E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Alpine upgrade conflicts with BMW Carkitt

09-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
kinglexus
Registered

Drives: new e90 mSport Wagon

Alpine upgrade conflicts with BMW Carkitt

Hi Forum,

I've just received my new MSport E90 Wagon. Beautiful Car.
As an extra the dealer and I agreed that they would build in the original Alpine upgrade from BMW. It has an Professional Nav on Board.

The problem now is after the upgrade if you make a phone call you can hardly hear the person on the other end. My dealer looked into it and came back that's it a know issue at BMW Munchen!!! Because of the upgrade the sound can only go through the hi-end speakers on the front left side of the Car. Sub woofer is being passed over due to some new frequency regulators.

So, it's an official statement (I've got the letter from BMW) by BMW this is a well known problem and they will not come-up with a technical solution in the future for this problem. only option is to build it out!!

My dealer offered me to build everything out as before (downgrade) and choose something different from the list for the amount of money it's worth.
But to be honest it sounds quite good (except for the phone).

Does anybody has a possible solution for this problem? Thanks for any efforts taken.

regards,
Alex

sorry, but the attachment is in Dutch
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG.pdf (869.4 KB, 190 views)
kinglexus is offline   Netherlands
      09-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.

Drives: 335xi

I was able to figure out most of it (advantage of being able to speak German and English means you can figure out written Dutch) and it seems like there is no easy work-around.

The Alpine option isn't available here in the US so it is difficult for many here to advise you.

How does the Alpine sound in comparison to the Harman Kardon system? Would that be an acceptable substitute?
      09-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
sbce90
Me Boosta

Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

lol, i too managed to get most if it out mixing english and german. had quite a bit of fun doing so

im having problems with my Alpine too, but not like yours.
sbce90 is offline   Australia
      09-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
WWONG
Banned

Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

I have the Alpine Hi-Fi upgrade with the regular BMW Professional system. Phone sound great. Only problem is I get a light screeching sound when I turn the volume up in a high-pitched song.
WWONG is offline   United_States