E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #705
Edward
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaxon1 View Post
I've noticed the same thing on mine. Only on the right side so far. Let us know what the dealer says.
whaaaat? lame! can either of you post pictures? I am having no problems on mine so far as far as I can tell.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #706
TurboSid
Colonel
TurboSid's Avatar
33
Rep
2,241
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 MW/SO DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
yea that sucks if that's gonna happen to all of our tips.
__________________


2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT [CURRENT]
2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD]
2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #707
FoShizzle
aka Mike
FoShizzle's Avatar
No_Country
30
Rep
1,317
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

iTrader: (11)

I had an injector and a spark plug replaced last week. Car would shudder at idle (~600rpm). All good now.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #708
bimmerwar51
Lieutenant
bimmerwar51's Avatar
7
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i sold, e92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal 562

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
I had an injector and a spark plug replaced last week. Car would shudder at idle (~600rpm). All good now.
Really?.. at bimmerfest while i was waiting in line to enter i did kind of feel the car shuddering around that rpm also... but i havent had a light pop up, did you just take it in and have them replace the spark plug?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #709
Tag
Colonel
Tag's Avatar
United_States
111
Rep
2,626
Posts

 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO

iTrader: (2)

I didn't know this thread existed or I would have posted this in here...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534233
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #710
FoShizzle
aka Mike
FoShizzle's Avatar
No_Country
30
Rep
1,317
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwar51 View Post
Really?.. at bimmerfest while i was waiting in line to enter i did kind of feel the car shuddering around that rpm also... but i havent had a light pop up, did you just take it in and have them replace the spark plug?
I got a half engine light a couple weeks ago, but I checked the code and it was unrelated. In my experience (with my last 335 also) the rough idle won't throw a code unless the fuel system is VERY seriously malfunctioning.

When I first took in the car they "couldn't reproduce the rough idle." I went and had a tech sit in the car with me for a few minutes and that's when he understood what I meant. It would shudder every 5 seconds once the rpm's dropped to 500-600. He mentioned that they have a "smooth running test" that they can do to find out exactly which cylinder is having trouble. I guess that how they figured it out.
It's considered "common" with the N54 engines, but a near 60k car shouldn't do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #711
o98eclipse
Lieutenant
10
Rep
403
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
I didn't know this thread existed or I would have posted this in here...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534233
nice!
__________________
2013 E93 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #712
bimmerwar51
Lieutenant
bimmerwar51's Avatar
7
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i sold, e92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal 562

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
I got a half engine light a couple weeks ago, but I checked the code and it was unrelated. In my experience (with my last 335 also) the rough idle won't throw a code unless the fuel system is VERY seriously malfunctioning.

When I first took in the car they "couldn't reproduce the rough idle." I went and had a tech sit in the car with me for a few minutes and that's when he understood what I meant. It would shudder every 5 seconds once the rpm's dropped to 500-600. He mentioned that they have a "smooth running test" that they can do to find out exactly which cylinder is having trouble. I guess that how they figured it out.
It's considered "common" with the N54 engines, but a near 60k car shouldn't do that.
i see, thanks for the info my car hasnt done it since bimmerfest so hopefully i dont get the light
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #713
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
United_States
25
Rep
1,681
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

iTrader: (3)

So JB4 is running great in my car, big diffrence (:
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #714
danny156b
Private
United_States
0
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: IS350
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Centreville, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
So JB4 is running great in my car, big diffrence (:
I'm thinking about getting a JB4 after I get my IC installed. Btw I got my tips installed and they look great. Cut exactly where the tip ends and installed perfectly so no sticking out like a penis lol
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #715
o98eclipse
Lieutenant
10
Rep
403
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny156b View Post
I'm thinking about getting a JB4 after I get my IC installed. Btw I got my tips installed and they look great. Cut exactly where the tip ends and installed perfectly so no sticking out like a penis lol
Let's see some pics!
__________________
2013 E93 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #716
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
United_States
25
Rep
1,681
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

iTrader: (3)

haha I told cha it would be perfect to cut right near the end. its almost flushed with the bumper but do you notice that it looks tiny now on the car rather than in your hands? haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #717
danny156b
Private
United_States
0
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: IS350
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Centreville, VA

iTrader: (1)

I'll try to take some pics after I clean my car. Yeah it does look a bit smaller but I still love it. Its definitely a big improvement from those tiny oem tips.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #718
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
United_States
25
Rep
1,681
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

iTrader: (3)

yup(: what color you got? I got 4" black chrome
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #719
Beem_mup
Old-ish Member
Beem_mup's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
Wow car looks awesome, loving that color more and more! I ordered my 335is in the same color! The boat is supposed to dock 5/25...So I cant wait to become an official 335is owner and post some pictures!
One more sleep and she'll be on the Jersey Shores! I know how excited you must be.

Now a note to our N54 seasoned friends. Hey you guys - Not in front of the kids! You are scaring us with all this talk about throwin' codes, rough idlin' and HPFP issues!!! Our delicate ears canna' handle it!

Seriously though, it is good to hear all the bad stuff going on which is one of the reasons we are on this forum.
__________________
Nicht In Den Wagen Spucken!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #720
danny156b
Private
United_States
0
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: IS350
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Centreville, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
yup(: what color you got? I got 4" black chrome
Same ones. I think they look the best. I thought it would look weird if my whole car is black except for the tips.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #721
smaxon1
Private First Class
smaxon1's Avatar
1
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
whaaaat? lame! can either of you post pictures? I am having no problems on mine so far as far as I can tell.
I'll try to post a couple of pics this weekend.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #722
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
United_States
25
Rep
1,681
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

iTrader: (3)

No problems here. 10,900 miles, again I run my car hard(: now running hard with JB4 switching from map 2 to 5 and map. for some reason im boosting 14.5-15 PSI is this normal foshizzle? all I got is 93 octane in the car and nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #723
FoShizzle
aka Mike
FoShizzle's Avatar
No_Country
30
Rep
1,317
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA/Ventura, CA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
now running hard with JB4 switching from map 2 to 5 and map. for some reason im boosting 14.5-15 PSI is this normal foshizzle? all I got is 93 octane in the car and nothing else.
That sounds about rite.
Map 2 should max at 14.5 and map 5 will vary between 11-16 max depending on mods. Eventhough 14psi is around the same max as overboost, it's still more powerful (as you can tell) because the jb4 advances timing and adjusts fueling accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #724
Edward
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
No problems here. 10,900 miles, again I run my car hard(: now running hard with JB4 switching from map 2 to 5 and map. for some reason im boosting 14.5-15 PSI is this normal foshizzle? all I got is 93 octane in the car and nothing else.
word. 12500 miles here and I drive my car hard as hell. I love this car so much. I look forward to my ten mile drive home every single day. This morning I was in 5th at 45 mph cruising and had to downshift to 2nd to get over and I got so happy after hearing the downshift blip and pop of the exhaust before I lurched forward to win.

I'm kinda tired of seeing all the whiny threads in the general topic section. Such a drag.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #725
EnjoixE92
I'll have the tuna, no crust.
United_States
25
Rep
1,681
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 2

iTrader: (3)

dude i feel the same. try downshifting to jb4 and overtake? boner!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #726
Edward
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

poppin boners in traffic hahaha.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST