E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > P990 Compatibility



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
 
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: carefully
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (3)

P990 Compatibility

I posted this in the sticky above, but have yet to get a response. Please advise.

guys, is the P990 compatible w/the idrive/bluetooth combo? I did a search and everyone is saying that it is totally not possible, however those posts were from september. Can someone confirm? I ordered my 328XI today and need to know for sure.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
dxk
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik
I posted this in the sticky above, but have yet to get a response. Please advise.

guys, is the P990 compatible w/the idrive/bluetooth combo? I did a search and everyone is saying that it is totally not possible, however those posts were from september. Can someone confirm? I ordered my 328XI today and need to know for sure.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy
Net, ne rabotaet.
No, it's been discussed here already and nothing has changed
__________________
e46 328i
C32 AMG
e90 330i
e60 535i
f10 550i
dxk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
 
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: carefully
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk
Net, ne rabotaet.
No, it's been discussed here already and nothing has changed
shit, that sucks. Any work around to it? This phone is my life.
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
dxk
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik
shit, that sucks. Any work around to it? This phone is my life.
no, none. Watch for a possible firmware upgrade from SE, but I doubt it. As it's been discussed here, none of symbian OS phone work with BMW, that's why I got BlackBerry Pearl - the best phone I've had yet, and I had P900 and N70
__________________
e46 328i
C32 AMG
e90 330i
e60 535i
f10 550i
dxk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
 
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: carefully
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk
no, none. Watch for a possible firmware upgrade from SE, but I doubt it. As it's been discussed here, none of symbian OS phone work with BMW, that's why I got BlackBerry Pearl - the best phone I've had yet, and I had P900 and N70
hopefully the upgrade will fix it... the pearl is a good phone but i cant stand that there are 2 letters to every button makes typing harder... get the P990 much better and though its not faster firmware wise as well as it doesnt have edge like the crackberry, still a great phone all around. P900 was awesome back in the day, i loved it, even better than the P910
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
abc9475
Lieutenant
 
abc9475's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i M-Lemans
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Swe

Posts: 413
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 Volvo V70  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik
hopefully the upgrade will fix it... the pearl is a good phone but i cant stand that there are 2 letters to every button makes typing harder... get the P990 much better and though its not faster firmware wise as well as it doesnt have edge like the crackberry, still a great phone all around. P900 was awesome back in the day, i loved it, even better than the P910

I agree on P900 was better than the P910 as I had it aswell. Got P990 myself now but mine is connected to the Tomtom Go910 and it works superb.
P990 is a SUPERB mobilephone
abc9475 is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
xballashakalax
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 439
iTrader: (2)

i agree......but sad its not working with BMW
xballashakalax is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST