E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > What did you do during delivery?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2007, 04:43 AM   #1
azbmw
Private First Class
1
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: rickshaw
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

What did you do during delivery?

While searching this forum for a delivery checklist I found the following:
http://www.x5world.com/articles/x5/g...checklist.html
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...age=2&p=232427

When you took delivery did you do the many things on these checklists?

1- Did you take a test drive before finishing delivery?
2- Did you request a Port Check (in transit damage report) from your dealer to see if there was any repaire damage?
3- Did you check every little detail; fan operation (all speeds), blinkers, headlights, power seats (all directions for both seats), power mirrors, etc...
4- Did you do any of the other ideas listed on those links?

Is there anything else you recommended to do at delivery?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
JamieA
Colonel
JamieA's Avatar
Australia
28
Rep
2,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
I couldn't wait to get in and drive the thing. All that stuff is fixable by warranty. I did a quick inspection, got given my presents from the dealer had a quick tour of the vehicle, then I was off to drive a nice curvaceous road!

BTW - I am not known for my patience...
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
44
Rep
3,122
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Dam, i would be to excited to do any checking, id jus get in and drive the car. However id check if the shipment spacers were removed by dealer. Dam those things can damage the suspension and all parts connected.(Happened to a friend)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
soma4u
First Lieutenant
soma4u's Avatar
4
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

did a quick inspection...dealer was yammering away about about something for 10 minutes or so. Didn't hear one word! Just wanted to get the hell out of there
__________________
'07 E92 335I--RECEIVED 11/28!
'06 4-RUNNER SPORT ED
'04 G-35 COUPE (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
STE92VE's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
6,264
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

I plan on doing PCD...they spend about 2 hours going over all the features of your car.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Hawkshaw
Major
Hawkshaw's Avatar
Canada
19
Rep
1,013
Posts

 
Drives: X3 xDrive28i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Signed some papers, did a walk around the exterior, went over a few features with my sales person, drove it off the lot. I was there about 45 minutes.

Was back the next day for a couple of detailing issues (chrome trim wasn't cleaned properly, intrument panel glass had some adhesive on it), but was in and out in 5 minutes.
__________________
Paul
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
IrvRobinson
Banned
IrvRobinson's Avatar
16
Rep
731
Posts

 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

All that's really necessary is a walkaround to inspect for any chips or other damage.The functions of the vehicle are completely covered !
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
azbmw
Private First Class
1
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: rickshaw
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Thanks all. I am very excited and cant imagine going over the car in such great detail as is mentioned on those links.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbmw
Thanks all. I am very excited and cant imagine going over the car in such great detail as is mentioned on those links.

just chill! Do the basics as others suggested and enjoy the delivery! Trust me you'd be too darn excited to think about some silly convulated list. Do remember to bring your camera. Do remember to look over all relevant paperwork and you might want to bug your CA for last minute freebies
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
teknochild's Avatar
37
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

the only super important things i see are looking for damage, paint imperfections most evrything else is a warranty issue and will be fixed regardless if you drive off or not
__________________
RAWRrrrr
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,517
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

I've had my car almost 6 weeks now, and I still haven't checked half the things you mention. All the fan speeds??? I don't know how to use the rain sensing wipers because my car still has never seen rain, and when I washed it, the wipers did not turn on. I'm not worried as others have pointed out, things should be under warranty if they don't work. Since my car had 4 miles on it, I assumed it was not damaged as I didn't see any.

It's just one of those things, I think common sense prevails. Since delivery of vehicles is happening every day across the country, it has to be reasonable. My CA went on for about 40 min. going over every feature. I didn't mind. Funny, no mention of the wipers!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
FIREBALLER's Avatar
1
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Coupe--yeah baby!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbmw
Thanks all. I am very excited and cant imagine going over the car in such great detail as is mentioned on those links.

Which BMW dealership are you using?

They seem to be pretty organized at North Scottsdale......just get that car and start driving!
__________________
335 Coupe--Space Grey--Grey Poplar Wood Trim--Grey Leather--Comfort Access--Premium--Sport--Navi--Paddle shifters--Sirius Sat.--no need for Cold Weather Package in Arizona! --Delivered 1/21/07

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #13
beemah
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
612
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

yus yus - everything is covered. the only issue that comes by is if your returning a lease in for a bmw.

also forget not, the floor mats.

kidding
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #14
Smalldog
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Goodyear, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALLER
Which BMW dealership are you using?

They seem to be pretty organized at North Scottsdale......just get that car and start driving!
I did a few test drives at North Scottsdale.. But they would not give me a good deal on my trade ('06 Sequoia Ltd 4x4) so I went to Chapman. Same price, and more for my trade.

My car is in on Maersk Tide, and should be in port on 1/29.

Smalldog
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #15
beemah
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
612
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

very nice mateys - get your cars soon and drive away to glory
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #16
JamieA
Colonel
JamieA's Avatar
Australia
28
Rep
2,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
I am glad I wasn't the only irresponsible one just clutching at the keys and waiting to get the hell outta the dealership and onto the road!
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
beemah
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
612
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

yea, very true. cant wait to get on the road to truly enjoy yourself after you pick your car up.

the only thing to worry about is to check with your insurance folks so your policy is active the day you pick the car up.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
JamieA
Colonel
JamieA's Avatar
Australia
28
Rep
2,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemah
yea, very true. cant wait to get on the road to truly enjoy yourself after you pick your car up.

the only thing to worry about is to check with your insurance folks so your policy is active the day you pick the car up.
Very good point
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #19
beemah
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
612
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

good nighty folks....the courage is close to Zebrugge Belgium.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #20
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
FIREBALLER's Avatar
1
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Coupe--yeah baby!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalldog
I did a few test drives at North Scottsdale.. But they would not give me a good deal on my trade ('06 Sequoia Ltd 4x4) so I went to Chapman. Same price, and more for my trade.

My car is in on Maersk Tide, and should be in port on 1/29.

Smalldog
Awesome! What are the specs of your coupe?

After the service my wife and I received at the Chapman's I'll never go back!

They're real professional @ N. Scottsdale. I wish there were more selection in the Phx area....
__________________
335 Coupe--Space Grey--Grey Poplar Wood Trim--Grey Leather--Comfort Access--Premium--Sport--Navi--Paddle shifters--Sirius Sat.--no need for Cold Weather Package in Arizona! --Delivered 1/21/07

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #21
Smalldog
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Goodyear, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALLER
Awesome! What are the specs of your coupe?

After the service my wife and I received at the Chapman's I'll never go back!

They're real professional @ N. Scottsdale. I wish there were more selection in the Phx area....
Space Grey/Black Dakota Leather/Brushed Aluminum
6MT
Sport Package
Performance Package
Cold Weather Package
Navigation
Satellite Radio

The CA said he would throw in tint and floor mats. I doubt I will ever have the car serviced there as I live in Goodyear, and North Scottsdale is located right off the 101.

A few guys I work with take their cars into North Scottsdale and get them washed for free. They didn't even buy their cars there! I don't know if that's common for BMW dealers, but I will go there anyway..

I can't really say that I have been impressed with Chapman.. My CA doesn't really seem to helpful in tracking the vehicle, but I figured everything out on my own.

I called last week to get the final figures for the car and what I would be looking at as far as lease payments (based on January's figures) and can't even do that on their own, they have to talk to someone else to have them run the numbers... At North Scottsdale, the CA's can do everything from their desk. I would really like to have bought from there (probably would have taken delivery by now!), but I felt they were screwing me on my trade...

I look forward to the day I get into my new car.. Hopefully it's not after scuba diving in Mexico for 3 weeks. The dealer thinks it *might* come in the day before I leave..

Smalldog
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 01:52 AM   #22
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
FIREBALLER's Avatar
1
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Coupe--yeah baby!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalldog
Space Grey/Black Dakota Leather/Brushed Aluminum
6MT
Sport Package
Performance Package
Cold Weather Package
Navigation
Satellite Radio

The CA said he would throw in tint and floor mats. I doubt I will ever have the car serviced there as I live in Goodyear, and North Scottsdale is located right off the 101.

A few guys I work with take their cars into North Scottsdale and get them washed for free. They didn't even buy their cars there! I don't know if that's common for BMW dealers, but I will go there anyway..

I can't really say that I have been impressed with Chapman.. My CA doesn't really seem to helpful in tracking the vehicle, but I figured everything out on my own.

I called last week to get the final figures for the car and what I would be looking at as far as lease payments (based on January's figures) and can't even do that on their own, they have to talk to someone else to have them run the numbers... At North Scottsdale, the CA's can do everything from their desk. I would really like to have bought from there (probably would have taken delivery by now!), but I felt they were screwing me on my trade...

I look forward to the day I get into my new car.. Hopefully it's not after scuba diving in Mexico for 3 weeks. The dealer thinks it *might* come in the day before I leave..

Smalldog
Hey our coupes are real similar..........the wait is excruciating...haven't seen too many coupes on the road out here...........
__________________
335 Coupe--Space Grey--Grey Poplar Wood Trim--Grey Leather--Comfort Access--Premium--Sport--Navi--Paddle shifters--Sirius Sat.--no need for Cold Weather Package in Arizona! --Delivered 1/21/07

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST