E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Mercedes Forum Uk



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
webwysard
Captain
webwysard's Avatar
United Kingdom
12
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: CUPRA R
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North West

iTrader: (3)

Mercedes Forum Uk

Does anyone know the reputed online mercedes benz forum of UK.

Might be moving on to the Merc side of life, so just to get an idea about the known and common faults before making any decision.

Thanks for the help and advice
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
JLR1969
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
38
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: 2014 520d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwysard View Post
Does anyone know the reputed online mercedes benz forum of UK.

Might be moving on to the Merc side of life, so just to get an idea about the known and common faults before making any decision.

Thanks for the help and advice
Send a PM to Palmnuts he went over to the dark side a while ago and is on the MB forums a lot.

I also went over but can't be bothered with the MB forums as they are not as good as this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Jon D
Colonel
Jon D's Avatar
Scotland
52
Rep
2,578
Posts

Drives: F12 640i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

I'm also considering a move to the MB E Class coupe or cabrio, primarily due to the fact that BMW have cheapened the E92/93 with the 2010 LCI version - the interior no longer feels like it's part of a 48K car.
I found this forum: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...s-benz-forums/
However, as JLR says, it's not a patch on this one and if I switch, I will really miss the response I get from fellow E90 Post members.
If you find a better MB forum, perhaps you could let me know - thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
JLR1969
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
38
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: 2014 520d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
I'm also considering a move to the MB E Class coupe or cabrio, primarily due to the fact that BMW have cheapened the E92/93 with the 2010 LCI version - the interior no longer feels like it's part of a 48K car.
I found this forum: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...s-benz-forums/
However, as JLR says, it's not a patch on this one and if I switch, I will really miss the response I get from fellow E90 Post members.
If you find a better MB forum, perhaps you could let me know - thanks.
+1 if you find a good forum
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
pjs
Colonel
pjs's Avatar
61
Rep
2,577
Posts

Drives: F30 335d
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NORTH

iTrader: (1)

I used to be on www.mbclub.co.uk, decent enough crowd from memory, but good banter hard to come by
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
magic77
Colonel
magic77's Avatar
United Kingdom
46
Rep
2,925
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (1)

thanks for those I've been on benzworld since wife got her Bclass. not bad though no where near E90 standard
__________________
F30 335i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Palmnuts's Avatar
United Kingdom
52
Rep
1,950
Posts

Drives: Merc SLS AMG & ML63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Loughborough, UK

iTrader: (0)

I'm now quite an active member on www.mbclub.co.uk. As has already been said, it's the best one in the UK but it's still not 'e90post'!

Just remember that it caters for all Merc's old and new so there is a much wider 'variety' of people (read into that what you will ) compared to this single model forum.

I like it as there's a few AMG owners on there and we all seem to get on pretty well (and likely piss off all the non-AMG owning members at the same time!)
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Palmnuts's Avatar
United Kingdom
52
Rep
1,950
Posts

Drives: Merc SLS AMG & ML63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Loughborough, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
S
I also went over but can't be bothered with the MB forums as they are not as good as this one.
How can you say this until you've actually given it a go and tried to participate in the forum?? You may be surprised!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 03:18 AM   #9
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
101
Rep
8,191
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
I'm a member here.. http://forums.mercedesclub.org.

Had some good advice with the Wife's SLK
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #10
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
58
Rep
4,138
Posts

Drives: MY12 Range Rover Sport HSE
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
I'm now quite an active member on www.mbclub.co.uk. As has already been said, it's the best one in the UK but it's still not 'e90post'!

Just remember that it caters for all Merc's old and new so there is a much wider 'variety' of people (read into that what you will ) compared to this single model forum.

I like it as there's a few AMG owners on there and we all seem to get on pretty well (and likely piss off all the non-AMG owning members at the same time!)
I'll second that, I have been a member in there for a few years, decent crowd but there ain't no Carlos' Wills or Stevies on there!!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST