E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E9x rear end feels 'floaty'



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #23
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Hey bud,

probably get Nixon automotive to do it. I know it sucks but hey, it's a BMW!
Nixon does good work, but I thought I read somewhere that they only do maintainence work now hope I'm wrong!
Gen_E92 is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #24
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
Nixon does good work, but I thought I read somewhere that they only do maintainence work now hope I'm wrong!
Nope! Just talked to Mike when they installed my LSD. Had no problems with anything i wanted done custom or not. I mentioned the bushings, he said bring her in! I'll have them next week so going in to get that done as well as the first LSD oil change after break in period.
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #25
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Nope! Just talked to Mike when they installed my LSD. Had no problems with anything i wanted done custom or not. I mentioned the bushings, he said bring her in! I'll have them next week so going in to get that done as well as the first LSD oil change after break in period.
Awesome! If your diff is bolted, how much did they charge for LSD install?
Gen_E92 is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
Awesome! If your diff is bolted, how much did they charge for LSD install?
They charged 7 hours for the LSD install and dropping my exhaust and re-doing the gaskets and seals again. Had a leak and i wanted them to re-do the entire thing just to be sure!

And yes, i'm feb 07 production, bolted.
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #27
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
They charged 7 hours for the LSD install and dropping my exhaust and re-doing the gaskets and seals again. Had a leak and i wanted them to re-do the entire thing just to be sure!

And yes, i'm feb 07 production, bolted.
thanks, sounds about right.

I REALLY need a ride in your car after you install those bushings. Must be awesome to have LSD + M3 bushings + Ohlins I'll get there eventually but not for a long time
Gen_E92 is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #28
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,914
iTrader: (29)

M3 subframe bushings will make the car more stable under hard acceleration and deceleration, that is a fact.

I also see another problem with your alignment specs, you had your rear toe at 1/16" per side? That is not enough and will cause some stability issues when accelerating hard and braking as well.

Another area to look at is the oem rear toe links, they come with rather soft bushings and toe setting can change under load and cause stability issues as well.

Let me know if you need to subframe bushing tool.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #29
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Hey Harold,

What would you recommend on the toe settings? Also, i remember seeing the custom toe links (Velocity i believe). Is that what you'd recommend? I'll ask the show about the bushing tool as well.

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
M3 subframe bushings will make the car more stable under hard acceleration and deceleration, that is a fact.

I also see another problem with your alignment specs, you had your rear toe at 1/16" per side? That is not enough and will cause some stability issues when accelerating hard and braking as well.

Another area to look at is the oem rear toe links, they come with rather soft bushings and toe setting can change under load and cause stability issues as well.

Let me know if you need to subframe bushing tool.
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #30
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
thanks, sounds about right.

I REALLY need a ride in your car after you install those bushings. Must be awesome to have LSD + M3 bushings + Ohlins I'll get there eventually but not for a long time
Yes, it's slowly getting there.. Wife will KILL me at this rate... but then again, i'm insured so she's probably looking for an excuse anyways..

For sure man. Once it's all installed, we'll meet up!
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #31
zsapphire7
Colonel
 
zsapphire7's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 2,289
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
M3 subframe bushings will make the car more stable under hard acceleration and deceleration, that is a fact.

I also see another problem with your alignment specs, you had your rear toe at 1/16" per side? That is not enough and will cause some stability issues when accelerating hard and braking as well.

Another area to look at is the oem rear toe links, they come with rather soft bushings and toe setting can change under load and cause stability issues as well.

Let me know if you need to subframe bushing tool.
yup... this is what i was experiencing too under hard braking. Unfortunately my car cant accelerate hard enough to realize any stability issues . Wondering what toe settings you run on the HPA car and what you recommend too
zsapphire7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #32
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,914
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsapphire7 View Post
yup... this is what i was experiencing too under hard braking. Unfortunately my car cant accelerate hard enough to realize any stability issues . Wondering what toe settings you run on the HPA car and what you recommend too
I think I replied to one of your threads on adding a bit more toe in the rear for better stability as well.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #33
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
I think I replied to one of your threads on adding a bit more toe in the rear for better stability as well.
Hey Harold,

What would you recommend on the rear toe setting?
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #34
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,914
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Hey Harold,

What would you recommend on the rear toe setting?
Stick with oem rear toe setting, which is 3/16" in.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #35
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Stick with oem rear toe setting, which is 3/16" in.
I appreciate it! Just sent you a pm about some parts as well!
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2010, 04:20 AM   #36
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Stick with oem rear toe setting, which is 3/16" in.
Harold, I have attached a BMW Dealer 335i Alignment Spec sheet for e92..It lists the target for toe in the rear as 9minutes..which is 1/16inch?..where did u get 3/16?

Name:  E92 Alignment Specs.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  163.8 KB


Toe measurement 1/16 inch or 0.0625 inch = Toe angle 8.95251minutes
Toe measurement 1/8 inch or 0.125 inch = Toe angle 17.9051 minutes
Toe measurement 3/16 inch or 0.1875 inch = Toe angle 26.8578 minutes
Toe measurement inch or 0.25 inch = Toe angle 35.8106 minutes
Toe measurement 5/16 inch or 0.3125 inch = Toe angle 44.7638 minutes
Toe measurement 3/8 inch or 0.375 inch = Toe angle 53.7172 minutes
Toe measurement 7/16 inch or 0.4375 inch = Toe angle 1.04452 degrees
Toe measurement inch or 0.5 inch = Toe angle 1.19375 degrees
Toe measurement 9/16 inch or 0.5625 inch = Toe angle 1.343 degrees
Toe measurement 5/8 inch or 0.625 inch = Toe angle 1.49225 degrees
Toe measurement 11/16 inch or 0.6875 inch = Toe angle 1.64152 degrees
Toe measurement inch or 0.75 inch = Toe angle 1.79079 degrees
Toe measurement 13/16 inch or 0.8125 inch = Toe angle 1.94008 degrees
Toe measurement 7/8 inch or 0.875 inch = Toe angle 2.08938 degrees
Toe measurement 15/16 inch or 0.9375 inch = Toe angle 2.23869 degrees
Toe measurement 1 inch = Toe angle 2.38802 degrees
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #37
techlogik
Major
 
Drives: 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL

Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (1)

While on the M3 Read Subframe bushing, does Tischner have the best price for this?

I can't find a specific price except buried under their other suspension where it mentions for an additional $220, you can add this bushing. And the part number is listed.

When my Koni yellows finally get here from Holland on back order I might as well have the shop throw the bushings on, because the handling has me a little frightened.

I had a 2003 M3...and that thing never scared me...this 335i gets too much yawing under acceleration and torque steering....not a good awe inspiring good feeling that is for sure.

Thanks
__________________
SOLD: 2007 E92 335i Space Gray. Loaded. 6AT | GIAC Stage 1 w/map switcher 330rwhp/332tq | CX Racing IC | Drop-in Filter | Eibach Pro/Koni Yellows | M6 Reps | Toyo Proxes IV Tires, 235/35/19F-265/30/19R
techlogik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #38
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

This is what Evan sent me. Harold at HP Autowerks sells it separately as well. Talk to Harold as he can answer questions and supply other parts to suit your needs!

Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer
They are 33312283382, $64.44 each (require 2), and 33312283383, $64.44 each (require 2) for E90


Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
While on the M3 Read Subframe bushing, does Tischner have the best price for this?

I can't find a specific price except buried under their other suspension where it mentions for an additional $220, you can add this bushing. And the part number is listed.

When my Koni yellows finally get here from Holland on back order I might as well have the shop throw the bushings on, because the handling has me a little frightened.

I had a 2003 M3...and that thing never scared me...this 335i gets too much yawing under acceleration and torque steering....not a good awe inspiring good feeling that is for sure.

Thanks
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #39
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
When my Koni yellows finally get here from Holland on back order I might as well have the shop throw the bushings on, because the handling has me a little frightened.
I know how you feel! I have Ohlins, swift springs, and i'm freaked when i run my car hard. As we speak, i have M3 bushings, control arms and toe arms being installed. See if this makes a difference. I'll update later tonight!
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #40
techlogik
Major
 
Drives: 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL

Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
I know how you feel! I have Ohlins, swift springs, and i'm freaked when i run my car hard. As we speak, i have M3 bushings, control arms and toe arms being installed. See if this makes a difference. I'll update later tonight!
Good stuff, let us know for sure. The first time I jumped on this car while driving it I was like "whoaaaaa" not good!!! WTF is that I thought!!

Report back!
__________________
SOLD: 2007 E92 335i Space Gray. Loaded. 6AT | GIAC Stage 1 w/map switcher 330rwhp/332tq | CX Racing IC | Drop-in Filter | Eibach Pro/Koni Yellows | M6 Reps | Toyo Proxes IV Tires, 235/35/19F-265/30/19R
techlogik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #41
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

car won't be ready today! also curious if you other guys can give me some input on the install of the bushings. The rear subframe has a front and rear setup. The rears go in the same as the 335 ones. The front 335 ones go in from the bottom and the m3 ones go in from the top. Now there is a plate on the front ones. Is there anything else that needs to be done here? Just mount this plate fromt he bottom? no spacers etc needed?

Just checking in for my piece of mind.
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #42
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

What's going on here???? Posts being deleted?? I get an email with the post that was posted here but when I check, it's gone?
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #43
techlogik
Major
 
Drives: 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL

Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
What's going on here???? Posts being deleted?? I get an email with the post that was posted here but when I check, it's gone?
Post evidence of that email....
__________________
SOLD: 2007 E92 335i Space Gray. Loaded. 6AT | GIAC Stage 1 w/map switcher 330rwhp/332tq | CX Racing IC | Drop-in Filter | Eibach Pro/Koni Yellows | M6 Reps | Toyo Proxes IV Tires, 235/35/19F-265/30/19R
techlogik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #44
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Post evidence of that email....
This was one of them.

Dear badass335,

Gen_E92 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - E9x rear end feels 'floaty' - in the Suspension | Brakes | Chassis forum of BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
let me know how long Nixon takes to install these!
***************


There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum
badass335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST