E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Getting my 09 335xi

07-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
BMWCalgary
Registered

Drives: 2009 335xi

Getting my 09 335xi

I am going to try BMW as many people seem to think they are good drivers.

History is I have had 3 Infiniti G35's; 03, 05x, 07x all loaded and loved them all with zero in repairs spent on all 3. I sold each one at about 60,000km or 40,000 miles in warranty.

I just purchased a 2009 335xi with Nav package, Exec package, Audiophile package?, metallic paint, 6 speed auto with paddles and a BMW 17" winter tire and wheel package. It has 14,000km or 8,000 miles. Black with saddle brown.

I really don't know much about them but where I live you need an AWD for sure.

I will say I have never been more happy with a car in my life as my last 3 Infinitis, red, black then white. I just thought time for a change?

The things I am concerned about this car is the size is smaller than the G35's, and all I keep hearing is sell it before the warranty is up?? I have never heard that about Infiniti and I am curious how BMW's that are so expensive and called the Ultimate driving machine so unreliable and expensive to repair?

I have almost 3 years left on the warranty but my Infinitis can go for 200,000 miles I believe with nothing other than brakes. I will say this thou if this thing has problems even under warranty I will sell it to one of you cheap, because I appreciate it gets repaired, but I don't have the patience to be taken it in for repairs all the time.

Any comments are appreciated.

Wish me luck
      07-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
ZStig
Major General

Drives: VT2-500 M Roadster

if you're that concerned about maintenance, you should have done your research before buying a BMW
      07-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
BMWCalgary
Registered

Drives: 2009 335xi

I did the research and know they have issues but with the warranty it is not such a big deal.
If you are saying I should have done my research I guess you are saying they do have lots of issues?
My questions is why are they so expensive if they are so unreliable and expensive to fix.
Like I said I wanted something different and if it does not work out no problem back to Infiniti, or Audi or Lexus.
      07-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Freakazoid
Captain

Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCalgary View Post
I did the research and know they have issues but with the warranty it is not such a big deal.
If you are saying I should have done my research I guess you are saying they do have lots of issues?
My questions is why are they so expensive if they are so unreliable and expensive to fix.
Like I said I wanted something different and if it does not work out no problem back to Infiniti, or Audi or Lexus.
BMWs generally don't break alot... it's just expensive, scheduled maintenance, etc to keep up on things.

If you're good with that, you're set.
      08-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #5
fwmcb
Major

Drives: 2013 X3 28i

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
Infiniti and Lexus aren't exactly cheap to maintain post warranty either. But the BMW is way more fun to drive long term. Also, all AWD cars require more maintenance. And all high performance cars will be more expensive to maintain, more oil, bigger breaks, etc.
fwmcb is offline   Canada