E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > how to add an US address to my canadian paypal account?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
mkiv
2JZ
 
Drives: E92 335i AW/CR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 温哥华Vancouver

Posts: 816
iTrader: (6)

how to add an US address to my canadian paypal account?

anyone knows?
i want to add the TSB shipping in point roberts address in my paypal account but it wont let me unless its an canadian address. what to do?
mkiv is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv View Post
anyone knows?
i want to add the TSB shipping in point roberts address in my paypal account but it wont let me unless its an canadian address. what to do?
the only way I was able to do it was to do it from ebay. for some reason that updated paypal....
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
mkiv
2JZ
 
Drives: E92 335i AW/CR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 温哥华Vancouver

Posts: 816
iTrader: (6)

thanks bavfan!
i dont have an ebay account, do you mind tell me a little bit more detailed?
mkiv is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv View Post
thanks bavfan!
i dont have an ebay account, do you mind tell me a little bit more detailed?
I created an ebay account (though I am avid ebayer.)

I actually bought something from a USA seller through ebay and added the US address through that way...that somehow reached my paypal account.

I believe they are trying to clamp down on this sort of thing to protect sellers (making sure your address is confirmed.)

But adding a US address is very handy since you can pick up something in the US (at a hotel or someones house) and save money on shipping, duties. especially when the seller only ships with-in usa.

Try your best to go through ebay - if not, you may have to consider opening up a paypal usa account. but you may need a USA credit card for that....
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Soni
Major General
 
Soni's Avatar
 
Drives: Just a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CANADA eh!

Posts: 8,378
iTrader: (35)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavFan_08 View Post
the only way I was able to do it was to do it from ebay. for some reason that updated paypal....
yup thats how I got US address added in my paypal too
Soni is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
mkiv
2JZ
 
Drives: E92 335i AW/CR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 温哥华Vancouver

Posts: 816
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavFan_08 View Post
I created an ebay account (though I am avid ebayer.)

I actually bought something from a USA seller through ebay and added the US address through that way...that somehow reached my paypal account.

I believe they are trying to clamp down on this sort of thing to protect sellers (making sure your address is confirmed.)

But adding a US address is very handy since you can pick up something in the US (at a hotel or someones house) and save money on shipping, duties. especially when the seller only ships with-in usa.

Try your best to go through ebay - if not, you may have to consider opening up a paypal usa account. but you may need a USA credit card for that....
so i have to buy something from ebay to get this done?
thanks for the idea
mkiv is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv View Post
so i have to buy something from ebay to get this done?
thanks for the idea
yes...give it a shot. buy something cheap and see what happens.
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
nospleeny
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 970
iTrader: (0)

Most sellers will NOT ship to the address that is NOT verified on your paypal account. ie. the address verified on your paypal account would likely be the one where your credit card statements are sent (since you can retrieve the check codes they charge to you when you register the card). This is meant to protect the sellers. I've been burned before. I sold a digital camera and the address some guy used on paypal was unverified but I shipped it there anyways... the guy claimed he never got it and paypal did a charge back to me and I was out $500 because of this prick. So I don't care how trust worthy or what rating the person has, if it isn't verified, it isn't being shipped.
nospleeny is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospleeny View Post
Most sellers will NOT ship to the address that is NOT verified on your paypal account. ie. the address verified on your paypal account would likely be the one where your credit card statements are sent (since you can retrieve the check codes they charge to you when you register the card). This is meant to protect the sellers. I've been burned before. I sold a digital camera and the address some guy used on paypal was unverified but I shipped it there anyways... the guy claimed he never got it and paypal did a charge back to me and I was out $500 because of this prick. So I don't care how trust worthy or what rating the person has, if it isn't verified, it isn't being shipped.
Not necessarily...I have addresses that are not my home address associated with my credit card that show as CONFIRMED (not verified.) In this way, the seller usually ships it since the address is confirmed and is covered by the paypal seller insurance....
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
nospleeny
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 970
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavFan_08 View Post
Not necessarily...I have addresses that are not my home address associated with my credit card that show as CONFIRMED (not verified.) In this way, the seller usually ships it since the address is confirmed and is covered by the paypal seller insurance....
I think the seller insurance only covers verified addresses if I remember right. This is how I got burned.
nospleeny is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #11
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospleeny View Post
I think the seller insurance only covers verified addresses if I remember right. This is how I got burned.
ah ok....its unfortunate you got burned. sorry to hear that.
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
nospleeny
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 970
iTrader: (0)

I had the tracking # and everything for the shipment as required by paypal. When they reviewed it, they said I don't qualify as the address was confirmed but was not verified. The tracking # for the address said it was successfully delivered and there was a signature too!

They said I can only ship to verified address to be eligible for the coverage. Turns out, the S.O.B. used a stolen credit card information.
nospleeny is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

yikes...and that guy can never get a negative rating because sellers are not allowed to give negative ratings!!!
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 823
iTrader: (2)

but wait...if you can prove the buyer used a stolen credit card, cant ebay investigate that account?
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
mkiv
2JZ
 
Drives: E92 335i AW/CR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 温哥华Vancouver

Posts: 816
iTrader: (6)

damn i dont know what to buy to test add address......
__________________
E92 335i Fully Loaded | Procede Rev2 | ETS FMIC | AR Catless DP | AFE DCI | AA BOV | KW V2 | iForged Essen | VRS CF Trunk | M-Tech Sideskirts | M-Tech Rear | Ericsson Front
mkiv is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
mkiv
2JZ
 
Drives: E92 335i AW/CR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 温哥华Vancouver

Posts: 816
iTrader: (6)

hey bavfan, when i create ebay account, should i put it the US address i will be using or put the canadian one first then when i buy something put the US address in during checkout? cuz when im trying to create the account it asked me for visa card number and billing address etc to vierfy....
__________________
E92 335i Fully Loaded | Procede Rev2 | ETS FMIC | AR Catless DP | AFE DCI | AA BOV | KW V2 | iForged Essen | VRS CF Trunk | M-Tech Sideskirts | M-Tech Rear | Ericsson Front
mkiv is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #17
nospleeny
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 970
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavFan_08 View Post
but wait...if you can prove the buyer used a stolen credit card, cant ebay investigate that account?
They said they don't investigate and don't provide insurance on non-verified addresses, regardless if it's confirmed.

The account was shut down on ebay and paypal as a result, but I'm still out my money.
nospleeny is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST