E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Love my 335i but...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
you are so spoiled, 35k is a lot of money to most people
Spoiled? How so?
To some people, $100 is a lot of money. My cousin gets thrilled every time I give him $15 to wash my car.
So how would you say spoiled?

Not saying 35k is not a lot of money, but when compared to the 65k vert I have now, or the GTR, or anything else.. it's half the money

My parents stopped paying for my car once I turned 18

The only expense covered by my parents is the occasional dinner/laundry and whatnot
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #24
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

you are spoiled in life, not spoiled by your parents...you forget i know you made your money on your own
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #25
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
you are spoiled in life, not spoiled by your parents...you forget i know you made your money on your own
35k is not a lot of money. It's above average money for a car, but not really a lot of money.
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #26
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
What do you do Persian
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
35k is not a lot of money. It's above average money for a car, but not really a lot of money.
i know that, but he made it seem like it was 500 dollars to him..."and sooo cheap"
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #28
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i know that, but he made it seem like it was 500 dollars to him..."and sooo cheap"
LOL well it's easy to see it like that when you're mentally prepared to spend 65k+
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #29
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
LOL well it's easy to see it like that when you're mentally prepared to spend 65k+
you forget i drive a 10k car, that where im from people think im rich...although 75% of the cars on the road cost more than mine...granted when im done with school and in my career 75k for a car hopefully will be my DD
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #30
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
you forget i drive a 10k car, that where im from people think im rich...although 75% of the cars on the road cost more than mine...granted when im done with school and in my career 75k for a car hopefully will be my DD
That was my way of thinking since I was 16

That's why after graduating college I went and got myself a car I love (my e93 335i)
I just wish she wasn't in the shop so much... for non-mod related problems.. mod related I understand... but yeah that's a different story


Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i know that, but he made it seem like it was 500 dollars to him..."and sooo cheap"
Sorry didn't mean it like that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
What do you do Persian
Lab Manager
Medical Biller
Daytrader
http://www.eurotekla.com/
Though I haven't updated it at alllll or even finished it lol. haven't had time... Wish I could
and no I'm promoting it... I'm not a sponsor on here
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #31
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Im not hating persian, do what you do bro

im just a little behind but ill get there
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #32
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Lab Manager
Medical Biller
Daytrader
http://www.eurotekla.com/
Though I haven't updated it at alllll or even finished it lol. haven't had time... Wish I could
and no I'm promoting it... I'm not a sponsor on here
LOL sounds similar to me

Operations Manager
AP/AR
Prospective Daytrader (would like to work with prop capital though)
Considering a side job detailing cars
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #33
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Im not hating persian, do what you do bro

im just a little behind but ill get there
If you have a plan to move forward you're never behind


Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
LOL sounds similar to me

Operations Manager
AP/AR
Prospective Daytrader (would like to work with prop capital though)
Considering a side job detailing cars
Do the side job if you enjoy it
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #34
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Spoiled? How so?
...
My parents stopped paying for my car once I turned 18
Unfortunately, mate,... that really doesn't help prove the point
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #35
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Unfortunately, mate,... that really doesn't help prove the point

persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #36
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

I daily drove a GTR for a week as a test and it was fine. It's stiffer than any stock BMW but it's not terrible. I wouldn't do it if you lived in an area with small/rough roads, though.
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #37
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I daily drove a GTR for a week as a test and it was fine. It's stiffer than any stock BMW but it's not terrible. I wouldn't do it if you lived in an area with small/rough roads, though.
We have those in LA

But my 335i is lower and on the stiffest setting, so I don't think stiffness is a problem

Went to the dealer yesterday... GTR payments are ridiculous...

Horrible interest rate even with Tier 1 credit
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #38
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

I was seeing APRs in the 3.9% range from Nissan with Tier 1 credit. I would probably lease, though. I used to live in West Hollywood, I wouldn't daily drive a GTR if I was still there. I live in Valencia now and it's not a problem, the roads are a lot nicer.

It's a shame you didn't get a chance to open up the GTR you drove, they are unbelievable from 0 to 120. Past 120 they taper off some but they're still very quick. And that's stock - if you mod it then you can really go nuts with the power.
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #39
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I was seeing APRs in the 3.9% range from Nissan with Tier 1 credit. I would probably lease, though. I used to live in West Hollywood, I wouldn't daily drive a GTR if I was still there. I live in Valencia now and it's not a problem, the roads are a lot nicer.

It's a shame you didn't get a chance to open up the GTR you drove, they are unbelievable from 0 to 120. Past 120 they taper off some but they're still very quick. And that's stock - if you mod it then you can really go nuts with the power.
3.9? Really?
The lowest they gave me was 4.99, and that's with a 10% downpayment

Lease was crazy

for the 370, they wanted 4000 OTD with 500 a month... with that downpayment I can get a E class.. or a 5 series for a little more

the GTR he said would be 5000 OTD 1000+ a month

36 month 15k miles

didn't feel the leases were worth it
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #40
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Leasing is so dumb when talking about performance cars, why the fuck would you pay 1000+ to rent a car
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #41
DBFIU
Crack Addict
 
DBFIU's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hollywood, Florida

Posts: 762
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DBFIU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Leasing is so dumb when talking about performance cars, why the fuck would you pay 1000+ to rent a car

So you can beat the shit out of it and give it back to the dealer when youre done.

It's kinda like prostitution, you wouldnt wanna marry a prostitute would you?
__________________
2009 - Titanium Silver - Steptronic - 135i - Nasty
DBFIU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #42
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
So you can beat the shit out of it and give it back to the dealer when youre done.

It's kinda like prostitution, you wouldnt wanna marry a prostitute would you?
have you ever leased a car? They go over your car when you turn it in with a fine tooth comb and charge you every penny possible, and by then you are ready to get a new one and willing to pay it just to get rid of it. Not to mention if you go over miles.

IMO people who lease high performance cars just cant afford to really buy it
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #43
DBFIU
Crack Addict
 
DBFIU's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hollywood, Florida

Posts: 762
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DBFIU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
have you ever leased a car? They go over your car when you turn it in with a fine tooth comb and charge you every penny possible, and by then you are ready to get a new one and willing to pay it just to get rid of it. Not to mention if you go over miles.

IMO people who lease high performance cars just cant afford to really buy it

I am leasing a car right now. The dealer can't tell that the car was chipped/modded. If you're smart, you can take a car and drive it how you want to for 3 years then give it back as if nothing happened.
__________________
2009 - Titanium Silver - Steptronic - 135i - Nasty
DBFIU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #44
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
I am leasing a car right now. The dealer can't tell that the car was chipped/modded. If you're smart, you can take a car and drive it how you want to for 3 years then give it back as if nothing happened.
haha good luck, im am talking about wheel chips, front bumper rash, wear and tear on the inside...they look for anything they can to charge you for

hold on ill find you a thread to read to show an example

cant find the thread and im to lazy to do a major search, but dude is paying 2k(minor BS damage the dealer found) on top of the 4k in over mileage + the initial 5k he dropped to lease it im sure...thats a lot of money for a car you never owned
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST