E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > went to pick up my 335i and it was sold??

07-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #67
furiousd2004
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 M3

Send a message via AIM to furiousd2004
That does suck, especially since you had to drive all the way there and back. Though, like others, I'm not shocked.

Its easier to look at it ojbectively when you aren't excited to buy a car but you have to look at it as just business. Not to pile on salespeople - doesn't necessarily mean they are horrible people, but some are better than others. Though karma can come into play.

I had an '08 which was involved in an accident, then an '09 which I got rid of due to hpfp/injector issues.

Salesman 1: "Forgot" the deal we negotiated beforehand, and wasted a day of my time haggling - playing the "i need to go back and ask my manager" game

Salesman 2 for the '09: First guy wasn't there at the time, which was fine. Found a car I liked, agreed to a price on paper. I wanted to test drive some different makes for fun so I wasn't going to buy on the spot. Come back the next day to finalize everything and caught the paperwork at MSRP instead of our negotiated price.

I also had to call back to have him submit my service agreement for BMW assist. Then they never sent my registration in so I got pulled over with the cops assuming I had stolen the car since the tags were not registered. I had already given my 5's for the survey, so my e-mails and phone calls were not returned(surprise?). I got it fixed through someone else, but he still should have facilitated.

So I roll up (finally smarter) having negotiated the 11 with the internet sales guy. He asked who i deal with before and luck has it that both previous salesmen were there. I was then asked if i'd rather work with one of them instead since I was "their" customer.

I acted innocent and declined, saying I wasn't aware of any sort of salsperson etiquette. I'm sure they all went back and talked, but it was great to sit there and have them look dumbfounded for a bit. They both lost themselves a comission.

I did have a great salesguy before I went for the '08, but he was long gone by the time i was ready to purchase again.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #68
oilfighter
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 335D

Talking about bait and switch, earlier last year we were trying to buy a Honda Accord for my girl friend. I called and sent out emails to a few local dealers, and found a dealer who said they had a completely stock (no BS protection package, pin stripe etc) car that we want, and agreed on our price. We showed up, and that car was not stock, but he said, oh, we won't charge for it. I said, fine, as long as the price is what we agreed on. Sure enough, the manager comes out, and said, sorry, we can't sell you the car for that price, because it has all these stuff added on.

They were such scums, and even had the balls to say, if you find another car for a higher price, be sure to come back to us. I called them a liar and left.
Appreciate 0