E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Would I be bored?

07-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #23
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Hi Gavin,

For me, diesels are the best all round engines for the mileage I do ~15k p.a. it gives me high performance when I need it, economy at all other times. BUT I dont love my diesels cars, never have never will. They have no soul, no real emotion rather they are just uber efficient at what they do. All I can muster is respect for the 330d, oh and a big smile when I come to fill it up!

Maybe I miss the 7k revs and the noise, those two things do get you involved in the driving experience and its why I do keep lusting for a fast petrol

Did see a A5 3.2 petrol this morning, that must be worth a looky? I do drive past a couple times a week mate, so if you want a run in mine happy to meet up so you can defo decide against a diesel, he he

Btw, still think the Rocco R will overwhelme the fwd.but hey that could be fun as well!
Cheers for the offer mate. Appreciated. I think I have actually talked myself out of a diesel though! Was looking forward to driving the R on Saturday, but the dealership have pulled the test drive. Apparently the Sales Manager is driving the car so it's unavailable. WTF?!! Do these monkeys actually want to sell cars? I can reschedule apparently. Think I may try elsewhere...

RockIt!
RockIt is offline   England
      07-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #24
NFS
Major General

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Was looking forward to driving the R on Saturday, but the dealership have pulled the test drive. Apparently the Sales Manager is driving the car so it's unavailable. WTF?!!
Thats insane!

I hope you explain to them why they have lost you as a customer.
      07-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #25
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

And to think, Porsche gave me a free driving day and a Michelin Star meal for me +1...

You know it makes sense mate

PS - you really have no luck! I text before I read this, what a ballache mate!!

Matt
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom