E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Suspension & Drivetrain Upgrades to 335xi Sedan



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
BoostLover99
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Soon to be '07 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Last Sorta Free State Left

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Suspension & Drivetrain Upgrades to 335xi Sedan

Been doing a lot of reading and searching but haven't been able to find definitive answers - apologies in advance if they seem n00b.

1) Bilstein PSS9/PSS10 coilovers do NOT fit, correct?

If no drop is desired (only handling improvement is desired), KW V3 coilovers seem to be the preferred choice (at the risk of leaking/squeaking)?

2) Wavetrac limited slip differential will fit the rear diff, correct? Any interference with electronic nannies?

3) Quaife limited slip differential will fit the front diff, correct? Any interference with electronic nannies? Where can this part be sourced?

Thanks in advance
BoostLover99 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
GTR-Dad
2
Driver
 
GTR-Dad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M5 - DCT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beaumont, AB

Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

I like my KW V3's. Ride height is a choice.

No experience with slippy diffs, but have a couple of track days on the OEM drive train (no tune either) and with decent tires and KW V3's experienced no obvious wheel spin.

It's worth mentioning that the body roll with the OEM suspension was significant enough to mess up suspension geometry and break even the good tires (Advan Neova AD08's) loose under cornering loads. The limits are much higher with the KW V3 setup.

Dan
GTR-Dad is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
BoostLover99
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Soon to be '07 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Last Sorta Free State Left

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info, Dan!
BoostLover99 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
GTR-Dad
2
Driver
 
GTR-Dad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M5 - DCT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beaumont, AB

Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostLover99 View Post
Thanks for the info, Dan!
No worries...
Here's a link to an xDrive suspension compatibility thread that may be helpful.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251639

Dan
GTR-Dad is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
M II
12
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Habra, CA

Posts: 1,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostLover99 View Post
Been doing a lot of reading and searching but haven't been able to find definitive answers - apologies in advance if they seem n00b.

1) Bilstein PSS9/PSS10 coilovers do NOT fit, correct?

If no drop is desired (only handling improvement is desired), KW V3 coilovers seem to be the preferred choice (at the risk of leaking/squeaking)?

2) Wavetrac limited slip differential will fit the rear diff, correct? Any interference with electronic nannies?

3) Quaife limited slip differential will fit the front diff, correct? Any interference with electronic nannies? Where can this part be sourced?

Thanks in advance
I personally love the Xi models!

Bilstein does not have an application available currently for the 335xi models. KW Part #35220048 is what you want! If you have any questions about suspension components, feel free to shoot over a PM!
M II is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
BoostLover99
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Soon to be '07 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Last Sorta Free State Left

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Solid - thanks, Edward. The plan thus far is to pick up an '07 E90 xi and add KW V3, Wavetrac LSD (rear), Quaife LSD (front), JB3, and a clutch.

Also searching for a Las Vegas area installer (*not* the dealer) and maintenance guy.
BoostLover99 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
M II
12
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Habra, CA

Posts: 1,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostLover99 View Post
Solid - thanks, Edward. The plan thus far is to pick up an '07 E90 xi and add KW V3, Wavetrac LSD (rear), Quaife LSD (front), JB3, and a clutch.

Also searching for a Las Vegas area installer (*not* the dealer) and maintenance guy.
That would make your car sing!

Let me know if we can be of any help on your build!
M II is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
335xidave
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Dinan3/335xi
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I have the Dinan Stage 2 suspend. Do you think I need to add a carbon fiber strut tower brace to? Do you think it would make a difference? I live in Denver, so I do alot of driving in the mountains, lots of twisties. Also, when I replace these Fricking run flats, what tires would you guys advise to get?,,,,,,Yokos?
335xidave is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #9
MassBimmer
70
Major General
 
MassBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norfolk, MA

Posts: 7,019
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xidave View Post
I have the Dinan Stage 2 suspend. Do you think I need to add a carbon fiber strut tower brace to? Do you think it would make a difference? I live in Denver, so I do alot of driving in the mountains, lots of twisties. Also, when I replace these Fricking run flats, what tires would you guys advise to get?,,,,,,Yokos?
What does the Dinan Stage 2 Suspension consist of for your xi?
__________________
E90 LCI 328i xDrive: M-Sport Conversion / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMW Performance Intake / BMW Performance Steering Wheel / VMR V710 / KW V1
MassBimmer is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
GTR-Dad
2
Driver
 
GTR-Dad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M5 - DCT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beaumont, AB

Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xidave View Post
what tires would you guys advise to get?,,,,,,Yokos?
I'm running the Advan Neova AD08's for summer. It would be a good idea to swap 'em for winters for snow and cold weather.

Dan
GTR-Dad is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
335xidave
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Dinan3/335xi
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

MassBimmer, It might be easier to get on the Dinan web-site and see what the Stage 2kit has in it,,I wouldn't want to give you false info.
335xidave is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bilstein pss10, kw v3, limited slip differential, quaife, wavetrac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST