E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > cant decide between the two.

08-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
JayReplay
Major

Drives: E46 M3 6MT Sunroof Delete

I would go for the Cayman. It's truly a fun car that is much different from the 335i you are coming from. It's true the M3 is well an M car (handling, power, more comfort features), but I am in the same boat as you and would not want a M3 due to its overall "similarity" with other 3 series.

Have you looked into used 997s?

Oxford Green E46 M3 - Current - 6MT, Sunroof Delete, KW V2, Turner Camber Plates & Brake Ducts,
OEM ZCPs (Street), Volk TE37s (Track), Paino Black Trim, Dinan SSK, ZHP Knob, Umnitza AEs
      08-31-2010, 11:56 PM   #24
woner
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '11 LMB 135i DCT

I traded an '06 Cayman S for my 135i. I chose a 1 over the cayman, so I would obviously choose an m3. It really depends on your needs/wants. The cayman will be more exclusive, and the power with the tpc turbo is supposed to be awesome..but if you plan on keeping the car for more than a couple of years idk if I would go with that. A guy in my town had the engine in his cayman turbo blow up on him at the track.

The m3 is designed to have the power and is more practical as a street car.