Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Follow-Up on Warranty + Suspension Mods

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-26-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 330i

Follow-Up on Warranty + Suspension Mods

Hi Everyone! I am a forum noob and...

was wondering if anyone ever talked to BMWusa or BMW about whether or not a suspension mod would void the manufacturer's warranty?

I understand from past experiences that certain dealerships have their own preference in whether or not to void a warranty due to a suspension modification. Has anyone done further research into this?

I did a search on the forum and couldn't really find anything too final. To drop or not drop the ride is my question.

Thanks for your help! I am loving this forum!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2005, 08:03 AM   #2
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe Alpine White

I work for a dealership, and it is NEVER our decision on warranty claims. The BMW rep always has final decision. I can tell you that I have never seen them not pay a warranty claim unless the mod had a DIRECT effect on the problem. The only time I saw a suspension mod void a warranty was a lowered 330xi one time that had damaged the drive shaft U-joints. That was a problem caused by improper lowering.
If you drop you car and have some other issue, they really don't even look at it. If you have a dealer that gives you a hard time, and you don't feel you are being treated fair, you always have the right to speak to the service rep. from BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 01:40 AM   #3
chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 330i

good news and thanks for your reply! i appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
c1pinang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Garage List
2005 Audi S4  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
I asked my salesman at Turnersville BMW in South NJ,

" Hey Ed, anything that was caused by the modification done to the vehicle will not be covered under warranty. That means to lower the car your more than welcome, but if it makes problems your warranty will not pick it up.....

Thanks
Ryan Dorsey"

But of course, if anything ever goes wrong with your suspension, they can always say that it was caused by lowering your car. But, you can always replace the lowered springs with your stock spring before going to the dealer if anything ever goes wrong with the suspension right?

Hey guys, is going with the Eibach pro set kit 1.0/1.2 from tirerack.com a safe bet for a E90 with non sport package suspension?
Appreciate 0