E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Got some OEM Alarm Questions that might help alot of people here =D

01-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #1
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Drives: LTMW

Got some OEM Alarm Questions that might help alot of people here =D

So, I'm going to get the OEM Alarm System installed tomorrow.
After it's installed, I plan to wire up a double guard shock sensor (Thanks to BILLMISTER (forum member), for helping me out with this)

http://www.autotechs.com/items/item246.htm

Questions are:

1. When the alarm is active, and I lose my key (s), but have the SPARE KEY (a black werid shaped key that only allows you to open the door) how do I go about shutting the system off?

2. When I go to the dealer, do I have to give them ALL of my keys to be programmed? Or...are they already configured for the alarm and isn't neccesary for the installation.

3. What else do I need to bring to the dealer when I drop off my car? They didn't tell me anything...but to drop the car off at 10 AM and leave it there untill the end of the day.

Yeah, so if anyone can help that'll be great. When I get everything done with the shock guard installed, I'll try to put togehter a DIY for you guys.
      01-11-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
JoJoGunn
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: ****

Smile

for Answer...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

auuugh...no answers?...
      01-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsesxaznx
So, I'm going to get the OEM Alarm System installed tomorrow.
After it's installed, I plan to wire up a double guard shock sensor (Thanks to BILLMISTER (forum member), for helping me out with this)

http://www.autotechs.com/items/item246.htm

Questions are:

1. When the alarm is active, and I lose my key (s), but have the SPARE KEY (a black werid shaped key that only allows you to open the door) how do I go about shutting the system off?

2. When I go to the dealer, do I have to give them ALL of my keys to be programmed? Or...are they already configured for the alarm and isn't neccesary for the installation.

3. What else do I need to bring to the dealer when I drop off my car? They didn't tell me anything...but to drop the car off at 10 AM and leave it there untill the end of the day.

Yeah, so if anyone can help that'll be great. When I get everything done with the shock guard installed, I'll try to put togehter a DIY for you guys.
#1 I want to know too.
#2 You do not need to bring all keys.
#3 Just your check book or credit card, or cash.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
DrPowers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2006 325i

1. I think it will go off... not sure how to disengage it without the remote
2. The programming is done on the car itself only
3. you dont need anything else
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

okay thanks for the answers. I just dropped my car off at the dealer and they said it'll take THE WHOLE DAY to install the alarm.....ANDDDDDDDD!! it might go into tomorrow!! WHAT THEEE!!!....

okay well anyways, here are the answers:

ANSWER: In the manual there are instructions on what to do with the spare black key that goes into the driver side door to deactivate the alarm...so there is a way to deactivate it.

ANSWER: Keys are already configured for alarm and you only need to give them 1 key.

ANSWER: Key and you pay when you get your car back. Also, ask them for a discount they'll always give you 10%...ask the service guy and if you want additional money off...ask the dealer who you bought the car from. =]

Some more information: Since the OEM alarm doesn't have shock guard...the part I listed above will make it shock proof...but the dealer does not install any aftermarket parts. In short, NOT BMW = No Install.

Hope this helps some of you.
      01-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #7
billmister
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i

Send a message via AIM to billmister
Quote:
Questions are:

Hey what's up man, i'm at work so i'll post what i can, I have another PM from another member requesting help, i'm sorry i haven't answered yet, work is crazy, hope this helps you out xsex.:

1-well this never happend to me. I think you would have to ask your dealership or maybe manual has some info... I don't get my new car until tomorrow.

2-What i did is purchase the alarm from my dealer, my brother installed it and took him about 23 minutes. After that i took it to my dealer to get it flashed. they take care of that part. Now what they charge you is up to them. Some say $100 american dollars, others more, others less. Labor time. And I did not have to give them any of my keys. Just my regular that i drive with because they need to get into the car. all your other keys are not necesary.

3-Bring nothing... Maybe a snack lol. All i did was bring it in on any day early 7am. And told them to flash it for me. This way they rush a bit and dont tell me, they spent all day on my car, when it doesn't take that long. Another thing also, after they flashed my car when i drove off my door didn't automatically lock after 5mph so i turned back and told them that they dissables that. they put it into the shop and it was out in less than 10 minutes. All was well after that.

Hope this helps a bit. Tonight i will post more and reply to the PM that i recieved. Another thing for the stinger, i didn't get to see the shortcut to the web page you posted but install the stinger DEI in the back of the glovebox. Many have gained more accuracy from doint it this method than under the hood. I'll look for the post... the thing is since i'm not a memeber of e46fanatics anymore, i can't use there search function. Search around, many people use under the hood but one thread talked about putting it in back of the glove department. That's the method that's really good. Let us know. I will most likely do it as well since i have an extra one at home that was supposed to be installed on my moms x5. Curious to see if it works well with the e9x's..... it should
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

ay wsup man. Thanks for the answers! I posted my answers right above yours when I got my car back. Yeah, total was about 540, installed and programmed. They did a great job considering there was a whole bunch of cars in service that day. I',m waiting for the shock sensor to arrive....then I really need your help man. I dont want to bother you THAT much, but for this part I need help lol.

Okay, I'll PM you later.
Thanks bro.
      01-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #9
billmister
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i

Send a message via AIM to billmister
Quote:
ay wsup man. Thanks for the answers! I posted my answers right above yours when I got my car back. Yeah, total was about 540, installed and programmed. They did a great job considering there was a whole bunch of cars in service that day. I',m waiting for the shock sensor to arrive....then I really need your help man. I dont want to bother you THAT much, but for this part I need help lol.

Okay, I'll PM you later.
Thanks bro.
No problem dude i'll be happy to help!:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank Send a message via Skype™ to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ
#1 I want to know too.
#2 You do not need to bring all keys.
#3 Just your check book or credit card, or cash.
...and first born son.
Quaife ATB LSD Short Shift Knob Hartge Anti-Roll Bars AP Racing Front Brakes 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0