E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > went to pick up my 335i and it was sold??

07-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #23
Chriztofor
Colonel

Drives: '06 325i Auto

^ Deposits don't matter, they will claim that they messed up and try to sell you another car, then if you don't find something you want they will refund your deposit. If you still fuss they will tell you they can probably get it in 3 weeks and then the game begins again.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Chriztofor is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #24
arc1880
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '07 335i (e92)

Sorry to hear that man. That is a killer deal for that price and the low mileage. I just recently drove over 2 hours to pick up the same car for $29k with about 24.5k miles on it. I got lucky that the sales lady actually held the car for me without me putting down any deposit, but just her verbal promise.

But a couple of days before that, one of the local BMW dealers had the same car. I came in late afternoon on a Saturday and as I pull back into the dealership after test driving the car, the salesman gets a phone call and he says that someone was also interested in the car. So I park the car and the kid (which I later found out that he couldn't decide between a 328i and 335i) , and his parents (which of course are paying for the car) are already hawking around the car before I even get out. 10 minutes later, the guy told me the car was sold. Anyways that was my rant. Good luck man.
arc1880 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #25
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: F30 (on its way)

That sucks, but a deposit wouldn't have guaranteed a sale because a car they're upside down on (if the even were, they are salesman) and if someone said they wanted it for mor than your offer they're taking it. Killer deals to us are shitty deals to them, so if they can do better, like us, they will.
      07-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
SmoothStyle1
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335i sedan, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlayer View Post
Just vented my frustration.. 2 days ago I drove 200 miles away to pick up a CPO 2007 BMW 335i w/ approx 22k miles ($26k) from a BMW dealership in NJ. I negotiated most of everything via email and phone.. I asked about filling the paper work for financing out on a Friday and the salesman said "don't worry about since you'll be in when we open tomorrow".

So Saturday morning I go to get my new car.. I get there and the salesman is literally hiding from me. I then find out.. that someone put a deposit down in the late the night before.. So I'm like..

Argued and argued and argued.. they tried to find me another ride.. but they kept showing me other 335i's that were WAY overpriced. I wasted 6hrs of my time, approx 400 miles of driving and came home w/ nothing.. now the search continues for a 335i at a killer price (getting very close).

Oh.. I did place a complaint in w/ BMW corporate this morning about the whole ridiculous escapade.
Tough to blame the salesman. A simple credit card deposit would have saved you this agony.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned

Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

I am sorry to hear that but talks so cheap man.

Granted, you had the funds waiting and you were a legit buyer... but there are SO many people who state they want to buy a car/are going to and back out.

Money talks.

Youll be okay though! They are made in the factory.. plenty of 335i's out there for you. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #28
DJPlayer
Private

Drives:

I'm tempted to think this is a bait and switch game. Which really pisses me off because the salesman new I was traveling from a little over 2hrs away.

After they told me they didn't have the car.. they showed me a 2008 white 335i w/ 10k miles (cold weather/premiums) NOT CPO'd for like 31.5k. Then a 2010 new BMW that was was as base as you could get (NOT EVEN A MOONROOF!) for 32k.

car is still on the website.. I'm so tempted to call and see if it's "available". If I heard the word "yes", I'd probably go back for for blood. Oh well, like I said, staring down a 2008 335i w/ 20k miles (cold weather/premium/IPOD) fighting for around 28.5k?

Right now I can do 29.5k (but I want 28.5k), sound like a good deal, If I can get that price?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #29
John 070
Lieutenant General

Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlayer View Post
I'm fighting right now for a CPO 08 335i w/ 20k miles for 28.5 or so. They're still $800 or so off.. I think I can get them to hit that price next week (could be gone then though).
Wow, these 335's have no resale at all. Good thing I plan on never selling or trading mine. But it's a lesson learned--why are people buying 335is which cost even more? LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #30
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Money talks, BS walks...there is no deal until you have put money on the table and gotten a signed contract in return.

I don't really blame the dealer for selling the car for (probably) more than you offered. Look at it from his end, too -- how many people do you think they get calling trying up to get a good price that never show up. I bet there are a lot.

Sorry, but no sympathy here. Now you know what you need to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
m@rco
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 328i

Bad, bad luck. You can't really blame the dealership but this definitely does not deserve a price for customer service. A phone call to you would have been the least.

Anyway, I know how this feels. Cars are emotion and this is emotion more than rationale. Plus, it happened to me. I hated myself for not putting down a downpayment. But I got lucky. After a week or so, I noticed that the car was still for sale on the website. But when I called (on 2 occations), the (different) sales people kept saying the car was sold and that they had not updated the webside... After 10 days or so, I finally drove back to the dealership (20 miles only...) only to find out that my "dream car" was still sitting there. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Came back the next day during opening hours only to find out that it was not for sale for the price I negotiated earlier. The price negotiated was for the other car that we had talked about during my first visit. And that one had been sold. I ended up paying approximately $1000 more than expected but you forget that quickly.

Anyway, if your dream car is really gone, forget about it. Yes it hurts but heck, you may find a better one. Mind you that my dream car a year ago is not my dream car anymore... There is always something better out there. But then again, it's only a car (and ehh, yes, I even managed to leave a scratch on the front spoiler the other day, ouch..., so yes, it is not as good as it was)

If you have time, make use of it to search for another dream car. Otherwise, buy the other car that costs $800 more. Check if you can get new floor mats or so for free. Politely ask if you can speak to the sales team leader (not some manager), place a reasonable bid and explain your case etc. I know how difficult it is to keep cool but always remain polite. If you upset the sales leader he is not going to do you a favor. Good luck and let us know how the story develops!
m@rco is offline   Netherlands
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #32
Quasimodem
Colonel

Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Must have been bought by some lowlife back-stabber scum-bucket.

How much are you willing to pay for it now?

Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Quasimodem is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #33
DJPlayer
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Wow, these 335's have no resale at all. Good thing I plan on never selling or trading mine. But it's a lesson learned--why are people buying 335is which cost even more? LOL
I've been shopping in the entire northeast area of the U.S. Some dealerships have tried to sell me cars of similar miles, options etc.. for about 30k. With the economy in such an iffy state, cars that sit on the lot to long, start getting prices slashed. Also with american and some Japanese dealerships offering so many sweet specials on new cars, this competition brings down value of used cars (as least temporarily).
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 03:12 AM   #34
m@rco
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 328i

Did you keep track of all the other cars that you considered? If you maintain an excel sheet or so (and have time), you can check regularly how long the cars have been "for sale". That may help in your negotiations although I'm not sure. Go shopping on the last day of the month when it rains cats and dogs. That does help, I believe.

And eh, I hardly dare to say but how about a 328i? Save some cash and buy the new 3-series in a couple of years. I know it has less power etc. but - as many BMW admirers will state - the naturally aspirated engine does have the real BMW character. Do you really need and use all the horses available or is it a "nice to have"? Save your money and buy a ticket to Germany and rent a BMW for a weekend. Take that car for a spin on the autobahn and in the alps... That is when you can really enjoy it. Needless to say that a 328i has no HPFP issues, cheaper maintenance, etc.
m@rco is offline   Netherlands
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #35
UrTools

Drives: E90 335i

that sucks man, put a deposit next time so nobody can touch it.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #36
LHB
Private

Drives: 2005 330i ZHP

If it's any consolation, I was at the very final stages of negotiating the purchase of a pre owned car not very long ago. There was one slight point of disagrement between me and the dealer, and I asked for a small amount of time to think it over. I went to the gorcery store to buy a few things, and when I returned and called them back, someone had put a deposit on the thing.

It was my own fault, and the eventual buyer had also been negotiating for the car for some time, but it was strange to think that a trip to the grocery store lost me that car.

To reiterate the points made above, if you want the car, put a deposit on it as soon as you are sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #37
cotmfk
Brigadier General

Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
That really does suck; but you should have put a deposit down with a credit card.
Completely agree.
      07-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #38
zoom335is
Banned

Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335is

Oh wow man I feel your pain, I would be so angry, that is such bullshit! I would have said you are crazy not to file a complaint. Its always been about making money and not about the individual, thats whats wrong with this world, MONEY!

Hope you find your car!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401410
zoom335is is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #39
vlm7
Second Lieutenant

Drives: this and that

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
If it's any consolation, I left a deposit on a car that still had to go through prepurchase prep and they still sold it to a higher bidder the next day. They then offered me a much higher mileage car for barely any less $. I've filed complaints with the state regulatory board and BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #40
Freakazoid
Captain

Drives: Saturn Redline

fyi for those that have been screwed outta deposits... you do have legal recourse... just a fyi
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #41
triggz
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

the same thing happened to me. but you know what, everything happens for a reason.

i went to Audi to pick up an A5, made the deal, did the paperwork, calls me 2 days later, saying the car got sold. I was so upset! I really wanted that car. 2 weeks later, i got my E92 335i. Let me tell you, how happy I am that i didnt get the A5. I got exactly what i wanted, in the beamer. If it wasn't for that situation, id prolly be on an Audi forum right now instead of this site. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.
triggz is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #42
Ignignokt
No one can defeat the quad laser.

Drives: 335

Wow that's terrible. I'm thinking it's possible it was a bait and switch, but like others have said, money talks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #43
E92-Lighting

Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
sorry to hear, there are other deals around
E92-Lighting is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #44
slimysnails
Leaving slime trails...

Drives: a black brick

when i was still looking for a car, i called a place in nj in the morning to ask if they still had two vehicles i was interested in. they said yes so i drove there only to find out BOTH cars were sold days ago. they tried to sell me something else...the ol' bait and switch.
slimysnails is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0