E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > PIR test and tune round 2?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #23
ericsmc83
Captain
ericsmc83's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
981
Posts

 
Drives: 4/08 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
i just wish i didn't have misfire issue. well at least now i know it's not going to be a cheap fix (coil or spark plug )...

best time was done at my 14th run of the day out of 16 runs... yea 16 !!!(that's with accident at the end which resulting in ending the night early; otherwise i would've ran 20+ runs). No meth. peak bosot @ 18.2 psi. 1/8 of 92 Oct + 3 gal of trick 101 unleaded race gas so i don't know what that comes out to be... (anyone?)

R/T ... .114
60' ... 1.971
330 ... 5.421
1/8 ... 8.194
MPH ... 90.57
1000 ... 10.533
1/4 ... 12.481
MPH ... 115.89
Congrats again on the run! That's a great 60' too.

Good thing you have the Helix so you could run back to back like that!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #24
thwgw24
Major
thwgw24's Avatar
Taiwan
13
Rep
1,060
Posts

 
Drives: RB PWRED E90 N54 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
07' E90 335i  [0.00]
Good job David!!

wow, with the race gas, the autotune is running at 18.2 peak?? That is scary!! Seems like I should have put some race gas last time when we were there.

For the best run, what rpm did you launch at?


Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
i just wish i didn't have misfire issue. well at least now i know it's not going to be a cheap fix (coil or spark plug )...

best time was done at my 14th run of the day out of 16 runs... yea 16 !!!(that's with accident at the end which resulting in ending the night early; otherwise i would've ran 20+ runs). No meth. peak bosot @ 18.2 psi. 1/8 of 92 Oct + 3 gal of trick 101 unleaded race gas so i don't know what that comes out to be... (anyone?)

R/T ... .114
60' ... 1.971
330 ... 5.421
1/8 ... 8.194
MPH ... 90.57
1000 ... 10.533
1/4 ... 12.481
MPH ... 115.89
__________________
RB Turbo/Procede V5/Vishnu PWM Meth Injection Kit/Vishnu DCI/AR Catless DP/AE Performance Exhaust(Sold)/Helix FMIC/Forge DVs/Rixster Vent Boost Gauge/Wavetrac LSD/KW V3/ACT Street Clutch Kit
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 02:51 AM   #25
hun77777
Brigadier General
hun77777's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,625
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle WA

iTrader: (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirnegrey View Post
nice run david, never seen your car at low 12's last week.. improvement.
yea i was stupid. my setting was on valet mode (map 0) whole time. i was wondering why i was only getting 8~9 psi. most of the time i didn't even look or check boost setting last time because it was my first time at the track and thought it was new map, firmware related issue but on my way back i just realized how dumb i was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmc83 View Post
Congrats again on the run! That's a great 60' too.

Good thing you have the Helix so you could run back to back like that!
thx for your help loading up newest firmware! and yea IC definitely made me run more... should worth something to someone *wink*wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwgw24 View Post
Good job David!!

wow, with the race gas, the autotune is running at 18.2 peak?? That is scary!! Seems like I should have put some race gas last time when we were there.

For the best run, what rpm did you launch at?
all of my launches were done at 1800~1900 rpm at 1st. i tried couple times with 2nd at 2500, but for some reason my car spins out above 2k so i tried to be right around 1800~1900ish no more than 2k... faster 60s with 1st gear too...




9 outta 16 runs were worthless with misfires (didn't even hit 100mph and most of them less than 13s). 3 at 13 flat and 5 at 12s; 12.820, 12.677, 12.481, 12.584, 12.485.

on my way home i smash the gas and boost spiked up to 20.8. it consistantly hit 19.x psi so i don't know if my setting is off or what... even at pump gas, autotune let the peak psi to pump up to 16.x psi... so... why am i getting all this high boost psi...? my starting point was only 30% which would be 13 psi... bump all the way up to 16. and with race gas it goes up to 19 psi... is that normal? should i post it on turbo section?
__________________
SGE92TT......................... 12.331 Sec @ 117.89 Mph............................POWERED BY
l BMS DCI l HELIX IC l FORGE DVs l RR OCC & CP & SCOOPS l AR 3" DPs l AE QUADs l BLISTEIN PSS10 l P3 VENT GUAGE l VISHNU PROCEDE V4 AUTOTUNE l Lots of Window Stickers


Last edited by hun77777; 08-12-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
mdash
Private
mdash's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
91
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Auburn, WA

iTrader: (0)

Congrat's David! When I left your best pass was 12.8. Good improvements! It was good meeting you and Eric and also the driver of the black E93(sorry I didn't get your name).

My best pass was as follows.

R/T... .047
60' ... 2.047
330... 5.731
1/8... 8.756
mph... 81.87
1000... 11.342
1/4... 13.523
mph... 103.48

I'm pretty happy with that for a stock baseline. I can't wait to start modding and go faster.

Last edited by mdash; 08-12-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: make the time slip read better
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #27
hun77777
Brigadier General
hun77777's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,625
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle WA

iTrader: (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
Congrat's David! When I left your best pass was 12.8. Good improvements! It was good meeting you and Eric and also the driver of the black E93(sorry I didn't get your name).

My best pass was as follows.

R/T... .047
60' ... 2.047
330... 5.731
1/8... 8.756
mph... 81.87
1000... 11.342
1/4... 13.523
mph... 103.48

I'm pretty happy with that for a stock baseline. I can't wait to start modding and go faster.
it was nice meeting you there and i hope to see you more often on upcoming local bmw meets. at least come swing by on 22nd. there will be lot of bmw ppl there, well if weather is good that is...

p.s. just fyi, my best base (all the bolt on mod on stock boost) was 13.18/104 so your time is spot on! now go slap on tune and see if it changes your time much...

p.p.s. driver of black e93's name is Tony.
__________________
SGE92TT......................... 12.331 Sec @ 117.89 Mph............................POWERED BY
l BMS DCI l HELIX IC l FORGE DVs l RR OCC & CP & SCOOPS l AR 3" DPs l AE QUADs l BLISTEIN PSS10 l P3 VENT GUAGE l VISHNU PROCEDE V4 AUTOTUNE l Lots of Window Stickers

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #28
thwgw24
Major
thwgw24's Avatar
Taiwan
13
Rep
1,060
Posts

 
Drives: RB PWRED E90 N54 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
07' E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
on my way home i smash the gas and boost spiked up to 20.8. it consistantly hit 19.x psi so i don't know if my setting is off or what... even at pump gas, autotune let the peak psi to pump up to 16.x psi... so... why am i getting all this high boost psi...? my starting point was only 30% which would be 13 psi... bump all the way up to 16. and with race gas it goes up to 19 psi... is that normal? should i post it on turbo section?
Did you accidently change the boost control gain under the user adjustable parameters which I believe it's set at 50% for the 8-6 map? I believe the autotune will be more aggressive if you increase that number.

I'm consistantly running 15.8 to 16.2 psi with pump gas so I think that's pretty normal with our stage 3 setup. I never tried the race gas so I don't know how much differences will it make.
__________________
RB Turbo/Procede V5/Vishnu PWM Meth Injection Kit/Vishnu DCI/AR Catless DP/AE Performance Exhaust(Sold)/Helix FMIC/Forge DVs/Rixster Vent Boost Gauge/Wavetrac LSD/KW V3/ACT Street Clutch Kit
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
mdash
Private
mdash's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
91
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Auburn, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
it was nice meeting you there and i hope to see you more often on upcoming local bmw meets. at least come swing by on 22nd. there will be lot of bmw ppl there, well if weather is good that is...

p.s. just fyi, my best base (all the bolt on mod on stock boost) was 13.18/104 so your time is spot on! now go slap on tune and see if it changes your time much...

p.p.s. driver of black e93's name is Tony.
Thanks David, I definitely plan to come to more meets. I wont be able to make it on the 22nd, I am going to the West Coast Subaru Show in Lake Chelan that weekend.

ps. After you made one of your runs last night a couple guys in front of me in the bleachers said "damn, thats a bad a$$ M3" lol i chuckled inside
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #30
hun77777
Brigadier General
hun77777's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,625
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle WA

iTrader: (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
Thanks David, I definitely plan to come to more meets. I wont be able to make it on the 22nd, I am going to the West Coast Subaru Show in Lake Chelan that weekend.

ps. After you made one of your runs last night a couple guys in front of me in the bleachers said "damn, thats a bad a$$ M3" lol i chuckled inside
lol. i would love to hear what they would've said to Eric's ride...
__________________
SGE92TT......................... 12.331 Sec @ 117.89 Mph............................POWERED BY
l BMS DCI l HELIX IC l FORGE DVs l RR OCC & CP & SCOOPS l AR 3" DPs l AE QUADs l BLISTEIN PSS10 l P3 VENT GUAGE l VISHNU PROCEDE V4 AUTOTUNE l Lots of Window Stickers

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
ericsmc83
Captain
ericsmc83's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
981
Posts

 
Drives: 4/08 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
Congrat's David! When I left your best pass was 12.8. Good improvements! It was good meeting you and Eric and also the driver of the black E93(sorry I didn't get your name).

My best pass was as follows.

R/T... .047
60' ... 2.047
330... 5.731
1/8... 8.756
mph... 81.87
1000... 11.342
1/4... 13.523
mph... 103.48

I'm pretty happy with that for a stock baseline. I can't wait to start modding and go faster.
Good meeting you as well. Great baselines runs. Any specific mods you're looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
lol. i would love to hear what they would've said to Eric's ride...
Last Friday Andy and Nickee said they heard these group of 8-9 year olds say, "OMG look he has to drive around the water because he can't even burn out...he wishes he could!"
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #32
dirnegrey
Colonel
dirnegrey's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
2,000
Posts

 
Drives: m3 vert
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmc83 View Post
Good meeting you as well. Great baselines runs. Any specific mods you're looking at?



Last Friday Andy and Nickee said they heard these group of 8-9 year olds say, "OMG look he has to drive around the water because he can't even burn out...he wishes he could!"
: they must be shocked when they see 12's..
__________________
Current:
2006 Maserati Quattroporte S (Bianco Eldorado)
Sold:
2007 BMW 328i (Jet Black)
2002 BMW M3 (TiAg)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #33
245 sleeper
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i convertible
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: woodinville,WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
lol. i would love to hear what they would've said to Eric's ride...
me too.....lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST