E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > We had the TTRS re-mapped last week and...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #89
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Yes ask HotCoupe.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #90
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Wouldnt say its huge. it would hardly be slow.. some people never have enough
You'd have to drive a unmapped and remapped 335 especially motorway acceleration to really see the diff it makes. Okay not literally huge, but noticeable enough.

But you are right - it's a sickness i have. I know i should really be buying something far more sensible!
misterS3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #91
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
But the car still steers badly, still has snatchy brakes and is still sold by the worst dealers this side of Vauxhall.
FWD? Seriously the quattros don't, slight understeer at lower speeds but nothing your average driver would notice (not saying I'm a know it all btw, just maybe bit more mechanical empathy like us petrol heads on here). No snatchy for me either lol. R8 brakes are keen though but good job they are in the V10 model!

You know Matt, I always thought and had heard that about Audi dealers but so far and touch wood I've no complaints whatsoever tbh. Seems to be luck of the draw and how you approach things?.........firm but fair.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #92
MB London
Come as you are
 
MB London's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 520d M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (0)

One of my guys (employees) constantly raves on about how good Audi dealers are, that was until the very garage he bought the car from (South Quay Ė Docklands) clamped him when he left his car on their forecourt for 30 minutes while he went to the bank. I didnít laugh to much
MB London is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #93
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Andrew, can I ask you your honest thoughts about the TTRS as in an everyday car, in non re-mapped guise lol.

Reason being I'm at the point of changing the S5 maybe not because I want to and had even thought of getting another one! But it's three years old and don't want to be at stage of too much dosh to change, paying for warranties etc.

Now I know RS5 is on it's way but I may or may not wait until that's been out a while and see how things go, so I'm juggling around with ideas at the mo. Any pointers would be good, ta.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #94
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
One of my guys (employees) constantly raves on about how good Audi dealers are, that was until the very garage he bought the car from (South Quay Ė Docklands) clamped him when he left his car on their forecourt for 30 minutes while he went to the bank. I didnít laugh to much
More to that than meets the eye but then London who friggin knows.

Scary reading this forum though about some of the things that go on re the cars and some dealers, even if half true.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #95
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,911
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Andrew, can I ask you your honest thoughts about the TTRS as in an everyday car, in non re-mapped guise lol.

Reason being I'm at the point of changing the S5 maybe not because I want to and had even thought of getting another one! But it's three years old and don't want to be at stage of too much dosh to change, paying for warranties etc.

Now I know RS5 is on it's way but I may or may not wait until that's been out a while and see how things go, so I'm juggling around with ideas at the mo. Any pointers would be good, ta.
Tried the M3 DCT yet Helen?
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #96
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
No
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #97
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
No
Get a Fast Datsun and be happy.

Or maybe a Cayman?
misterS3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #98
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Had a go in the Cayman S last week but need to explore everything. Projected residuals being given on Caymans is very odd, forget what you see now, I'm talking two/three years hence and they're low! don't get it tbh. So finding out about the TTRS and their residuals 'cos I'm not sure whether TTRS is affecting things re. the Cayman S and they're discounting them and I mean DISCOUNTING not a Porsche thing at ALL. VW are setting targets!

Big discounts always means knock on effect with second hand values as we all know.

Percentage wise based on my research and talking to dealers, the TTRS is going to hold it's value much better..........go figure 'cos I'm confused!
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #99
MB London
Come as you are
 
MB London's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 520d M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (0)

Wht about a Fiat 500 Arbath
MB London is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #100
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Least it won't have coil and injector probs I suppose.............you asked for that.

Would you fit in one.

Edit: and if you haven't got a sense of humour then knickers ok.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #101
335diesel
Brigadier General
 
335diesel's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Touring
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cornwall

Posts: 4,009
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
FWD? Seriously the quattros don't, slight understeer at lower speeds but nothing your average driver would notice (not saying I'm a know it all btw, just maybe bit more mechanical empathy like us petrol heads on here). No snatchy for me either lol. R8 brakes are keen though but good job they are in the V10 model!

You know Matt, I always thought and had heard that about Audi dealers but so far and touch wood I've no complaints whatsoever tbh. Seems to be luck of the draw and how you approach things?.........firm but fair.
Nope - this was the 3.0TDI model so AWD. They just feel too vague IMO. You can have fun in a 3er - the A4 doesn't really let you enjoy the car. Sure it's quick but it just feels heavy, understeery and unwilling to let you go for it. Even a Mondeo does the job of a "drivers" car better IMO.

My first choice was an A4 3.0TDI (well it was to the wife anyway...!) so phoned several dealers and all really got on my wick. The BMW dealers I called (all over the UK) were about 384838438 times better. In fact one was SO good, I felt (almost) terrible that I didn't buy a car off her!
__________________


E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon

Last edited by 335diesel; 07-30-2010 at 01:00 PM.
335diesel is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #102
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yep, all different experiences like I said and I've phoned all over the UK too hmm strange but true IMO.

Stick with the S5 then lol. Nah I wouldn't get an A4 or E90 tbh. I'm far to disillusioned with what is happening at the moment to some German marques.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #103
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Had a go in the Cayman S last week but need to explore everything. Projected residuals being given on Caymans is very odd, forget what you see now, I'm talking two/three years hence and they're low! don't get it tbh. So finding out about the TTRS and their residuals 'cos I'm not sure whether TTRS is affecting things re. the Cayman S and they're discounting them and I mean DISCOUNTING not a Porsche thing at ALL. VW are setting targets!

Big discounts always means knock on effect with second hand values as we all know.

Percentage wise based on my research and talking to dealers, the TTRS is going to hold it's value much better..........go figure 'cos I'm confused!
The TTRS residuals are poor compared to the rest of the TT range... if you have a look on the TT foum. I thought it would have done well but doesnt seem so.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #104
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Now read what I posted wtf is going on with projected Cayman S residuals in comparison because I know what I've been quoted face to face.

I'm doing some more research tomorrow and hopefully will get some answers or pointers because it's strange putting it mildly!
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #105
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Now read what I posted wtf is going on with projected Cayman S residuals in comparison because I know what I've been quoted face to face.

I'm doing some more research tomorrow and hopefully will get some answers or pointers because it's strange putting it mildly!
I didnt mention the cayman dont know much about how they are doing price wise. But as i said if you look on the TT forum seems that the TTS is the best of the bunch residual wise.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #106
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yes I knew that lol.........what I mean is I'm going to find out how the residuals of the TTRS fair against the Cayman S in as far as projected values on a PCP. Because at the moment it does appear that the TTRS is fairing better than the Cayman S that has always traditionally retained strong residuals, hence my confusion and CONCERN that VW pushing for volume sales/targets along with big discounts are and will affect the Porsche brand either on the whole or in part.........last week was an eye opener visiting the dealers put it that way!!

Are you really surprised the TTS is doing better when you look at it? TTS is available to a wider audience and the TTRS more of a niche market or top of the tree of the TT range?

See what tomorrow brings...........wasn't there a song along those lines.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #107
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Get another Porky T.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #108
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,365
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Get a GTR, TTRS or e92 M3....would love to read your review on those Helen ;-)

But out of the 3, I think you'll enjoy the TTRS more....Sounds like I know you very well Helen ....;-) from a motoring perspective of course....nothing sexual here....LOL
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #109
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Get another Porky T.
Carl.........I wish eh!! House first as no doubt you're finding out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Get a GTR, TTRS or e92 M3....would love to read your review on those Helen ;-)

But out of the 3, I think you'll enjoy the TTRS more....Sounds like I know you very well Helen ....;-) from a motoring perspective of course....nothing sexual here....LOL
Kevin you nutter lol!!

Got a test drive lined up tomorrow in a TTRS but it's brand spanking new so I 'aint going to rag it no way, somebody will end up buying that car and it's not right. But next weekend probably got the chance of having one on my own for the day.

The GTR is growing on me but financially I need to be sensible and supercars cost money to run.......as fantastic as they are.

May sort out a test drive in a DCT M3.

Soz Andrew but your comments would be appreciated re. post #93
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #110
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Helen, do the honoury thing and facking thrash. If not change the date to next week.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST