E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Houston: Recommended mechanics/shops/etc



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #67
kymedic25
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '10 535 Platinum Grey
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spring, TX

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightfang View Post
any recommendation of shops on where to get brake calipers painted?
I called motorwerks and they wanted $1200.

Seriously, wtf!
If you decide to DIY, let me know. I have stuff to do mine, just haven't got around to it.
__________________

Jason
Premium, Sport, Stage 1 Eurocharged, OEM M-tech kit, DD CSL trunk lid, Smoked Blacklines, , Cyba 4 inch black chrome exhaust tips, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD, Morr VS8.2
kymedic25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #68
zkansasz
STFU
 
Drives: A horse
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: htown

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Do you prefer to spray or brush?
I've sprayed my 350z calipers and they looked fine. I did the black color one.
zkansasz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #69
bbrf033
bbrf033
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Graphite 6 MT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Houston collision and body work.

if you have a European car, especially a BMW, and need top notch body work, I highly recommend Metropolitan Collision (MCI) on 16th st. one block west of duhram/Shepard. the shop was originally the downtown Advantage BMW shop. since all the Houston area BMW dealerships are under one ownership, they have a consolidated repair center. Andy, the owner, has run the place since it was a BMW shop only. like a good restaurant, a good, involved owner is key to a superior product and customer satisfaction. they are certified by all of the European manufacturers. the place still has it's 90's era BMW artwork adorns the walls and there are no espresso machines or granite counters What they do have is a top notch facility and staff. Even the face of the place, Jennifer, knows the business inside and out. need your calipers painted? please look elsewhere (they will hang a new exhaust or instal SS brake lines, repair rims and stuff while you are in the shop) But, if your airbags went off, I'd have their number handy, and avoid side of the road towing? Do you want to know where ga Ardis and v-10 Carrera GTs to get repaired? This is the place!
bbrf033 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #70
aghakauve
Super Member
 
aghakauve's Avatar
 
Drives: W211 E55
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Ive been using M-Power Auto specialist on all my euro cars.. They are off of Fondren and Westpark area.. I just got an active autowerkes tune from them, great customer service.
__________________
aghakauve is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #71
kymedic25
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '10 535 Platinum Grey
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spring, TX

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrf033 View Post
if you have a European car, especially a BMW, and need top notch body work, I highly recommend Metropolitan Collision (MCI) on 16th st. one block west of duhram/Shepard. the shop was originally the downtown Advantage BMW shop. since all the Houston area BMW dealerships are under one ownership, they have a consolidated repair center. Andy, the owner, has run the place since it was a BMW shop only. like a good restaurant, a good, involved owner is key to a superior product and customer satisfaction. they are certified by all of the European manufacturers. the place still has it's 90's era BMW artwork adorns the walls and there are no espresso machines or granite counters What they do have is a top notch facility and staff. Even the face of the place, Jennifer, knows the business inside and out. need your calipers painted? please look elsewhere (they will hang a new exhaust or instal SS brake lines, repair rims and stuff while you are in the shop) But, if your airbags went off, I'd have their number handy, and avoid side of the road towing? Do you want to know where ga Ardis and v-10 Carrera GTs to get repaired? This is the place!

Metro Collision did one hell of a job on my MTech kit. I'm a fan.
__________________

Jason
Premium, Sport, Stage 1 Eurocharged, OEM M-tech kit, DD CSL trunk lid, Smoked Blacklines, , Cyba 4 inch black chrome exhaust tips, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD, Morr VS8.2
kymedic25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #72
crcrews
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymedic25 View Post
Metro Collision did one hell of a job on my MTech kit. I'm a fan.
I need to have my M-Sport front bumper painted any ball park on what they would charge?
crcrews is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #73
kymedic25
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '10 535 Platinum Grey
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spring, TX

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcrews View Post
I need to have my M-Sport front bumper painted any ball park on what they would charge?
I don't. Call Matt at Metro and ask him to give you a quote. They are reasonable when it comes to paint.
__________________

Jason
Premium, Sport, Stage 1 Eurocharged, OEM M-tech kit, DD CSL trunk lid, Smoked Blacklines, , Cyba 4 inch black chrome exhaust tips, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD, Morr VS8.2
kymedic25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #74
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymedic25 View Post
I don't. Call Matt at Metro and ask him to give you a quote. They are reasonable when it comes to paint.
+1, they specialize in BMW's and have half a dozen M cars in there daily.
__________________
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #75
alex76
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 330 06
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

silly question: Why we dont go to dealershop for "peace of mind" even though their charge would be a little bit heck of ridiculous? How much cheaper compare from these shops to dealershop?
Thanks.
alex76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #76
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
^engrish?
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #77
dcho
Captain
 
Drives: SGM 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 948
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex76 View Post
silly question: Why we dont go to dealershop for "peace of mind" even though their charge would be a little bit heck of ridiculous? How much cheaper compare from these shops to dealershop?
Thanks.
hi guy we recommend metropolitan collision because it is the good one. it is where the bmw dealership guy send car to get fixing. price are very able to reason in specially because car work is great quality to attention and detail.
__________________
dcho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #78
alex76
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 330 06
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
^engrish?
only you ....lmao
alex76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #79
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex76 View Post
only you ....lmao
ok, keep going to the dealershop even though they're little bit heck of ridiculous
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #80
zkansasz
STFU
 
Drives: A horse
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: htown

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
^engrish?
lol is this the same Bryce on crsx?
zkansasz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #81
bryce
Banned
 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkansasz View Post
lol is this the same Bryce on crsx?
bryce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #82
alex76
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 330 06
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

That's alright dude... Money just a paper
alex76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #83
chrisss1k
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roma, Italia

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

I can vouch for Motorwerks! They did a pre-purchase inspection on my 335i, and so far the car runs great! They are very knowledgeable, and I bet they are the best 3rd party (esp. for modifications) in Houston, but they charge ALOT! :P

I'm going back to them Thursday for a 4 wheel alignment. They are actually doing it for 125, whereas the dealer does it for 200 and other good 3rd parties do it for around 150.

I'm also going to Keyautowerks to inspect my suspension to make sure nothing is broken since Houston's pot-hole ridden streets are making me paranoid. I will probably have them do an all round inspection to see if there's anything I can take to the dealer and get covered by that meager CPO.

I will definitely write a review about how my experience is with both of these places!

Good luck guys and happy holidays
chrisss1k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #84
thread killer
Banned
 
Drives: faster then your car
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pulling away

Posts: 472
iTrader: (3)

Howdy folks,

I started my own business, Advanced B M W Repair.

I'm a 10 year BMW master BMW mechanic, and I'm trained on everything current, including hybrid, F01, new 6 series and X3.


I'm out of the dealership now, and have partnered up with ///M Performance up on the north side of houston. I'm trying to make it on my own and pass the savings on to you! I'm at 17545 Kuykendahl Rd in spring.... just below Louetta.


i can do *ANYTHING* that the dealer can do, other than charge you an arm and a leg!

Coding? No problem.

Maintenance? Easy!

The dreaded evaporator leak on these cars? I'll have it back to you in the same day.

Panoramic roof on your SAV causing you issues? I'm trained on those as well, they are easy to fix.

Want some big brakes put on? Done.

Need an alignment that is custom for YOUR car? We have a IN FLOOR alignment machine- I DARE you to bring the lowest car you own- nothing scrapes on this machine!

Exhaust? Bolt on or custom, it's up to you.

I'm the same technician that was at the dealer, using the same BMW parts (it has the same BMW 2 year/unlimited parts and labor warranty), why not keep the difference in money and get to know your mechanic?

I can do race prep, race support, and fabrication.
Its 7PM and tomorrow you have to be at Texas World Speedway, and NO one is around to help you put your new radiator in...... call me


Trailers and wreckers have room to unload in the street, or in the driveway. I just had a 32' enclosed trailer on my superduty yesterday there. No issue.

///M Performance is a full body shop too, so if you had a boo-boo on the road, we can take care of it in one stop. Gated and secured, you have no issues here.

Bring me a written estimate from any Houston BMW dealer, and I personally GUARANTEE to beat it. If not, I give you a gift card.

Let me know if I can be your dealership alternative on the north side. I promise you won't find a better mechanic in Houston.
Alex
832-797-9114
advancedbimmerrepair.com

Last edited by thread killer; 12-21-2011 at 02:50 PM.
thread killer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #85
chrisss1k
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roma, Italia

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

This sounds really convincing,

Expect a call soon, especially when I start going crazy with the mods after my warranty expires.
I'll bring you a Jb4 and a Stett CAI. How much would you charge for that?

After that happens, I'd love to spread the word!

Good luck and happy holidays bro!

-Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by thread killer View Post
Howdy folks,

I started my own business, Advanced B M W Repair.

I'm a 10 year BMW master BMW mechanic, and I'm trained on everything current, including hybrid, F01, new 6 series and X3.


I'm out of the dealership now, and have partnered up with ///M Performance up on the north side of houston. I'm trying to make it on my own and pass the savings on to you! I'm at 17545 Kuykendahl Rd in spring.... just below Louetta.


i can do *ANYTHING* that the dealer can do, other than charge you an arm and a leg!

Coding? No problem.

Maintenance? Easy!

The dreaded evaporator leak on these cars? I'll have it back to you in the same day.

Panoramic roof on your SAV causing you issues? I'm trained on those as well, they are easy to fix.

Want some big brakes put on? Done.

Need an alignment that is custom for YOUR car? We have a IN FLOOR alignment machine- I DARE you to bring the lowest car you own- nothing scrapes on this machine!

Exhaust? Bolt on or custom, it's up to you.

I'm the same technician that was at the dealer, using the same BMW parts (it has the same BMW 2 year/unlimited parts and labor warranty), why not keep the difference in money and get to know your mechanic?

I can do race prep, race support, and fabrication.
Its 7PM and tomorrow you have to be at Texas World Speedway, and NO one is around to help you put your new radiator in...... call me


Trailers and wreckers have room to unload in the street, or in the driveway. I just had a 32' enclosed trailer on my superduty yesterday there. No issue.

///M Performance is a full body shop too, so if you had a boo-boo on the road, we can take care of it in one stop. Gated and secured, you have no issues here.

Bring me a written estimate from any Houston BMW dealer, and I personally GUARANTEE to beat it. If not, I give you a gift card.

Let me know if I can be your dealership alternative on the north side. I promise you won't find a better mechanic in Houston.
Alex
832-797-9114
chrisss1k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #86
zkansasz
STFU
 
Drives: A horse
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: htown

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Just called bavarianmachine

The woman doesnt even know what DRL is
And they quoted me 140 for turning off DRL, ouch
zkansasz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #87
thread killer
Banned
 
Drives: faster then your car
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pulling away

Posts: 472
iTrader: (3)

i could turn them off.....


or pull the bulbs and remove the check control message
thread killer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #88
zkansasz
STFU
 
Drives: A horse
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: htown

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thread killer View Post
i could turn them off.....


or pull the bulbs and remove the check control message
I have the older model (e46m3) so I cant just turn off.
I can unplug them but it throws an indicator on my dash
And I want to have the Flash to pass option
zkansasz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST