E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Dyno Chart Compilation



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #397
v1nc86
Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MTL


Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahb View Post
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/abdallahbidawy/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140811_173722_zps2wak7zjy.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahb View Post
]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/abdallahbidawy/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140811_173722_zps2wak7zjy.jpg[/url]
Here you go! :P

__________________
2008 Jet Black E90 335xi | Sport Package | 6AT / Alpina B3 TCU Flash | JB4 G5 / BMS Speed Delimiter | BMS DCI | CP-E Charge Pipe | VRSF 5" Intercooler | BMW Performance Exhaust | VMR V718 / Kumho | Bilstein Sport / Eibach Pro-Kit | Best 1/4: 12.6@109 | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #398
abdullahb
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 e90 335i 6at, cobb v3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Beirut, Lebanon


Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

So ur saying that i can make more power with my current mods...in 32C and tons of humidity???
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #399
tc535i
Major
14

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles


Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (1)

Here's my contribution. Running a little more than half e85, the rest 91. VRSF downpipes, ER intercooler and chargepipe with Tial blowoff valve, JB4 G5 with the last of the 1-cyl logging firmware (not sure what version # offhand), SteveAZ Stage 2 lpfp kit (Walbro 450), BMS pump flash. Think that's it?



http://datazap.me/u/tc535i/8214-eas-...4&zoom=174-221
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 06:05 AM   #400
JNAT*
DisplacementReplacement
United_States
3

 
Drives: 09 335XI AT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Jersey


Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nc86 View Post
Here you go! :P

As we all know, a dyno is a tuning tool, every dyno reads differently. Everything I've read or talked about with hot rodders (for lack of a better word) is the only thing that matters is what your baseline was before mods and what the result is after each or all mods. With that said, if you plug in 12.6 @ 109 in a drag times calculator with a guess at vehicle weight of 3750 with driver you get 304 hp at the wheels. If you post those same numbers into another calculator you get different numbers. My only point is that all these dyno numbers are mudding up the waters, I think the old adage is true, time slips are the true indicator of power and dynos are tuning tools period.





Read more: http://www.dragtimes.com/horsepower-...#ixzz3Ave3ahjH
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #401
tc535i
Major
14

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles


Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnat View Post
As we all know, a dyno is a tuning tool, every dyno reads differently. Everything I've read or talked about with hot rodders (for lack of a better word) is the only thing that matters is what your baseline was before mods and what the result is after each or all mods. With that said, if you plug in 12.6 @ 109 in a drag times calculator with a guess at vehicle weight of 3750 with driver you get 304 hp at the wheels. If you post those same numbers into another calculator you get different numbers. My only point is that all these dyno numbers are mudding up the waters, I think the old adage is true, time slips are the true indicator of power and dynos are tuning tools period.





Read more: http://www.dragtimes.com/horsepower-...#ixzz3Ave3ahjH
so... head over to the drag slips thread?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #402
JNAT*
DisplacementReplacement
United_States
3

 
Drives: 09 335XI AT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Jersey


Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

[quote=tc535i;16498767]so... head over to the drag slips thread? [/QUOTE

Nice, agreed!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #403
Miko226
Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
Miko226's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i n54
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boca Raton, FL


Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahb View Post
Got 410whp and 500ft wtq...
With the following mods

K&n replacement filter
Gutted primary cats
Straight pipe exhaust except for mid cats to prevent the white smoke..
Cobb v3 stage2+ fmic aggressive st.... but i highered the boost holds 18 and tapers to 14 at redline and advanced the timing a bit...
Aem wmi biggest nozzle installed... 2/3 95% ethanol 1/3 water
Car is a 2007 e90 335i at
This is meth only no e85?? Great numbers!
__________________
08 n54 135i Alpina-AT 80k
Engine: JB4 e40/93, AFE DCI, VRSF 5" FMIC V2, VRSF Upper/Lower CP, BMS Tstat, RB PCV & BMS OCC (Next)
Exhaust: Active DP, n55 Mids (Next), Berk Ceramic Delete
Tires: Nitto 555 265/35, Nitto 555 225/40
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #404
abdullahb
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 e90 335i 6at, cobb v3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Beirut, Lebanon


Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Yup...ethanol 95%...not even meth..lol...i pulled 1car length against an e90 335i with

Ets 7" fmic
Ar design 3" downpipes
Upgraded catback
Upgraded cp with tial bov
And cobb tuned stage2+ fmic aggressive...
So i guess all this car needs on those tiny turbos is meth and decat!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 04:28 AM   #405
abdullahb
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 e90 335i 6at, cobb v3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Beirut, Lebanon


Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

[url=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/abdallahbidawy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20140811-WA0040_zpsc83c5cba.jpg.html]
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #406
SneakyDeeky
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
42

 
SneakyDeeky's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Redondo Beach, CA


Posts: 1,566
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i E90  [4.68]
2014 Audi SQ5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
Here's my contribution. Running a little more than half e85, the rest 91. VRSF downpipes, ER intercooler and chargepipe with Tial blowoff valve, JB4 G5 with the last of the 1-cyl logging firmware (not sure what version # offhand), SteveAZ Stage 2 lpfp kit (Walbro 450), BMS pump flash. Think that's it?



http://datazap.me/u/tc535i/8214-eas-...4&zoom=174-221
Nice! Looks like map 7?
Any reason why you ran the pump flash and not the E85 flash?
__________________

6MT | FBO + E60 | Spec2+ | ER Dual Oil Coolers | 3.46 Wavetrac LSD | StopTech BBK | KW V1 | M3 Bits | Advan RS | LS3 AEs | Dyno Results | Pics
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #407
tc535i
Major
14

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles


Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyDeeky View Post
Nice! Looks like map 7?
Any reason why you ran the pump flash and not the E85 flash?
Correct.

I don't have the *********** cable, a board member was nice enough to flash for me. Since I only run e85 like that for kill runs and run pump 91 every day, I figured I'd give up a few hp on the rare runs for a better daily tune all around
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #408
SneakyDeeky
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
42

 
SneakyDeeky's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Redondo Beach, CA


Posts: 1,566
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i E90  [4.68]
2014 Audi SQ5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
Correct.

I don't have the *********** cable, a board member was nice enough to flash for me. Since I only run e85 like that for kill runs and run pump 91 every day, I figured I'd give up a few hp on the rare runs for a better daily tune all around
Good call; I don't have the BT cable either. I still use the old BMS Flashes that are loaded via the Cobb AP, but I think it's worth it as they flash in less than a minute as opposed to 15 minutes with the BT cable and free *********** software. Plus, I can keep the Cobb AP in my glovebox and flash from the E85 to the Pump tune while I'm filling up... way more convenient.

Nice numbers!
__________________

6MT | FBO + E60 | Spec2+ | ER Dual Oil Coolers | 3.46 Wavetrac LSD | StopTech BBK | KW V1 | M3 Bits | Advan RS | LS3 AEs | Dyno Results | Pics
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #409
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
30

 
Drives: LCI 335i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern VA


Posts: 2,689
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
Here's my contribution. Running a little more than half e85, the rest 91. VRSF downpipes, ER intercooler and chargepipe with Tial blowoff valve, JB4 G5 with the last of the 1-cyl logging firmware (not sure what version # offhand), SteveAZ Stage 2 lpfp kit (Walbro 450), BMS pump flash. Think that's it?



http://datazap.me/u/tc535i/8214-eas-...4&zoom=174-221

Nice numbers i have the same setup! Going to put it on Map 7 tomorrow night and let it roll.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #410
Thirdkelley
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: Blacked Out 128i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NC


Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, I dynoed my 08 135i for the first time recently, and want some insight on the results. It was a mustang dyno in the middle of no where, I doubt it was well kept so that makes me question the results. So I just want to know if y'all think that the dyno looks accurate. For some reason they only put one of my 3 pulls on the printout...Mods are // JB4 G5 ISO/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMS DCI/Berk race mids/VRSF Cat-less DPs/ER Chargepipe w/HKS BOV/Walbro 255 Lpfp/BMS Flash. Running Map 7 18.5 psi and ~E65 e85/93 80%/20%. Just let me know what you guys think!
Attached Images
  
__________________
08 Alpine White 135i// JB4 G5 ISO/Alpina TCU flash/BMS DCI/Berk race mids/VRSF Cat-less DPs/ER Chargepipe w/HKS BOV/Walbro 255 Lpfp/BMS Flash
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #411
Miko226
Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
Miko226's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i n54
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boca Raton, FL


Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

All dynos very in results but with your mods on n54 you should be well above those numbers from all the dynos i have seen especially in the 18psi realm
__________________
08 n54 135i Alpina-AT 80k
Engine: JB4 e40/93, AFE DCI, VRSF 5" FMIC V2, VRSF Upper/Lower CP, BMS Tstat, RB PCV & BMS OCC (Next)
Exhaust: Active DP, n55 Mids (Next), Berk Ceramic Delete
Tires: Nitto 555 265/35, Nitto 555 225/40
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #412
brewnami
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 575
iTrader: (3)

Run on a dynojet from yesterday. Mods in my sig. About 65% E85/93 blend and 50/50 distilled water/denatured alcohol blend from a since CM10 nozzle.

Switching to a dual CM7 setup, walnut blast, 100% meth, 100% E85 for the next run.

441whp/486wtq
Attached Images
 
__________________
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, BB Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, DCI, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, Cyba ram air scoops, Koni Yellows, VMR V710.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #413
mike082802
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: 2010 135
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ny


Posts: 162
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewnami View Post
Run on a dynojet from yesterday. Mods in my sig. About 65% E85/93 blend and 50/50 distilled water/denatured alcohol blend from a since CM10 nozzle.

Switching to a dual CM7 setup, walnut blast, 100% meth, 100% E85 for the next run.

441whp/486wtq
what gear did you pull that?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #414
brewnami
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 575
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
what gear did you pull that?
All my pulls are in 4th
__________________
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, BB Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, DCI, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, Cyba ram air scoops, Koni Yellows, VMR V710.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #415
JValenzSD
New Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2010 e90 335i LCI-M
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

FB0 6AT E90 335i on 100% E85, Wedge Back-End Flash, Vishnu Proceed Flex Fuel Rev3 v5

Car:

-2010 BMW e90 LCI-M 335i 6AT (N54)

Tune:

-Wedge Performance Back End Flash
-Vishnu's Procede Rev3 v5
-Flex Fuel Sensor
-Latest Procede Flex Fuel Beta firmware on Map 3
-Alpina B3 TCU Flash

Fueling:

-100% E85
-SteveAZ's (Fuelit.biz) Stage 2 450 Kit

Mods:

-Injen DCI
-Spearco FMIC
-Synapse Engineering Charge Pipe
-Synapse Engineering BOV
-AR Design 3 in Catless DP's
-Custom exhaust w/ on board factory secondary cats
-NGK 5992 (Gapped at 0.022)
-3.5mm Silicone Vacuum Hoses
-Stock Turbos

Suspension:

-Ohlins Road & Track DFV Coilovers

Special thanks to WedgePerformance, HG Motorsports in San Diego, and SteveAZ for their help and guidance on this.

Dyno was done at HG Motorsports in San Diego on their Dyno Dynamics "Heart Breaker" dyno and the numbers were converted to reflect DynoJet numbers. I have attached the "Heartbreaker" dyno sheet as well. Car is a daily driver and grocery getter.

DynoJet (Converted)


DynoDynamics (Heartbreaker)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #416
brewnami
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 575
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JValenzSD View Post

Special thanks to WedgePerformance, HG Motorsports in San Diego, and SteveAZ for their help and guidance on this.

Dyno was done at HG Motorsports in San Diego on their Dyno Dynamics "Heart Breaker" dyno and the numbers were converted to reflect DynoJet numbers. I have attached the "Heartbreaker" dyno sheet as well. Car is a daily driver and grocery getter.
That's quite a conversion... How exactly is that computed? Pretty sure the record on factory turbos is 481 and that's with meth. I understand dynojets typically read higher than mustang dynos, but we are not talking 20% higher. That would indicate downright inaccuracies.
__________________
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, BB Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, DCI, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, Cyba ram air scoops, Koni Yellows, VMR V710.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #417
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
13


 
WedgePerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 681
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think the key thing here is to not get hung up on the numbers but just agree the dyno reads low. How low, well that's up in the air without a direct comparison.

Even at 10% its near or at 450 whp which is great for a double D car.

I understand the claimed record is 481 or something along those lines, but unless you pull on the same dyno, you have no bases.

I can say that when I raced at Shift Sector and won the Tier 3 tuner shootout, the stock turbo car tuned by Terry lost to me three times in a row by more than two cars in a half mile roll. I can't confirm that was the 481 car, but that was about the same time when he posted the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewnami View Post
That's quite a conversion... How exactly is that computed? Pretty sure the record on factory turbos is 481 and that's with meth. I understand dynojets typically read higher than mustang dynos, but we are not talking 20% higher. That would indicate downright inaccuracies.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #418
brewnami
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 575
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
I think the key thing here is to not get hung up on the numbers but just agree the dyno reads low. How low, well that's up in the air without a direct comparison.

Even at 10% its near or at 450 whp which is great for a double D car.

I understand the claimed record is 481 or something along those lines, but unless you pull on the same dyno, you have no bases.

I can say that when I raced at Shift Sector and won the Tier 3 tuner shootout, the stock turbo car tuned by Terry lost to me three times in a row by more than two cars in a half mile roll. I can't confirm that was the 481 car, but that was about the same time when he posted the record.

That's fair. I'm just wondering what the conversion ratio is between dynos. Like, how do you put down 399 on one dyno, and convert that to what a dynojet would read. That would indicate there is some ratio which would be useless without a direct comparison. Since its a thread all about dyno numbers, people come in here to compare results from modifications done. That's just a very big difference. Not saying that would indicate one car is faster than another since there are too many variables there, tires being a massive factor as well as driver skill and overall weight of the car.

Either way, ran a baseline this past Sunday to compare results when switching to 100% E85, 100% meth, and hopefully one of your flash tunes I emailed you about!
__________________
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, BB Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, DCI, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, Cyba ram air scoops, Koni Yellows, VMR V710.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST