E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > JBD (diesel) NOW Available!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #45
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

Bump for the JBD!

In stock and ready to ship at www.n54tuning.com

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #46
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Mike,

I am still kicking this around... Are you selling the JBD with the new chip that mitigates the SES lights?
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #47
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Mike,

I am still kicking this around... Are you selling the JBD with the new chip that mitigates the SES lights?
Yes we have the latest one. Are you referring to the CanTool?

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #48
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Yes we have the latest one. Are you referring to the CanTool?

Mike
Errr, not sure,,, I read where Terry tested and is now selling a new version of the JBD that all but eliminated the SES light even at 100%, no mention of the CanTool. I heard current owners can upgrade the older version of the JBD by swapping out the chip for like $7?

Terry @ BMS
Tuner Posts: 21,614
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: terry@burgertuning.com
Car: 135i, 335i, X5D
Tuner: BMS

04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since we had any diesel updates. We had our 2010 X5D updated to the latest DME software a month ago and noticed the JBD started trigger the 4674 tuner code much easier than it used to with the older firmware. You'll know if you have this code as it displays an SES light. It doesn't effect performance, but is quite annoying.

It took a little work but we worked up a new JBD firmware that does not trigger it even at 100%. So if anyone is triggering that code just email us and we can send you a little update chip with the new firmware for testing. Once we verify the firmware is good to go those who want to update can do so for $7. The cost of the chip and postage.

Last edited by cssnms; 06-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #49
EMC
rallyroad.net
 
Drives: MCoupe, Turbo E36 Vert
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Errr, not sure,,, I read where Terry tested and is now selling a new version of the JBD that all but eliminated the SES light even at 100%, no mention of the CanTool. I heard current owners can upgrade the older version of the JBD by swapping out the chip for like $7?

Terry @ BMS
Tuner Posts: 21,614
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: terry@burgertuning.com
Car: 135i, 335i, X5D
Tuner: BMS

04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since we had any diesel updates. We had our 2010 X5D updated to the latest DME software a month ago and noticed the JBD started trigger the 4674 tuner code much easier than it used to with the older firmware. You'll know if you have this code as it displays an SES light. It doesn't effect performance, but is quite annoying.

It took a little work but we worked up a new JBD firmware that does not trigger it even at 100%. So if anyone is triggering that code just email us and we can send you a little update chip with the new firmware for testing. Once we verify the firmware is good to go those who want to update can do so for $7. The cost of the chip and postage.

I have one of the new JBD's in my car...bought right from Terry to ensure it was the latest and greatest version. On the max setting, I would still get the SES light and car would go into limp mode. Talked to Terry via email and he said to turn it down to 80 percent instead of 100. No more limp mode, but I sure got spoiled by the extra little increase in power. Once you have it, it's difficult to give it up. The car is still incredible though...even on "8" instead of "10".
EMC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #50
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMC View Post
I have one of the new JBD's in my car...bought right from Terry to ensure it was the latest and greatest version. On the max setting, I would still get the SES light and car would go into limp mode. Talked to Terry via email and he said to turn it down to 80 percent instead of 100. No more limp mode, but I sure got spoiled by the extra little increase in power. Once you have it, it's difficult to give it up. The car is still incredible though...even on "8" instead of "10".
Interesting,,,, thank you for the feedback. I have not heard any reports of the JBD (old or new) putting the car in limp mode; SES light, yes. Interesting the new firmware is still throwing a code to trigger the SES light, when BMS claims it has eliminated that issue even at 100%. Curious, what year is your car?
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #51
EMC
rallyroad.net
 
Drives: MCoupe, Turbo E36 Vert
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Interesting,,,, thank you for the feedback. I have not heard any reports of the JBD (old or new) putting the car in limp mode; SES light, yes. Interesting the new firmware is still throwing a code to trigger the SES light, when BMS claims it has eliminated that issue even at 100%. Curious, what year is your car?
2010 335d
EMC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #52
f00dstamps
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to f00dstamps
I have a 2010 turned up to 100% and have not had any errors show up.
f00dstamps is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #53
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00dstamps View Post
I have a 2010 turned up to 100% and have not had any errors show up.
Thanks. Do you have the new firmware version or the old version?
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #54
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

Bump for the JBD...

Latest firmware loaded and in stock

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #55
f00dstamps
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to f00dstamps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Thanks. Do you have the new firmware version or the old version?
How do I check the firmware version and know which one is current? I purchased mine in early March.
f00dstamps is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #56
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00dstamps View Post
How do I check the firmware version and know which one is current? I purchased mine in early March.
Then you have the old firmware. Terry started testing the new firmware out in March and it wasn't made available to the public until like late April or May. The chip in the new one has an "x" on it I believe. You can buy the new chip for $7 from Terry, but if you haven't had an issue throwing codes or SES light then why bother.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #57
f00dstamps
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to f00dstamps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Then you have the old firmware. Terry started testing the new firmware out in March and it wasn't made available to the public until like late April or May. The chip in the new one has an "x" on it I believe. You can buy the new chip for $7 from Terry, but if you haven't had an issue throwing codes or SES light then why bother.
I'm kind of curious what he changed. Maybe he can just send me the code and I can flash it myself.

I'm not sure why some cars behave differently than others.
f00dstamps is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #58
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00dstamps View Post
I'm kind of curious what he changed. Maybe he can just send me the code and I can flash it myself.

Not sure, but from what I understand the update was strictly related to the JBD triggering SES lights. Hit Terry up on the N54 Tech forum, he has a JBD sticky up. As for flashing it yourself, that's not an option, but he will sell you the new chip for $7, but if you are not triggering any SES lights sounds like you don't need it.

I'm not sure why some cars behave differently than others.

Yea I wonder
^
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #59
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

In stock and ready to ship at www.n54tuning.com

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #60
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

Bump for the JBD!

In stock and ready to ship at www.n54tuning.com

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #61
norcal_cyclist
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rancho Cordova

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1999 BMW 323i  [0.00]
Bump for an awesome box.. it completely rid me of the lag at initial throttle tip in.
norcal_cyclist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #62
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmwerks View Post
Bump for an awesome box.. it completely rid me of the lag at initial throttle tip in.
Glad you're enjoying the tune

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #63
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,583
iTrader: (86)

Bump for the JBD!

In stock and ready to ship at www.n54tuning.com

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #64
bennyyko2013
Enlisted Member
 
bennyyko2013's Avatar
 
Drives: E91
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Will it work on 320D (184ps performance power kit retrofit 200ps)
__________________
2010 E91 320D LCI ALPINE WHITE, PERFORMANCE POWER KIT, PERFORMANCE BRAKE KITS, OEM M3 MIRROR WITH POWER FOLDING OPTION, M AERO PACKAGE, PERFORMANCE FRONT BUMPER CARBON FIBER LIPS N REAR CARBON FIBER DIFFUSER, FULL CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM KIT, OEM ALPINE HIFI RETRO KIT, KONI 1130 W/ H&R SPORTS SPRING,
EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, OEM 19" WHEEL STYLE 230 & M225
bennyyko2013 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #65
turbo335d
Registered
 
Drives: 2010 335D
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chandler

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Placed order

placed an order for JBD (Diesel) and Scan tool

/bump
turbo335d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST