with the poly diff bushings. Since solid delrin bushings will never wear out, that's the route I'm going. Thanks.
Do they have full interior? I cannot imagine the whine is more than what I am describing with full interior.
__________________
654 RWHP ... ! Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo 335
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #28
CJ421
Brigadier General
 
CJ421's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 3,257
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
I'll be impatiently waiting for the write-up.

Since installing my coilovers and stiffer springs I feel no movement in the rear like before, so I'm still on the fence with this upgrade.
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #29
neilvosko
Major
 
neilvosko's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (16)

thx, seems like this is the new hot topic here nowadays, the bushings, esp diff and subframe. i gotta tell you, working with delrin in design engineering, it does get scratched with abuse and friction, so i wonder the long term wear.
neilvosko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #30
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
nitehawk's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,623
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
I have M3 subs and Turner delrin diff bushings in my car. What do you guys want to know specifically? I get deceleration whine at about 3k rpms, but it is only audible with the radio turned off.
Did you feel a noticeable improvement in rear tracking/stability upon install? Was the upgrade done exclusively or in conjunction with other suspension upgrades?
nitehawk is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #31
cvc 22349a
Colonel
 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 2,210
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I'll be impatiently waiting for the write-up.

Since installing my coilovers and stiffer springs I feel no movement in the rear like before, so I'm still on the fence with this upgrade.
From me? You'll be waiting a long time I'm not going to switch out the diff bushings this year.
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/GC/M3/Meyle susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
cvc 22349a is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #32
cvc 22349a
Colonel
 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 2,210
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Do they have full interior? I cannot imagine the whine is more than what I am describing with full interior.
Probably the same; poly or delrin. Everyone's sensitivity to NVH is different.
Did these diff bushings reduce rearend steer/wander under hard accel?
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/GC/M3/Meyle susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
cvc 22349a is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #33
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 11,081
iTrader: (29)

Yes, they are the same.

I am not a fan of upgrading the diff mounting bushings at all on street cars since more drivetrain noise will be both felt and heard. If you can handle the increase in NVH, upgrade away. Sometimes you must draw the line between a street car and a track car, certain mods are for track only. Although some track mods are okay for the street, the service life of that part may be shorter because of the terrible roads we have.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 07-28-2012 at 03:40 PM.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #34
Monster900
Zeed
 
Monster900's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit, MI

Posts: 395
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Yes, they are the same.

I am not a fan of upgrading the diff mounting bushings at all on street cars since more drivetrain noise will be both felt and heard. If you can handle the increase in NVH, upgrade away. Sometimes you must draw the line between a street car and a track car, certain mods are for track only. Although some track mods are okay for the street, the service life of that part may be shorter because of the terrible roads we have.
Actually they are not. Real OEM P/N’s for M3 and 355 bushings are different. Also ECS Tuning is selling M3 front diff bushings as an upgrade for 335 cars. The rear bushing for M3 looks solid as the one for 335 is not. I decided to upgrade to M3 front bushings as I have to replace the rear bushing due to being damaged and decided to stick with OEM. I will let you know if there is any difference in performance.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...ial/ES1844489/
Monster900 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #35
cvc 22349a
Colonel
 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 2,210
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster900 View Post
Actually they are not. Real OEM P/Nís for M3 and 355 bushings are different. Also ECS Tuning is selling M3 front diff bushings as an upgrade for 335 cars. The rear bushing for M3 looks solid as the one for 335 is not. I decided to upgrade to M3 front bushings as I have to replace the rear bushing due to being damaged and decided to stick with OEM. I will let you know if there is any difference in performance.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...ial/ES1844489/
Are you going with oem or aftermarket for the rear bushing?
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/GC/M3/Meyle susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
cvc 22349a is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 02:56 AM   #36
e679
Private First Class
 
e679's Avatar
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

I have power flex diff bush and M3 subframe bush installed. I noticed a very little noise after the installation but it is really just because the original 335 bushes are too soft or comfy. Before I feel like I am riding a boat and now I am riding a normal car.
__________________
E93 335i Alpine White, 19" Works, PSS, M3 arms, M3 bushings,M3 E93 FSB/E92 RSB, powerflex rear diff bush.
AST 5100 with M3 rear camber arms. GC street plates.
e679 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #37
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 11,081
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster900 View Post
Actually they are not. Real OEM P/Nís for M3 and 355 bushings are different. Also ECS Tuning is selling M3 front diff bushings as an upgrade for 335 cars. The rear bushing for M3 looks solid as the one for 335 is not. I decided to upgrade to M3 front bushings as I have to replace the rear bushing due to being damaged and decided to stick with OEM. I will let you know if there is any difference in performance.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...ial/ES1844489/
We have ordered all the bushings back in 2008 when the M3 first came out to do the M3 suspension conversion. The front diff bushing are not any stiffer than the 135/335i, otherwise we would have offered as an upgrade. It is possible later model M3's have stiffer bushings due to part# changes.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #38
Monster900
Zeed
 
Monster900's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit, MI

Posts: 395
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Are you going with oem or aftermarket for the rear bushing?
I am going with M3's for the front and OEM for the rear as I don't want to go to aftermarket parts.
Monster900 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
cvc 22349a
Colonel
 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 2,210
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster900 View Post
I am going with M3's for the front and OEM for the rear as I don't want to go to aftermarket parts.
Did you see a pic of the rear m3 diff bushing; you said you think it's solid?
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/GC/M3/Meyle susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
cvc 22349a is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #40
cvc 22349a
Colonel
 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 2,210
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
We have ordered all the bushings back in 2008 when the M3 first came out to do the M3 suspension conversion. The front diff bushing are not any stiffer than the 135/335i, otherwise we would have offered as an upgrade. It is possible later model M3's have stiffer bushings due to part# changes.
Well, maybe if you can validate later model M3's have different differential bushings than early models, maybe you'll be able to offer them as an upgrade.
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/GC/M3/Meyle susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
cvc 22349a is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #41
CALWATERBOY
Captain
 
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E93 N54
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 839
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
So after doing the rear subframe bushings, I couldn't help but notice another soft spot in the E9x drivetrain. The OEM bushings holding the Diff to the subframe are very soft.

Many other sports cars benefit from stiffer bushings for differentials, so why don't we?

Plenty posted on this....
CALWATERBOY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
Monster900
Zeed
 
Monster900's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit, MI

Posts: 395
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Did you see a pic of the rear m3 diff bushing; you said you think it's solid?
I saw the pictures and looked solid.
Monster900 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
nitehawk's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,623
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
We have ordered all the bushings back in 2008 when the M3 first came out to do the M3 suspension conversion. The front diff bushing are not any stiffer than the 135/335i, otherwise we would have offered as an upgrade. It is possible later model M3's have stiffer bushings due to part# changes.
According to realOEM, M3 diff bushing part#s have not changed at all.
nitehawk is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #44
neilvosko
Major
 
neilvosko's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (16)

hey Monster900, how did you M3 diff bushings work out?

i am thinking M3 subframe + solid diff bushings are best compromise for street car.
neilvosko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST