E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Alarm Owners: Have you Tested Panic Feature?

01-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
bakdraft
Private First Class

Drives: 320 D, March 2006,

Just had this response from Customer services...

Quote:
Thank you for your email to BMW Customer Information.

We can confirm that the handbook does give information on the panic button feature that you mention. Unfortunately this is something that is not offered in the UK and is aimed for the US Market. There are quite often slight differences in the product between the UK and other markets which is due to various factors such as legislation and climate.

We are sorry to disappoint and that we can not provide you with a more detailed answer but would recommend contacting your nearest approved BMW Dealership to find out whether it is possible to get this activated on your vehicle.
Boy... I hate those stock answers... They didn't bother to answer my question as to why they did not put the feature on as it is not a climate or legislative issue. In fact it would help protect the car and it's user... ... I think they should give this explanation to the next woman ( from any country ) alone in a car park at night, and see what they think about their reply. ....Next time I will get an import!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #24
335I_JB
President |||
Canada

Drives: E90 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakdraft

Boy... I hate those stock answers... They didn't bother to answer my question as to why they did not put the feature on as it is not a climate or legislative issue. In fact it would help protect the car and it's user... ... I think they should give this explanation to the next woman ( from any country ) alone in a car park at night, and see what they think about their reply. ....Next time I will get an import!!!
I would suggest talking to your dealer about reprogramming. Especially, since the panic feature is mentioned in the UK literature, too.
      01-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
vivekk
THE Viv
England

Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakdraft

Dave, you're more likely to get a better answer from the forum, than you are from BMW UK!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #26
E_92

Drives: E92 Space Gray Met w/ Red int

I don't have the audible feedback from locking and unlocking. How can I turn it on? (I don't have the iDrive)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #27
rlc
Captain

Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '14 F15d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_92
I don't have the audible feedback from locking and unlocking. How can I turn it on? (I don't have the iDrive)
If you have the alarm installed and coded then you can select the options by using the turn signal stalk buttons. Attached is from the Owners Manual - Page 20.
Attached Images

Last edited by rlc; 01-09-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #28
Hitman999
Captain
United Kingdom

Drives: F80 M3 DCT Black!

Garage List
2014 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to Hitman999
The panic alarm does not work on my car (UK Dealer) Sept 05.
Anyone have a UK dealer car where this works?

Hitman999
Appreciate 0