E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Angel Eye Upgrade Advice Please Guys Im Confused!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Angel Eye Upgrade Advice Please Guys Im Confused!

Hey guys,

So, I have a 2007 pre-lci 335i Msport.

I want to have bright white rings like the lci cars. How do I achieve this? I have angel eyes obviously on my car, but they have the old yellowish colour to them.

What do I need to upgrade? Do I need entire new headlight units including all the inside workings etc which I know is pricey.....?

OR

Is there a product on the market that fits/ replaces the rings/bulbs in my current headlight units and upgrades them to look like the lci lights. In other words is this a bulb replacement kind of thing OR an entire unit replacement??

OR x2 is there a halfway kind of product? If the only genuine way too do it is to stump for entire LCI units, then I can't afford it. If there's a way to upgrade my current units for a couple hundred quid, even if they aren't quite as bright and beautiful as real LCI's, id prob give it a shot.

Thanks for your wisdom
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
stashtrey
Major
19
Rep
1,302
Posts

Drives: 08 335xi Sedan Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
I got Lux after several sets of the cheaper (got em at BMS) ones kept failing....could just be me) and havent had an issue since. They look fantastic.

They have an e90 pre lci version.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
I got Lux after several sets of the cheaper (got em at BMS) ones kept failing....could just be me) and havent had an issue since. They look fantastic.

They have an e90 pre lci version.
What is Lux exactly?? a bulb replacement product that fits a pre lci unit?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
richk84
Captain
England
18
Rep
792
Posts

Drives: e92 LCI 320d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over

iTrader: (0)

if you want LCI angel eyes you will need to retrofit LED rings to your current headlights. Replacing your bulbs wont match the LCI look.

like so:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972392
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
if you want LCI angel eyes you will need to retrofit LED rings to your current headlights. Replacing your bulbs wont match the LCI look.

like so:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972392
So, I don't need new units, I've just gotta change the rings with the required bits?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
richk84
Captain
England
18
Rep
792
Posts

Drives: e92 LCI 320d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
So, I don't need new units, I've just gotta change the rings with the required bits?
Yep, bumper off, lights out, open lights and fit LED rings. Its on my to-do list. You just need a long weekend when you can take your time and dont need your car.

Josh on here offers a service where you post your lights to him if you dont fancy doing it yourself.

http://www.liteangels.co.uk/
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #7
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
Yep, bumper off, lights out, open lights and fit LED rings. Its on my to-do list. You just need a long weekend when you can take your time and dont need your car.

Josh on here offers a service where you post your lights to him if you dont fancy doing it yourself.

http://www.liteangels.co.uk/
Ive already got angel eyes. Apparently all I need is some lux bulbs or similar. Plug them in and I'm away
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
M4rius
Banned
Lithuania
8
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw e92  [4.50]
just get a bulbs ,simples
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rius View Post
just get a bulbs ,simples
yep
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
Yoro35i
TROll
Yoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
2,465
Posts

Drives: E92 335I M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Even with lux, it will never be the same as lci cars, outer ring will never be bright, u want even light the liteangels if not get some 60 watts h8 led from ebay.

1,Lite angel( most costly options)
2, lux bulbs (2nd most costly option)
3, ebay least expensive but 80% of what u want

Last edited by Yoro35i; 05-11-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #11
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
Even with lux, it will never be the same as lci cars, inner ring will never be bright, u want even light the liteangels if not get some 60 watts h8 led from ebay.

1,Lite angel( most costly options)
2, lux bulbs (2nd most costly option)
3, ebay least expensive but 80% of what u want
cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
tc535i
Major
19
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
Even with lux, it will never be the same as lci cars, inner ring will never be bright, u want even light the liteangels if not get some 60 watts h8 led from ebay.

1,Lite angel( most costly options)
2, lux bulbs (2nd most costly option)
3, ebay least expensive but 80% of what u want
I haven't seen the high wattage led for pre LCI. These use the bulb with 2 LEDs next to each other, not the ones with LEDs all around and high wattage.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
Yoro35i
TROll
Yoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
2,465
Posts

Drives: E92 335I M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
I haven't seen the high wattage led for pre LCI. These use the bulb with 2 LEDs next to each other, not the ones with LEDs all around and high wattage.
Mine is 32watts each side, has 4 led on each bulb, cost me 70 pounds.

Before someone say its fake, i ran v shape 8 watt bulbs, 20watt bulbs before and these are the best.

This photo is angel light on only

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #14
Leah1
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 320d m sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Space

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
if you want LCI angel eyes you will need to retrofit LED rings to your current headlights. Replacing your bulbs wont match the LCI look.

like so:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972392

Those look gorgeous!
Really want to do this to mine!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
tc535i
Major
19
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
Mine is 32watts each side, has 4 led on each bulb, cost me 70 pounds.

Before someone say its fake, i ran v shape 8 watt bulbs, 20watt bulbs before and these are the best.

This photo is angel light on only

E92 is different, e90 pre-lci only has the 2 led option unless anybody can show me otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #16
Yoro35i
TROll
Yoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
2,465
Posts

Drives: E92 335I M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
E92 is different, e90 pre-lci only has the 2 led option unless anybody can show me otherwise.
FFS, IF OP is asking about the E92 pre-lci...why are we talking about the e90 when it is a different car?!
__________________
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS |CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI light|CIC controller retrofit|2014 Mods: Birds B3 Suspension kit,Project Mu pads,Afe Filter and PTF Protune & Pilot sports cups. Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport Dual, Duke Dynamic Diffuser. Eibach Pro springs.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #17
tc535i
Major
19
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Maybe I missed that, didn't see e92, and somebody else mentioned e90
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #18
M4rius
Banned
Lithuania
8
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw e92  [4.50]
I've fitted hid's to mine. Only 15 and looks good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
58
Rep
3,830
Posts

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rius View Post
I've fitted hid's to mine. Only 15 and looks good enough for me.
Watch out for HIDss... your halos will yellow from the heat and then you would have done irreparable damage

You will never achieve your wanted look with a drop in bulb
This is due to the terrible light tube design adopted by BMW

This is what we do best



Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
bishbosh
Private First Class
3
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: E91
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sheffield

iTrader: (0)

You mention you only work on E92/E93 & M3

Any chance you'll be doing E90 & E91 angel eye upgrades?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #21
M4rius
Banned
Lithuania
8
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw e92  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Watch out for HIDss... your halos will yellow from the heat and then you would have done irreparable damage

You will never achieve your wanted look with a drop in bulb
This is due to the terrible light tube design adopted by BMW

This is what we do best



If it happens I'll fit ccfl's
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #22
Lazza
Private First Class
Lazza's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
FFS, IF OP is asking about the E92 pre-lci...why are we talking about the e90 when it is a different car?!
AMEN!

Just to clarify........they don't have to be AS GOOD as bright white LCI's. But if I can get them looking a nice shade/brightness of white for the cost of some flipping bulbs, them I'm happy.

I don't need rings. All the rings do is reflect the light.... right? So H8 bulbs are compliant with my Pre LCI e92 335i m-sport and i'm gona go with that.

Sod spending hundreds on getting 'true' LCI lights. I'll just have real ones when I buy an LCI car!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST