E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Who is the douche in this situation?

07-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #23
derekL
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMDUBS

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 128i  [6.96]
THEY just need to grow up and learn to appreciate things

|Shadowline Grills|Hotchkis Front Sway Bar|DIY CF Black Fabric Trim|Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler|Black O.Z Ultraleggeras|BMW Performance Exhaust|M-Sport Bumpers w/ Fogs|Shadowline Diffuser|CSR Eyelids|BMW Performance Shifter/Boot and Handbrake|AFE stage 2 intake|Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit|///M mirrors|Blackline LCI|
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #24
james426
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan

With people like that the thing is even though you confront them they'll think YOU are the whiney b*tch (which is ridiculous). But you are definately in the right. Let me finish my mini rant off by saying if there is one thing non mooches hate, it is mooches.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #25
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Fuck them dude, don't let yourself get walked on.

Don't give them rides anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:13 AM   #26
MDLFCS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Zee Four 35i

It would be easier if the OP could just pick up and leave, not having to deal with them.

I don't know if further discussions help. But it is worth a try, now that he had to live with them for another few months.

Now, how do you deal with those douchebags in the meantime if talking won't work out?

I am wondering how it goes...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #27
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
You're totally in the right man... leave when you want to leave and whoever is ready may come...
Your car, your rules... I've thrown out people in the middle of the highway for complaining about my car/way I drive.. I told them "don't like it? walk home..."
let me tell you, they ran after me like a scared little child and kept their mouth shut.. sure they felt awkward, I didn't.. I established my dominance.. you should too.. it is your way, or the highway (quite litterarly in this example lol)

it is a privilege, not a right..

Next time the guy who mocked you asks for a ride be all like "nah man, you can mock me on the bus..."
a few days and they will apologize.. no one likes to go back to the bus life after the car life
      07-26-2010, 03:52 AM   #28
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
It sounds like they settled into a routine of taking you for granted (waking up later and later since they don't have to take the bus anymore), which quickly morphed into taking advantage of your kindness (bumming rides from you but making fun of you behind your back). You have no reason to think you're wrong just because they can't leech off you at their leisure anymore. Just because you live together doesn't mean you automatically share everything. I'm sure you have house rules; you should make car rules as well. If you talk about it, that should clear some of the awkward-ness from the air.
+1 with the rules. this is what i do to my younger brother and his friends. i would frankly tell them that i don't mind doing them favors and having them around the house but they do need to make sure they clean up after themselves and do their parts or they would loose privileges and i would have to make more rules for them if they don't set their own boundaries. i do it to friends my age too. they respect me even more and i give them the same respect. (and of course i also follow the rules that i make.)
      07-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #29
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Thanks a lot for all the advices guys, really appreciate it. I clearly need to mark my car as my own property and not theirs.

Small ***UPDATE***:
The guy who mocked me came back from his gf's place. He seems okay with the whole thing now. He still didn't apologize. Last night I told him I couldn't gave them a ride this morning and he replied with a "WHY?" like if I was his gf and told him I didn't want to sleep with him. I was like... ok buddy.

Good to know you guys think the same way as me. And some of you have a lot of balls for what you did (Example: Dropping the complaining person on the highway ahahhaha lol epic )
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #30
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

leave them one day and tell them that you have an important test that day and can't be late. do that a few times in a row and see what they say. lol

friend or not, if they treat you like that then they are not worthy of friend.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #31
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Thanks a lot for all the advices guys, really appreciate it. I clearly need to mark my car as my own property and not theirs.

Small ***UPDATE***:
The guy who mocked me came back from his gf's place. He seems okay with the whole thing now. He still didn't apologize. Last night I told him I couldn't gave them a ride this morning and he replied with a "WHY?" like if I was his gf and told him I didn't want to sleep with him. I was like... ok buddy.

Good to know you guys think the same way as me. And some of you have a lot of balls for what you did (Example: Dropping the complaining person on the highway ahahhaha lol epic )
that's a good first step
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #32
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 E36 325is; 2007 E92 335i

Yeah, those guys are the d-bags. I remember one night we were going somewhere and I asked my friend if he could drive-I usually drive. He said "No, I don't want my car messed with-can you drive?" He's NEVER driven anywhere and I've never asked for him to except in this one case. I blew up and said "So you want MY car to be messed with?"

The thing is, we were going to park in a safe parking garage and me asking him to drive was not to protect my car. I was super pissed that he'd rather have my car messed with if it came down to it!

You really see who your friends are when it comes down to returning a favor. I don't do favors for favors, but it's interesting to see who steps up. My one friend ALWAYS offers to drive/switch who is driving that time.

The guy that mocked you? Zero respect for you. F him. He was "okay" with everything because he needed to be chauffered around!

2007 Jet Black 335i Coupe: Saddle Brown interior | ZSP | ZCP | ZPP | iPod integration.
1994 Hellrot 325is: Sport Package | PSS9 Coilover | AutoThority chip | AutoThority CF Intake | UUC pullies | Dinan HiFlo Throttle Body | UUC StrutBarbarian | UUC Evo II SSK | BMW Motorsports X Brace | Rogue Engineering DMS exhaust | Kumho Ecsta V700 R Comps |
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #33
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
You're right, plain and simple.

They should be offering you gas money in the least. Thank you's are becoming fewer and fewer these days. And it's such a simple phrase and it goes a long way.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #34
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
They sound like bitchy women.

Couldn't have put it better

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0