E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #683
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (3)

I just don't like how they give us non m brakes. It's a sportscar so dnt we need sports brakes? My old 335i has same brakes but on this car the front brakes are alil bigger than my old 335i
EnjoixE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2011, 12:37 AM   #684
ysh.90
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: MMM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PDX

Posts: 211
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
I just don't like how they give us non m brakes. It's a sportscar so dnt we need sports brakes? My old 335i has same brakes but on this car the front brakes are alil bigger than my old 335i
Its true. Brakes are my only one complain about 335is.
According to BMW, they developed this IS version for the people who daily drive and bring them to track on weekend.

If they are going to add some track performance, should have done some brakes upgrades.

To be honest, M-brake is too much. But come on this car is full of performance parts. Give me some fancy performance brake or at least colored CALIPER.
ysh.90 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #685
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (3)

lols.
EnjoixE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #686
FoShizzle
aka Mike
 
FoShizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (11)

Got the car tinted before Bimmerfest last week.
Tint is 15% Llumar ceramic - well worth the upgrade over the regular dyed tint. It looks darker than it actually is. Perfect IMO.
Name:  Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 4.40.28 PM.png
Views: 1583
Size:  271.7 KB
FoShizzle is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #687
Mr_PharmD
Major
 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fresno

Posts: 1,031
iTrader: (19)

are the shadowline glossy black or matte black for the 335is?
Mr_PharmD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #688
KevinJ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2k11 335is
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

To me its matte black

It however is black chrome, same as grill and exhaust tips. So it has a very light sheen to it but not painted glossy black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PharmD View Post
are the shadowline glossy black or matte black for the 335is?
KevinJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #689
TurboSid
Colonel
 
TurboSid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 335is Coupe DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,178
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
I actually don't like it. I prefer the brushed aluminum look of my 08. Even would prefer matte black i think
__________________


2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT [CURRENT]
2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD]
2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
TurboSid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #690
Edward
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (0)

I'm seeing a lot of 335is' in west hollywood/west LA these days. I even saw three the other day and I see them in just about every color except red or ti silver.
Edward is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #691
FoShizzle
aka Mike
 
FoShizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
It however is black chrome, same as grill and exhaust tips. So it has a very light sheen to it but not painted glossy black.
I'm nearly positive the door trim is painted and not black chrome. I got a couple rock chips in mine and the coating is noticeable.
FoShizzle is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #692
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (3)

FoShizzle! got my JB4, ready to hook it up lols. are you still able to do the launch control in and car and the sports buttin is basically useless or is it for Throttle control now?
EnjoixE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #693
FoShizzle
aka Mike
 
FoShizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
FoShizzle! got my JB4, ready to hook it up lols. are you still able to do the launch control in and car and the sports buttin is basically useless or is it for Throttle control now?
Congrats! Get it in, set it to map 5 (autotune) and go for it. Sport button is the same - more agressive shifts. Launch control is [still] pointless with the oem runflats - spinning thru first and most of second. You'll get better traction with your nittos, but you're still better off just starting in first as usual - maybe even second. With the jb4 laptop software you can program reduced boost in 1st and/or 2nd gear. I'd suggest emailing Terry or posting on n54tech to get input on optimum settings though. It's something I've been meaning to do, but I haven't gotten arround to testing it out.

At this point you may want to consider an intake. A $99 dual cone will be just fine. The difference is noticeable and deffenitely helps the car breathe better at the higher boost levels.
FoShizzle is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2011, 03:20 AM   #694
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
Congrats! Get it in, set it to map 5 (autotune) and go for it. Sport button is the same - more agressive shifts. Launch control is [still] pointless with the oem runflats - spinning thru first and most of second. You'll get better traction with your nittos, but you're still better off just starting in first as usual - maybe even second. With the jb4 laptop software you can program reduced boost in 1st and/or 2nd gear. I'd suggest emailing Terry or posting on n54tech to get input on optimum settings though. It's something I've been meaning to do, but I haven't gotten arround to testing it out.

At this point you may want to consider an intake. A $99 dual cone will be just fine. The difference is noticeable and deffenitely helps the car breathe better at the higher boost levels.
I was gonna go with K&N filters for the main airbox but Do I need to get the dual cone thing? I notice their just pointing at each other and it looks pointless lols. but if it makes a diffrence than ill go for it. I already got some RR catless downpipes that need to get installed. But right now im waiting on my bud to install cuz Im lost with the steering wheel thing even tho I looked at the chart on n54tech, im still confused about it
EnjoixE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #695
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
Got the car tinted before Bimmerfest last week.
Tint is 15% Llumar ceramic - well worth the upgrade over the regular dyed tint. It looks darker than it actually is. Perfect IMO.
Attachment 527201


Btw tint looks good
EnjoixE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #696
David9962000
Lieutenant
 
David9962000's Avatar
 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 548
iTrader: (1)

I just replaced my 09 335 Cab for an is Sorry for the cell phone pic.

Last edited by David9962000; 07-04-2011 at 12:01 PM.
David9962000 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #697
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (3)

Its gorgous!<3 Everybody's 335is in this thread has gave me a BONER!
EnjoixE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #698
Beem_mup
Old-ish Member
 
Beem_mup's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alberta

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Break in Period is breaking me! I am itchin' to put the pedal down! Here are two pics. Have a higher end tint on. It is light and subtle, but works well with the LeMans Blue and pulls the satin finish out of the wheels.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Nicht In Den Wagen Spucken!
Beem_mup is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #699
KevinJ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2k11 335is
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

Maybe some sort of metalic finish?

It doesn't appear black paint to me but a surface coat on the normal chrome to black it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
I'm nearly positive the door trim is painted and not black chrome. I got a couple rock chips in mine and the coating is noticeable.
KevinJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #700
Edward
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (0)

whatever the window trim is coated with, it's nearly as glossy as jet black paint. It pretty much matches the gloss black side mirrors.
Edward is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #701
HaZe_X
Second Lieutenant
 
HaZe_X's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 252
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beem_mup View Post
Break in Period is breaking me! I am itchin' to put the pedal down! Here are two pics. Have a higher end tint on. It is light and subtle, but works well with the LeMans Blue and pulls the satin finish out of the wheels.
Wow car looks awesome, loving that color more and more! I ordered my 335is in the same color! The boat is supposed to dock 5/25...So I cant wait to become an official 335is owner and post some pictures!
__________________
2011 335is Le Mans Blue l Black Interior l Convenience Package l iDrive l Heated Seats l Manual Trans l PROcede V5 l BMS DCI l ETS ChargePipe l Synapse BOV l
Order Date: 4/12/11
Delivery: 5/30/11
HaZe_X is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #702
SilverII
Colonel
 
Drives: '11 335IS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,335
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [4.83]
my exhausts pipes' black paint is starting to peel. Will see if they will do something about it when i go in for service. Not really an issue as it can get it's black from the soot.
SilverII is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #703
FoShizzle
aka Mike
 
FoShizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (11)

Congrats to all the new and soon-to-be owners. You will be blown away.
FoShizzle is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #704
smaxon1
Private First Class
 
smaxon1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverII View Post
my exhausts pipes' black paint is starting to peel. Will see if they will do something about it when i go in for service. Not really an issue as it can get it's black from the soot.
I've noticed the same thing on mine. Only on the right side so far. Let us know what the dealer says.
__________________
smaxon1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST