E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Who else is in Oklahoma? Show some love!

03-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
e92days
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Who else is in Oklahoma? Show some love!

Is there anyone inhabiting Oklahoma or is it as barren a land the people from every other region besides the Southwest believe it is?

Is it just me?

I've been on these forums pretty regularly for several months and I never see any posts from Oklahoma natives.

Reconvene! Let's start a revolution! I'm starting to feel like a lonely N54 owner. I like long walks inside Penn Square and Sooner malls, long drives on I35, I40, I44, I240, Broadway Extension and Route 66. I like parking my car in parking lots that are under construction to make my car look especially clean and worth the high maintenance costs, or the top of a parking garage downtown because the sunsets are nice there. If anyone feels the same, I'm your soulmate.

Go ahead, talk about whatever your heart desires... but start off with a little bit about yourself (location, knowledge of your platform, interests in further modifications)

in order to change the subject you need to (should) show me a picture of your car, if you haven't already. (I'm an exception, I'm putting my new M Sport wheels on next week) Unrelated conversation is welcome, car talk is recommended.
Post tips, mods and ideas.
Have respect for your fellow members and be mindful, no idea is ever too crazy.

Edit: Added photo. Uploaded with phone and had to crop it, sorry if it looks weird
Attached Images

Last edited by e92days; 03-13-2016 at 04:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
sgtmater
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Im in Edmond area.. There are few of us here, but most don't post. You should check out Oklahoma BMWs and Deutsch Auto Sport on facebook. People are more active there..

Here is mine. Hood was getting painted.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #3
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmater View Post
Im in Edmond area.. There are few of us here, but most don't post. You should check out Oklahoma BMWs and Deutsch Auto Sport on facebook. People are more active there..

Here is mine. Hood was getting painted.

I actually checked those out today, thanks for letting me know! I'm in OKC. I already met a person from one of the groups at the Saturday meet tonight! You ever attend?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
sgtmater
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92days View Post
I actually checked those out today, thanks for letting me know! I'm in OKC. I already met a person from one of the groups at the Saturday meet tonight! You ever attend?

Yes im usually out there.. Well there are a few different spots that people hang out, but yes i was out there last night with a slipping clutch!! lol
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmater View Post
Yes im usually out there.. Well there are a few different spots that people hang out, but yes i was out there last night with a slipping clutch!! lol
Yeah, I don't usually go to 39th or Council&Expressway anymore. I've been going to Twin Peaks but last night they all decided to meet at Rudy's BBQ down the street because there was a hotel right behind Twin Peaks and I'm sure the people staying there who complained were probably not fans of the movie The Fast and Furious

Sometimes people at the meet are considerate but other times not so much, so I can understand why someone might not like loud noises right outside their window on their two-day business trip out of town.

I saw you on Deutsch Auto Sport! And so we shall continue this elsewhere, unless more members pop up.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #6
BeammetomyBMW
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i conv

Ha ha. I'm in. New to e30, but not BMW. Sold my long time 530 recently for a 335i convert. Wow. Love this new ride. Had a 740 years go and a couple other 5s,but this little monster is the best of the bunch. I test drove a few Z4 but after finding that aftermarket warranties are slim I opted for the 335 and love it.

I live in Edmond and would love to meet some other Okies
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #7
peterawrrr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 SG 335i Coupe

OKC here
New on the forums and to bmw.

I recently just acquired a e92 335i stock and been reading to forum and looking at diys.

Hopefully see some of you around.
Attached Images

Last edited by peterawrrr; 04-23-2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: pic size
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:07 PM   #8
BeammetomyBMW
Rep

Okie

Nice to see another okie here. I'm looking to do the same as you. Please share if you find anything interesting and I will as well.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterawrrr View Post
OKC here
New on the forums and to bmw.

I recently just acquired a e92 335i stock and been reading to forum and looking at diys.

Hopefully see some of you around.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #9
BeammetomyBMW
Rep

Here is mine

My new ride attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 12:06 AM   #10
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Welcome fellow N54 enthusiasts!

It's nice to see a growing population of N54 owner/e90post members.

Take sgtmater's advice and join the BMW of Oklahoma Facebook pages, but make sure to keep using this forum, you'll find much more and better quality information.

Happy browsing!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #11
Bmonicaw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi

new to the forums and Oklahoma...hopefully its not as dead as it looks lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #12
peterawrrr
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeammetomyBMW View Post
Nice to see another okie here. I'm looking to do the same as you. Please share if you find anything interesting and I will as well.

Cheers
In the past couple weeks I managed to do:

DCI - easy
change sparkplugs - pretty easy with the sparkplug tool
change transmission fluid/transmission oil pan - not too difficult just limited amount of space to work with.
change machatronic sleeve - difficult due to space and my hand barely could reach the sleeve.
enable rear fogs - easy

If there was a shop that I could borrow their lift it would've made everything a lot easier. Any recommendations? Or anyone with lifts at home?

I plan on purchasing the vrsf downpipes and the vrsf 5" stepped FMIC.

Both have good reviews and good price unless anyone recommends something else?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #13
BeammetomyBMW
Rep

Hey Pete, nice to meet ya. Not sure if this will work for you but try this guy,

http://www.thepadokc.com/contact.html

He is just off s. Blvd. he work on performance stuff and does work on bmws, I'm scheduled to get him to install my down pipes and stuff.

I believe he would do your down pipes and FMIC for about 4-600 bucks. But if it doesn't take him too long he will work with ya...

FMIC isn't bad, but down pipes can be a pain from what I hear.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #14
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey Pete, nice to meet ya. Not sure if this will work for you but try this guy,

http://www.thepadokc.com/contact.html

He is just off s. Blvd. he work on performance stuff and does work on bmws, I'm scheduled to get him to install my down pipes and stuff.

I believe he would do your down pipes and FMIC for about 4-600 bucks. But if it doesn't take him too long he will work with ya...

FMIC isn't bad, but down pipes can be a pain from what I hear.

Good luck
Hey guys, if you don't feel like paying 4-600 for your installs, I've done my own FMIC and downpipe install including a couple other buddies (also, walnut blasting) so if you ever want quality work done at half that price, let me know! My prices range from 1-200 for dp install and same thing depending on the fmic and whether it has the upgraded piping. That's not including the E90post discount I usually provide Ask sgtmater! I did his blast pretty cheap. If you need a shop to work on your car at, I have a buddy who has a lift but it costs to use it. Other than that, I recommend you guys join the OklahomaBMW's page on facebook, that's where most of the action happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #15
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
In the past couple weeks I managed to do:

DCI - easy
change sparkplugs - pretty easy with the sparkplug tool
change transmission fluid/transmission oil pan - not too difficult just limited amount of space to work with.
change machatronic sleeve - difficult due to space and my hand barely could reach the sleeve.
enable rear fogs - easy

If there was a shop that I could borrow their lift it would've made everything a lot easier. Any recommendations? Or anyone with lifts at home?

I plan on purchasing the vrsf downpipes and the vrsf 5" stepped FMIC.

Both have good reviews and good price unless anyone recommends something else?
I have the Stepped 5" VRSF and it's great, but I quickly realized that I should've just got the 7" because "why not?" That was truly my reasoning haha. I've never known anyone to get a smaller intercooler, just the other way around, am I right?

Refer to my above post! If you need a shop with a lift, I have a buddy but it costs! I guarantee you can do the FMIC install on ramps though, and DP's on jack stands so you can remove the steering rack, that's how I do them.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 12:21 AM   #16
BeammetomyBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92days;19929551Hey guys, if you don't feel like paying 4-600 for your installs, I've done my own FMIC and downpipe install including a couple other buddies (also, walnut blasting) so if you ever want quality work done at half that price, let me know! My prices range from 1-200 for dp install and same thing depending on the fmic and whether it has the upgraded piping. That's not including the E90post discount I usually provide Ask sgtmater! I did his blast pretty cheap. If you need a shop to work on your car at, I have a buddy who has a lift but it costs to use it. Other than that, I recommend you guys join the OklahomaBMW's page on facebook, that's where most of the action happens.

Well heck, that's a high savings. I'll definitely take you up in that. As for the 5 vs 7. I spoke with the manufacture and he assured me unless your running in a track and taking your car over 600hp that you won't need the 7 and probably won't even be able to tell a difference.. I'll pm ya bro
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 01:45 PM   #17
peterawrrr
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92days View Post
I have the Stepped 5" VRSF and it's great, but I quickly realized that I should've just got the 7" because "why not?" That was truly my reasoning haha. I've never known anyone to get a smaller intercooler, just the other way around, am I right?

Refer to my above post! If you need a shop with a lift, I have a buddy but it costs! I guarantee you can do the FMIC install on ramps though, and DP's on jack stands so you can remove the steering rack, that's how I do them.
Well the reason I was going towards the stepped 5" vs. the 7" is that the 7" requires some trimming of some plastics vs. 5" no trimming required.

But further research the plastic needed to be trimmed is about 2" each side which isnt that bad with a dremel.

So I plan on going with the 7" and cause "bigger is better" haha.

Im not worried about the install for the FMIC just the DPs is what im worried about with the limited space to work with.

I think for the FMIC just ramps should be enough and maybe no need to remove the front bumper but probably easier with the front bumper off?

Also is the extra lower charge pipe for the vrsf FMIC recommended for my 07? I see its not needed for 07-08 but required for 09+.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #18
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well heck, that's a high savings. I'll definitely take you up in that. As for the 5 vs 7. I spoke with the manufacture and he assured me unless your running in a track and taking your car over 600hp that you won't need the 7 and probably won't even be able to tell a difference.. I'll pm ya bro
Well, I think you're less likely to heat soak if you have a bigger intercooler, it'll be more consistent pull after pull, for more pulls. Also, it increases your car's potential because if you ever plan to do more (like me) you wouldn't end up having to upgrade when it comes time, if it does. Tell ya what, if you guys end up getting the 7" and don't want it, I'll trade you my 5" stepped for it, straight across! I'll check my PM's
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #19
e92days
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well the reason I was going towards the stepped 5" vs. the 7" is that the 7" requires some trimming of some plastics vs. 5" no trimming required.

But further research the plastic needed to be trimmed is about 2" each side which isnt that bad with a dremel.

So I plan on going with the 7" and cause "bigger is better" haha.

Im not worried about the install for the FMIC just the DPs is what im worried about with the limited space to work with.

I think for the FMIC just ramps should be enough and maybe no need to remove the front bumper but probably easier with the front bumper off?

Also is the extra lower charge pipe for the vrsf FMIC recommended for my 07? I see its not needed for 07-08 but required for 09+.
It's definitely easier with a dremel, I've heard stories about people doing it other ways and it worked but took them longer. I think you could do it with the bumper off, but it'll definitely be more difficult.

I have an '07, I wasn't completely sure about the lower charge pipe upgrade... but I got it anyway . It's definitely less restrictive, though. But, I do have the long upper charge pipe with the elbow that was recommended for 07'-08' but required for 09'+ and it might have to have something to do with compatibility in that aspect.

I have new piping all around, inlets, upper and lower charge pipes, intercooler and surrounding piping, downpipes. Those are my only mods lol, just reducing the restrictions and the car pulls gloriously and the turbos don't have to work as hard with less restrictions to achieve more power! Oh, and I also have a Wedge tune, which might have something to do with it.

You can get it done, though. Just make sure have them on jack stands and a jack for safety, and treat the o2 sensors as if they're glass, I read that they're fragile. They're expensive lol
Appreciate 0