E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Rear Ended! Time for a change?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
W8forMe
New Member
 
Drives: slow, please w8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Rear Ended! Time for a change?

Hello everyone! I've been just stealth-ing around these forums for a while...and now here's my first post.
I got rear ended a few days ago. I figure ok, the body shop will replace it with a new OEM rear bumper cover.
Turns out the individual is going to pay out of pocket.
So...i don't have to go by the "body shops standards" of OEM.
Instead I'm thinking of purchasing one i like and having it installed.
Suggestions? I'd like to know prices. I'm in the Los Angeles area. So it should take into account for paint around the LA area and whatever else there may be.
I'm very open to all suggestions
Thanks!
W8forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MD

Posts: 1,979
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8forMe View Post
Hello everyone! I've been just stealth-ing around these forums for a while...and now here's my first post.
I got rear ended a few days ago. I figure ok, the body shop will replace it with a new OEM rear bumper cover.
Turns out the individual is going to pay out of pocket.
So...i don't have to go by the "body shops standards" of OEM.
Instead I'm thinking of purchasing one i like and having it installed.
Suggestions? I'd like to know prices. I'm in the Los Angeles area. So it should take into account for paint around the LA area and whatever else there may be.
I'm very open to all suggestions
Thanks!
The "out of pocket" won't fly. There will be hidden damage once the cover comes off and the guy will balk at the costs.
ceb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

get m-tech rear!
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
crzylildude
Lieutenant Colonel
 
crzylildude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,565
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
Just go to LTBMW... he will help you figure it out... bring the guy who hit you when you visit LongTran...

LTBMW
5442 Peck Road
El Monte, CA 91732
Phone 626.452.8321
crzylildude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
fenixxishot
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 335i e92 AW MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin

Posts: 513
iTrader: (8)

Yeah I recommend mtech as well. For hidden damage use common sense. You know how hard you were hit take off the bumper and look at the reinforcement bar.
fenixxishot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,711
iTrader: (2)

mtech
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
csquared013
Private
 
Drives: Arctic metallic 2006 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: rochester, new york

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

MTECH!!
csquared013 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
W8forMe
New Member
 
Drives: slow, please w8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
Yeah I recommend mtech as well. For hidden damage use common sense. You know how hard you were hit take off the bumper and look at the reinforcement bar.
Yea, i know the reinforcement bar isn't damaged. A reliable body shop checked it out.
W8forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
W8forMe
New Member
 
Drives: slow, please w8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzylildude View Post
Just go to LTBMW... he will help you figure it out... bring the guy who hit you when you visit LongTran...

LTBMW
5442 Peck Road
El Monte, CA 91732
Phone 626.452.8321
I'll definitely check out LTBMW it's so close to where I am. Thanks!
W8forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Verbatim
Colonel
 
Verbatim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: at the repair shop

Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
pics of the accident. is it just a little bumper damage, or was it more of actually being rear ended.
__________________

2008 BMW 335i Sedan | Sparkling Graphite | Sport | Premium | Navigation | Comfort Access | Logic7
Golf Tee | M3 Spoiler | LED Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Resonator Delete | Black Kidney Grills | Black Finisher Rods | 35%/18% Tint |12mm/20mm (F/R) Spacers | Black Lines


Verbatim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
xquisit
«-·¨¯ʍ̝̊ʙ̝̊¯¨·-»
 
xquisit's Avatar
 
Drives: [2012] 1.8L Turbo
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,123
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to xquisit
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkneiber View Post
pics of the accident. is it just a little bumper damage, or was it more of actually being rear ended.
this
__________________
xquisit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
W8forMe
New Member
 
Drives: slow, please w8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkneiber View Post
pics of the accident. is it just a little bumper damage, or was it more of actually being rear ended.
It's a little bumper damage, i just went with what the shop told me which was to replace the whole cover. Here's pics
The bumper is warped in with the shape of the other car's license plate, and there are two deep holes in the paint where the license plate screws were.
Attached Images
  
W8forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #13
BMWsky
Major
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Webster NY

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (1)

As long as there is no structural damage under the bumper cover, the repair work won't be that bad. If the guy is willing to pay for the repair out of pocket, I'd probably only ask for funds covering OEM replacement and paying for the difference in upgrade out of my own pocket.
BMWsky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
lamj
Assistant (to the) Branch Manager
 
lamj's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92 335i monaco/saddle
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: houston, tx

Posts: 252
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to lamj
pics say more "love tap" than "rearend." bumper looks repairable to me! but if the guy's willing to pay u for a new bumper, i'd go mtech!
__________________
m3 front + fog delete + gp thunder 8500k angel eyes + m3 mirrors + m-tech skirts+ m3 spoiler + lci led tails + weisslicht led license lamps + modmynav backup cam + m-tech rear + 18" staggered gunmetal vmr v701 + lowering perches + m3 wheel + paddle delete + oem alarm + huper optik esc35
lamj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
imperial sloth
witty quote
 
imperial sloth's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 space grey e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 273
iTrader: (5)

mtech! I had some thing simillar to my font end, debating to do the mtech front bumper. I love the look.
imperial sloth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
TwinSnails
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 327
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamj View Post
pics say more "love tap" than "rearend." bumper looks repairable to me! but if the guy's willing to pay u for a new bumper, i'd go mtech!
+1
__________________
E90 - JB4 - Alufelgen CSL - MSport Rear - M3 Front
TwinSnails is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
 
canucklion's Avatar
 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 10,454
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8forMe View Post
It's a little bumper damage, i just went with what the shop told me which was to replace the whole cover. Here's pics
The bumper is warped in with the shape of the other car's license plate, and there are two deep holes in the paint where the license plate screws were.
LOL, so dramatic.
__________________
canucklion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST