E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #2157
Amgeater2
Private First Class
1
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hallandale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear1 View Post
My 2013 E93 335is arrived this past week! What a car! Happy to bring the "Sexy Beast" into this exclusive club!

Here are a few phone pics from when I picked her up at the dealership this past Wednesday.

As I've noted elsewhere (LMB Club and general E9x Forum), topless pics to come. However, as my g/f likes to remind me, the proper composition and setting is required to go topless!
Holly shit ur car is the twin brother of my car same color combo, but I think yours doesn't have the I drive and the 19inch wheels, welcome to the club !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #2158
noobmw
Private
0
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.25]
2009 335i  [4.50]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...hmentid=891472
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #2159
///ADMAN
Lieutenant
///ADMAN's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sin City

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear1 View Post
My 2013 E93 335is arrived this past week! What a car! Happy to bring the "Sexy Beast" into this exclusive club!
Congrats. You'll also love driving around with the windows down without the stupid b-pillar.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #2160
tmdals0213
Major
tmdals0213's Avatar
Switzerland
18
Rep
1,115
Posts

 
Drives: 3 Series Row Boat
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: amazon.com/prime

iTrader: (1)

I'm at 1045 mi. getting about 17.6 MPG (driving slow as a turrrrrrtle) and just got my tints today

Llumar CTX ceramic 30 (32%) all sides except the front. I was thinking about getting the air 80 for the front, but it was beyond the budget i was shooting for.

Overall very pleased with it, but because I have a black interior, I just looks SUPER dark at night and with this performance exhaust, it doesn't help with being discreet with the friendly sheriff's. I went ahead and turned on my interior lights and right when I turned them on, two patrol cars came from the opposite direction..

If you have the moolah, the clams, the bah bling... seriously consider the huper optiks... they look and work phenomenally.

OH i also got my tints in pasadena at G5 Tint. Yelp it and you'll talk to Ben. He is seriously the best, been in the business for more than 15 years (20 years or so?) and is very professional, I saw him working on a ferarri 458. The rarri got the llumar 15% and decided to go with 32% instead. If you want your tints done right, with peace of mind that someone will take excellent care of your baby, this is the place to check out

G5 tint
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas

Last edited by tmdals0213; 02-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #2161
bimmerwar51
Lieutenant
bimmerwar51's Avatar
7
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i sold, e92 335is
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal 562

iTrader: (6)

Anyone gone Quad exhaust here? Been thinking about it for a while, but i keep hearing bad feedback about DD. Anyone have a quad set up? post pics!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #2162
335iArchitect
Private
United_States
2
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is.TiAg, 6mt, Coral.
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

2011 335is

I just came across this thread...congrats to all the owners!

I've had an '11 for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I'm coming from a 2007 335i e92....unfortuantely a piston dropped, blew the motor, and caught the engine bay on fire in May. It had 106,000 miles. Thank God for car insurance!

I've managed to put some work into the 335is so far, but I 've havent touched the engine yet. After the ordeal with the '07, I'm honestly a little hesitant!

Sorry for the iPhone pics. I'm really not into the whole photography scene.

2011 335is, Tiag, Coral Red, 6mt

Medium tinted tails
35% tint all around, windshield included
Gloss black grills
4" Cyba carbon fiber tips
CPS carbon fiber lip
Sonic Tuning coilovers
OEM m359 wheels, et31 front and et25 rear, custom powdercoated dark gunmetal with 40% gloss (semi-gloss)
Eagle f1 Assymetirc tires, 235/35r and 265/30r
Rear fender roll
Painted side markers
Removed front license plate holder
Attached Images
          
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #2163
tmdals0213
Major
tmdals0213's Avatar
Switzerland
18
Rep
1,115
Posts

 
Drives: 3 Series Row Boat
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: amazon.com/prime

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iArchitect View Post
beautiful ride

looks really nice with the lip, drop, and wheels.

what are the 4' CF tips? for the exhaust?

wish my car had the shadowline trim
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #2164
335iArchitect
Private
United_States
2
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is.TiAg, 6mt, Coral.
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate the applause Yes, the 4" CF tips refer to the new exhaust tips. I also did the golf tee mod on the muffler...sounds mean.

My 07 e92 had the chrome trim as well, but I had a tint shop adhere 3m black gloss vinyl atop the chrome. Only cost me $150 and looked great! May be something to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
beautiful ride

looks really nice with the lip, drop, and wheels.

what are the 4' CF tips? for the exhaust?

wish my car had the shadowline trim
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #2165
ck27
New Member
1
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SF/Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys- I'm trading in for a 2011 335is.

Coming from a 2012 X5M, I need to update the interior. So here's what I'm thinking:
1. New shifter knob
2. BMW performance steering wheel
3. New trim - maybe piano black, stainless, carbon, alcantara, or leather
4. Light tint all around
5. Maybe aftermarket exhaust

What do y'all think?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #2166
romanonj
Captain
romanonj's Avatar
10
Rep
796
Posts

 
Drives: X3 and 335is w/DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey, Ocean County

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck27 View Post
Hey guys- I'm trading in for a 2011 335is.

Coming from a 2012 X5M, I need to update the interior. So here's what I'm thinking:
1. New shifter knob
2. BMW performance steering wheel
3. New trim - maybe piano black, stainless, carbon, alcantara, or leather
4. Light tint all around
5. Maybe aftermarket exhaust

What do y'all think?
Leave exahust as is..
Buy suspension upgrade instead of the $$$$ steering wheel.
Tint - Yes (35% all around looks great)
Trim/Shifter - matter of personal preference, waste of money in my mind.

Cosmetic:
1. Tint
2. Painted reflector
3. CF Trunk Spoiler
4. CF M-tech Lip
5. Rims, tires, etc ...

Performance:
1. Intake - AFE DCI and AFE Stage 2 (you will love to hear turbo spool)
2. Cobb!!!!
3. FMIC - ETS or Helix
4. Suspension upgrade (BMW PSS or Coil overs)
5. Downpipes
__________________
2014 F25 X3 M-Sport Carbon Black, Technology/Premium/Winter/Driver Assistance
2011 e92 335is DCT - Cobb, ETS IC, AFE DCI, BMW PS kit, M3 control arms, various cosmetic improvements RETIRED!
2007 X3 RETIRED!
2006 e90 330i 132k miles RETIRED!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #2167
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
easy2speed's Avatar
11
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: 14 GT-R and 997 Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL

iTrader: (1)

A few shots of my '13 335is 6mt plus my other rides....





__________________
'14 GT-R
'07 997 Turbo 6mt - 688whp and 761wtq
'01 996 Turbo 6mt
'14 CTS-V Sedan
'13 X6 3.5i
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2168
Mardio
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is space grey
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

That is a collection dude.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #2169
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
kdbryce's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,319
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav91183 View Post
My new ride 2007 335is with 24k miles on it. I'll post more info and pics when I'm allowed haha


uhhhh.....

you do know there's no such thing as a 2007 335is, right?
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #2170
Gav91183
Private
Gav91183's Avatar
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fort Worth, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
uhhhh.....

you do know there's no such thing as a 2007 335is, right?
yea yea I do.. Brainfart.... actions went ahead of brain...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 03:35 AM   #2171
BMur
First Lieutenant
BMur's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
358
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335is
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iArchitect View Post
I just came across this thread...congrats to all the owners!

I've had an '11 for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I'm coming from a 2007 335i e92....unfortuantely a piston dropped, blew the motor, and caught the engine bay on fire in May. It had 106,000 miles. Thank God for car insurance!

I've managed to put some work into the 335is so far, but I 've havent touched the engine yet. After the ordeal with the '07, I'm honestly a little hesitant!

Sorry for the iPhone pics. I'm really not into the whole photography scene.

2011 335is, Tiag, Coral Red, 6mt

Medium tinted tails
35% tint all around, windshield included
Gloss black grills
4" Cyba carbon fiber tips
CPS carbon fiber lip
Sonic Tuning coilovers
OEM m359 wheels, et31 front and et25 rear, custom powdercoated dark gunmetal with 40% gloss (semi-gloss)
Eagle f1 Assymetirc tires, 235/35r and 265/30r
Rear fender roll
Painted side markers
Removed front license plate holder
How was the fitment/install of the cps front lip? Relatively straightforward?
__________________
Current: 2011 E92 335is | LeMans Blue | Oyster Dakota | 6MT | Nav | Executive | KW V2 |

Retired: 2008 E92 335i | Jet Black | Coral Red Dakota | 6MT | Sport | Premium | Premium Sound | CA | 19" 230's |
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #2172
335iArchitect
Private
United_States
2
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is.TiAg, 6mt, Coral.
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

I didn't have any problems with the cps and don't think it's at all worth paying twice as much for the Arkym, especially for something that will inherently get scratched up.

It fit well and is attached with 3m double sided tape and 8-10 screws. The locations are easily noted on the underside of your bumper. You have to mark and drill the screw locations in the lip, but it's easily done with an electric drill, lead pencil, and painters tape.

If you're savvy enough to take off your front bumper, I would suggest that for the install. I read some horror stories of this lip and similar kinds flying off at high speeds. To combat that, I installed an additional 8 1-1/2 to 2" bolts (depending on location on the bumper) with nuts and 1" washers. It's extremely snug. But of course, you can only accomplish this with the bumper off.

The bumper off install makes the primary/regular install a lot easier and precise as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMur View Post
How was the fitment/install of the cps front lip? Relatively straightforward?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #2173
JiggaWang
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LMB/Coral 335is
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington

iTrader: (2)

My superman 335is

Just wanted to contribute 1 pic...love this car
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #2174
Maddict3
Major
Maddict3's Avatar
25
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW M4
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy2speed View Post
A few shots of my '13 335is 6mt plus my other rides....






wow man! thats awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #2175
tmdals0213
Major
tmdals0213's Avatar
Switzerland
18
Rep
1,115
Posts

 
Drives: 3 Series Row Boat
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: amazon.com/prime

iTrader: (1)

have any of you experienced this?

everytime i go fill up gas, the pump prematurely stops itself after about 5-8 gallons. I put in the trigger holder thing so its a continuous flow and just let the hose go until it full. But ever since i got the car, i've always had to adjust it and set it up again. I'm the only person that's babysitting the car at the pump since whatever pump i use the trigger holding device unlatches. I "THINK" somethings wrong with the fuel sensor... its definitely not the pumps or handles.... thanks to anyone who can comment on this.
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #2176
Amgeater2
Private First Class
1
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hallandale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
have any of you experienced this?

everytime i go fill up gas, the pump prematurely stops itself after about 5-8 gallons. I put in the trigger holder thing so its a continuous flow and just let the hose go until it full. But ever since i got the car, i've always had to adjust it and set it up again. I'm the only person that's babysitting the car at the pump since whatever pump i use the trigger holding device unlatches. I "THINK" somethings wrong with the fuel sensor... its definitely not the pumps or handles.... thanks to anyone who can comment on this.
No problem here
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #2177
texxy
Lieutenant
10
Rep
439
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: somewhere

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
have any of you experienced this?

everytime i go fill up gas, the pump prematurely stops itself after about 5-8 gallons. I put in the trigger holder thing so its a continuous flow and just let the hose go until it full. But ever since i got the car, i've always had to adjust it and set it up again. I'm the only person that's babysitting the car at the pump since whatever pump i use the trigger holding device unlatches. I "THINK" somethings wrong with the fuel sensor... its definitely not the pumps or handles.... thanks to anyone who can comment on this.
I had that problem with my old G35, apparently the gas tank has excess air in it and believes it is full from what my SA told me back then. This was 5 years ago. Something with your fuel pump maybe? Take it in
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #2178
tmdals0213
Major
tmdals0213's Avatar
Switzerland
18
Rep
1,115
Posts

 
Drives: 3 Series Row Boat
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: amazon.com/prime

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
No problem here
Quote:
Originally Posted by texxy View Post
I had that problem with my old G35, apparently the gas tank has excess air in it and believes it is full from what my SA told me back then. This was 5 years ago. Something with your fuel pump maybe? Take it in
thank you both, might have to call the SA tomorrow.
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST