E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Euro-Spec E92 - Amber LED in Headlight



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
EastCoast335i
Colonel
 
EastCoast335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 2,069
iTrader: (4)

Euro-Spec E92 - Amber LED in Headlight

Hi,
Just a quick question for our Euro-Spec E92 members...
Do you guys have this Amber LED light active on your 335 E92's?
SEE PIC:
Name:  Amber LED.jpg
Views: 3227
Size:  42.6 KB

If not, can you tell if there is a LED located there on your Euro-Spec E92's that is just inactive?
Thanks
EastCoast335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
tofu-
Banned
 
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nyc

Posts: 2,858
iTrader: (4)

Bump. I would like to know this info as well
tofu- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
BudVlad
Old Geezer
 
BudVlad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
In Europe side marker (parking) light can’t be amber. It must be clear.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BudVlad is offline   Czech_Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
tofu-
Banned
 
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nyc

Posts: 2,858
iTrader: (4)

but do you have the single LED in addition to the parking lights?

i believe it is called a "city light"
tofu- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,447
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
you can get it coded off:
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
BudVlad
Old Geezer
 
BudVlad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
but do you have the single LED in addition to the parking lights?

i believe it is called a "city light"
There is no additional light. The AE has low intensity for parking light and high intensity for daylight driving light.
__________________
BudVlad is offline   Czech_Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
tofu-
Banned
 
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nyc

Posts: 2,858
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudVlad View Post
There is no additional light. The AE has low intensity for parking light and high intensity for daylight driving light.
thank you! this is exactly what i needed to know.

was wondering if the LED needs to be physically snipped to disable it, or if it can be coded out.

tried adjusting sidemarker_us and completely switching to euro regional settings, neither of which turned the LED off.
tofu- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
Hulivili
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 328xi coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

I moved to Switzerland and my E92 from Canada did not pass the Swiss inspection because of the amber LED in headlights.

My BMW garage says that there is no was to unplug it, change the bulbs, or reprogram anything...the only way is to change the whole light system - with a cost of $3500 USD!

What about this coding off? Should a BMW garage be able to do that??
Hulivili is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
BudVlad
Old Geezer
 
BudVlad's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulivili View Post
I moved to Switzerland and my E92 from Canada did not pass the Swiss inspection because of the amber LED in headlights.

My BMW garage says that there is no was to unplug it, change the bulbs, or reprogram anything...the only way is to change the whole light system - with a cost of $3500 USD!

What about this coding off? Should a BMW garage be able to do that??
I don’t think you have to get new headlights. I have European E92 now but I brought another car from Canada. I passed the inspection by cutting wire for the amber parking light. European E92 is using AE for parking light.
Another think you have to do is paint over the side reflector on the front fender and change to European light switch to get rear fog light.
__________________
BudVlad is offline   Czech_Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
Hulivili
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 328xi coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

I'm now in the middle of the US to EU spec-hassle....

I already ordered 2.hand EU frontlights but I was wondering about "all the amber" in the front - it is just not the corner (parking) light that is amber. The front indicator light is also amber continuously...does the car have to be reprogrammed in order to shut down the "continuous amber" in the indicators..??
Hulivili is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
m@rco
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulivili View Post
I'm now in the middle of the US to EU spec-hassle....

I already ordered 2.hand EU frontlights but I was wondering about "all the amber" in the front - it is just not the corner (parking) light that is amber. The front indicator light is also amber continuously...does the car have to be reprogrammed in order to shut down the "continuous amber" in the indicators..??
There is a discussion around this topic going on on the englishforum.ch. I'm in the middle of the same crap...
m@rco is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
gahbouch
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston

Posts: 142
iTrader: (1)

Any news on this?
gahbouch is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST