E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > First Time AutoX Keeping Up with GTRs

06-21-2015, 03:31 AM   #1
e92_boost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n54 335i

Well as title says today was my first debut im autox and running my "stock" 335i because i didnt flash it yet with mhd tune and my throttle response S U C K E D cause we never got out of second gear got a 6 runs in and all my friends and my friends friends that have been doing this were surprised at me hitting no cones doing perfect lines. GTR were trapping 59-61seconds myself 62-66sec.

Side note the PSS were amazing on my staggered set up on 19 with -1 camber front and -2 camber rear and the tire psi 31 all around stock sport suspension. Also my friends Mustang GT couldnt run after the first run because they have N E V E R heard a mustang that loud its FBO BBK or whatever they call them pretty quick its the black one in the pic.

Now ill be in the market for some 18s Square Set Apex ARC-8 or any Apex or the 219M
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Couple things, guarantee you weren't doing perfect lines. I don't know what the statement indicated but keep that in mind.

You'll never get out of 2nd gear. It's rare that you'll get into 3rd...although it does happen on the national scene. I typically get to 67 for a quick second at some courses as that's the top of my 2nd gear. Cars that are geared lower (ie NC Miata) will jump into 3rd.

Comparing yourself against a car isn't always the best idea. What were your results on PAX?

PS - Your friends Mustang is classed completely wrong. STF is Street Touring FWD. Currently there is no classing for a 5.0 in ST trim so it'd be in ESP most likely depending on mods

Appreciate 1
      06-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
e92_boost
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31
Couple things, guarantee you weren't doing perfect lines. I don't know what the statement indicated but keep that in mind.

You'll never get out of 2nd gear. It's rare that you'll get into 3rd...although it does happen on the national scene. I typically get to 67 for a quick second at some courses as that's the top of my 2nd gear. Cars that are geared lower (ie NC Miata) will jump into 3rd.

Comparing yourself against a car isn't always the best idea. What were your results on PAX?

PS - Your friends Mustang is classed completely wrong. STF is Street Touring FWD. Currently there is no classing for a 5.0 in ST trim so it'd be in ESP most likely depending on mods
Yes they did class his mustang wrong

I had great lines according to a professional

I also stayed in second gear as well

I was comparing myself because he had more experience and i was keeping up
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #4
Cloud9blue
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Sounded like fun. But if you get a chance, take the car to a real track as well, you learn faster and get way more seat time in a day.
      06-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #5
e92_boost
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue
Sounded like fun. But if you get a chance, take the car to a real track as well, you learn faster and get way more seat time in a day.
Yes we are thinking Road America and Blackhawk soon with my friends.
Appreciate 0