E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPod Adapter

08-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #23
kongquistador

Drives: 2006 325i sedan

I finally installed the ipod interface 65110439429 and contrary to what I read, it does charge the iphone 3g. It even charges my iPhone 4. The only downside is that I have to get my car coded for it to work. If anyone knows a shop in New York that can code the car for less than the dealers, please let me know. The dealers here want way too much. I was quoted 2 hours of labor at $135 an hour!
      08-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
kongquistador

Coding did not work

I went to garage with autologic and they attempted to code my car for the iPod interface but it didn't work. I have a 2006 325 with navi idrive. Could it be that my computer needs to be updated before they code for the iPod? I need help. My options are still the same in the entertainment menu. No cd1 cd2 or anything.
      09-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
kongquistador

Finally

So I finally got my car coded correctly and my iPod interface is working. It sounds great! It works great with my iPhone 4 and it loads pretty fast, I don't have that many songs on it though. It is so much better than burning MP3 cds only to hear the songs skip all the time. If the coding doesn't work at first the dealer will try to tell you that there maybe something wrong with the installation, however if you still have sound coming from your stereo and there is power to your iPod when you connect it then your installation is correct. The installation is actually basic when you think about it. The green and the black wires add the interface to the fiber optic loop and the red and brown wire are for the power.
      03-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #26
CrimsonIvy35i
Captain

Drives: X6 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongquistador View Post
So I finally got my car coded correctly and my iPod interface is working. It sounds great! It works great with my iPhone 4 and it loads pretty fast, I don't have that many songs on it though. It is so much better than burning MP3 cds only to hear the songs skip all the time. If the coding doesn't work at first the dealer will try to tell you that there maybe something wrong with the installation, however if you still have sound coming from your stereo and there is power to your iPod when you connect it then your installation is correct. The installation is actually basic when you think about it. The green and the black wires add the interface to the fiber optic loop and the red and brown wire are for the power.
How much did you pay for installation. And where do you connect the ipod? In your glovebox?