E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Death Row - Last Meal Decision



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #45
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
34
Rep
336
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f=ma View Post


im a california boy
In 'n Out FTW!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #46
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
34
Rep
336
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I forgot what comes after guy

"I'm not your guy, bitch."
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #47
bosstones
Major
48
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: o_0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
LOL all my comments regarding Harrisburg are removed yet "fuck chicago and their pizza" is allowed to stand

Specifically, I would get a 14" thin crust double pepperoni from JJ Twigs in Palatine, IL. Next time I order one maybe tonight I'll take a pic
Have you had Nick's Pizza out in Crystal Lake or Elgin? Mmmmmm.... Their thin crust is good stuff.

When I first read thez99's comment about pizza I was like "oh no he didn't!" (lol), but like schoy said, apples and oranges. I've had NY thin crust and various East coast takes on it, but I still prefer the thin crust I can get here in Chicago. Just personal preference. Deep dish is goodfrom time to time. Lou Malnati's at least offers a low fat cheese option. The funny thing about Uno's vs Lou Malnati's vs Gino's East is that they all originated from Uno's in the beginning.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #48
BTM
Banned
United_States
171
Rep
10,314
Posts

 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Have you had Nick's Pizza out in Crystal Lake or Elgin? Mmmmmm.... Their thin crust is good stuff.

When I first read thez99's comment about pizza I was like "oh no he didn't!" (lol), but like schoy said, apples and oranges. I've had NY thin crust and various East coast takes on it, but I still prefer the thin crust I can get here in Chicago. Just personal preference. Deep dish is goodfrom time to time. Lou Malnati's at least offers a low fat cheese option. The funny thing about Uno's vs Lou Malnati's vs Gino's East is that they all originated from Uno's in the beginning.
Nope, I don't really go out that far, but may have to make a special trip. Perhaps it is personal preference or being used to what you're raised on, but like I said before I've had more than a couple NYers come visit and even the most hard headed embodiment of the "everything in NY is best" mindset had to give props where due
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #49
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

I want pizza now
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #50
ponch_ki
Second Lieutenant
ponch_ki's Avatar
14
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manila, Philippines

iTrader: (0)



Lechon - Cebu (slow roasted pork), I wonder if any of you guys have tried this
__________________
2008 AW E92 M3 (sold ) Amuse Ericsson Exhaust, Amuse Trunk, Vorsteiner Lip, BMW Performance Seats, AA SSK, AA Pulley, Gruppe-M Intake, BBS 19" LMs, AP Racing BBK
1994 BMW E36 M3 Euro (Track Car)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #51
cuban335i
Brigadier General
cuban335i's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
3,550
Posts

 
Drives: 535i xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (18)

sushi ftw
__________________
Current:
'13 F10 535i xDrive - lightly modded for now
Previous:
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #52
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
161
Rep
2,664
Posts

 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Kalbi. I'll eat that to my death.
Oh lawds just looked this up since I had no idea what it was...must find Korean restaurant



Quote:
Originally Posted by m3manila View Post


Lechon - Cebu (slow roasted pork), I wonder if any of you guys have tried this
Omfg...just looked this up, this is Filipino food? Do want do want
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #53
BTM
Banned
United_States
171
Rep
10,314
Posts

 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #54
BigDog
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
739
Posts

 
Drives: E90 and E65
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
No real culnitarian or whatever you call yourself believed the best pizza to exist in NY. While there is very, very excellent pizza in that city, Chicago has the best pizza in the nation, and that's not just a local talking, that's basically everyone I've ever taken out for pizza that's visited me in Chicago. NY is #1 for seafood, but for pizza and steak I beg to differ
even though i live in chicago.... the pizza in chicago is NOT pizza....


real pizza in the US = ny style pizza
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #55
BTM
Banned
United_States
171
Rep
10,314
Posts

 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
even though i live in chicago.... the pizza in chicago is NOT pizza....


real pizza in the US = ny style pizza
What is it?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #56
ponch_ki
Second Lieutenant
ponch_ki's Avatar
14
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manila, Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Oh lawds just looked this up since I had no idea what it was...must find Korean restaurant





Omfg...just looked this up, this is Filipino food? Do want do want
Yup you gotta try it! Takes 5 hours to roas one, i remember Anthony bourdain saying that it's the best roast pork in the world, in the province they use plates to chop the pork becaus of ts tenderness
__________________
2008 AW E92 M3 (sold ) Amuse Ericsson Exhaust, Amuse Trunk, Vorsteiner Lip, BMW Performance Seats, AA SSK, AA Pulley, Gruppe-M Intake, BBS 19" LMs, AP Racing BBK
1994 BMW E36 M3 Euro (Track Car)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #57
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
116
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

LOL Doug isn't banned anymore.
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #58
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
116
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
i would have roti,ox tails with ricee,ackee and salt fish, king fish, and wash it down with a red stripe, cola champagne and some wray and nephew rum
You are absolutely, totally black for that one. No questions asked. I don't even need to hear anything else after this. Jamaica FTW.


That said, I definitely wouldn't choose all that LOL. You'd die after the ackee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3manila View Post


Lechon - Cebu (slow roasted pork), I wonder if any of you guys have tried this
Yuuummmm.
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #59
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
lopealle's Avatar
Zimbabwe
63
Rep
2,245
Posts

 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
its a jamaican thing dude. try each of the things i mentioned and i gurantee you will enjoy them,
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #60
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
116
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Oxtail gravy is much better than the oxtail itself.
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #61
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
161
Rep
2,664
Posts

 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3manila View Post
Yup you gotta try it! Takes 5 hours to roas one, i remember Anthony bourdain saying that it's the best roast pork in the world, in the province they use plates to chop the pork becaus of ts tenderness
I'm tracking down a Korean restaurant asap...can't wait to travel and taste the foods of the world.

I can pick pretty much anywhere to visit in December, my dad told me the best places to choose from would either be China or India. China because of technology and India because of epic food...anyone have any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
LOL Doug isn't banned anymore.
finally off of my undeserved ban...i joined in '07 that should mean I am banproof

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #62
ghosthi32
Banned
25
Rep
2,516
Posts

 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

iTrader: (0)

oh hai doug
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #63
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
I'm tracking down a Korean restaurant asap...can't wait to travel and taste the foods of the world.

I can pick pretty much anywhere to visit in December, my dad told me the best places to choose from would either be China or India. China because of technology and India because of epic food...anyone have any recommendations?



finally off of my undeserved ban...i joined in '07 that should mean I am banproof

I read about this coffee shop in china, dont use the bathrooms though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #64
ghosthi32
Banned
25
Rep
2,516
Posts

 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I read about this coffee shop in china, dont use the bathrooms though
you will clog the toliets
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #65
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
116
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
finally off of my undeserved ban...i joined in '07 that should mean I am banproof

lol.
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #66
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
lopealle's Avatar
Zimbabwe
63
Rep
2,245
Posts

 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
You are absolutely, totally black for that one. No questions asked. I don't even need to hear anything else after this. Jamaica FTW.

That said, I definitely wouldn't choose all that LOL. You'd die after the ackee.



Yuuummmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
Oxtail gravy is much better than the oxtail itself.
yea it is but not eveyone can make it unfortunately
yea my mom is from trinidad and my dad is from jamaica
thr gravy is awesome when its made right. with some cabbage or salad on the side.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST