E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who's ordered from Irv Robinson (e90post sponsor)

11-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #111
nish
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Does Irv work with PC Delivery and provide good deals on those as well? Or does he only do ED?

I'm in Pennsylvania, so I don't think I'll ever be meeting him.
      11-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #112
‹ter

Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish View Post
Does Irv work with PC Delivery and provide good deals on those as well? Or does he only do ED?

I'm in Pennsylvania, so I don't think I'll ever be meeting him.
I am also from PA and ordered from Irv without ever meeting him. My ED and PC Delivery arranged by Irv were flawless!!

Regarding deals, there is no additional savings or added costs for PC Delivery.
‹ter is offline   United_States
      12-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #113
wawebb
Registered

Drives: 2008 335i

Irv Robinson

I just took delivery of a 335i convertible in Munich. Irv Robinson did a first rate job throughout. He was consistently straightforward, knowledgeable, and responsive. His price was good (much better than another Chicago BMW dealer), and he was able to get the car the week that I needed it (when the other BMW dealer could not). I think that his extensive experience with European Delivery is a real asset.
      12-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #114
AustinLonghorn

Drives: '92Daihatsu,'02EX500

Did ED through Irv instead of the local guys in Austin - just couldn't get a firm price out of them after the test drive, and they weren't up on feature availability like Irv is.

ED report on Bimmerfest is here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247419

Thanks Irv!

(anxiously waiting for PCD redelivery!)
AustinLonghorn is offline   United_States
      01-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #115
cipher5

Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan

For anyone thinking about going with Irv, here is my *short* review

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106036
cipher5 is offline   United_States
      01-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #116
chicagosteve

Drives: 2008 e92 328xi

Over the past two years, I ordered a MY07 328xi Coupe for European Delivery, traded it in and ordered a MY08 328xi Coupe, all through Irv. When I first contacted him, the e92 pricing hadn't been announced yet, so he offered me a very fair deal based on invoice and stood by it even with the high demand of the first model year. He has been honest and straight-forward in all my dealings with him and unlike any previous car salesman I've dealt with, he seems to look out for his customers' best interest. I am always surprised how often I go to a dealership and somehow, after reading the brochure, I know more about the car than the salesman. Not only does Irv actually know the ins and outs of the cars he sells, but he is passionate about them, just like any of us who spend our time on this forum. Talking to him about the car I was ordering was like getting advice from a friend, rather than from a salesman. I never got the feeling that he was trying to "up-sell" me, he answered my questions honestly and let me make my decision. Buying a car through Irv has been the most pleasant car buying experience I could expect. He has earned my future business and I highly recommend him to anyone looking to buy a BMW (or any other car sold by MotorWerks).
      01-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #117
jduke
Registered

Drives: BMW 535

Irv's GREAT

I also ordered from Irv ... ED in November and PCD last week. Everything was flawless (and a GREAT time).

Thanks Irv!
      02-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #118
TexMark
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Drives: Soon a new M5!!

Send a message via Skype™ to TexMark
I will once again add my two cents for Irv Robinson of Motorworks BMW. Some time back the one CA I actually respected and trusted at my local BMW center left for other things. I met his "replacement" (a cold fish in the truest sense of the word who wrote me off the minute he realized that I was not ready to buy then and there)....I decided to REAL QUICK to forget the local dealer....

I had read some "stuff" on Irv on Bimmerfest and decided to give him a call....boy, am I glad I did. I explained to Irv that it may be some time before I do my ED....did he write me off?? Blow me off??? NO WAY!!!

Irv is one of the nicest, most gentlemanly, polite and patient person I have ever encountered. Irv is HONEST, PATIENT, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and full of INTEGRITY!!! Never has Irv pushed me to make a decision...

I have a tremendous respect for Irv and I feel that he is the epitome of a BMW Client Advisor....

Irv will sell me my new BMW, which I hope to pick up at the BMW Welt in early September of this year!!!

Cheers,
      02-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #119
amjustice
Private First Class

Drives: '08 335i 6MT, Montego Blue

has anyone ordered from Irv before for non-ED? I am local in Chicago and was thinking about at least giving him a call. Unfortunately with work I will not be able to do ED in the timeframe I need to get a new car.
      03-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #120
Jake C
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i 2010 335d

Let me add one more vote of confidence for Irv. I think my wife and I were in the same boat as most people. I wanted to do European Delivery and after some research on the board decided to give Irv a call. Irv was very knowledgeable, honest, patient, and made the whole process smooth and painless. From me being a little indecisive about my interior colors to playing travel agent when our flights where delayed. Irv has been top-notch the whole way. He has earned our future business for our next ED. Which I believe will be my wife's 135i. Thanks Irv.

- J
Jake C is offline   United_States
      03-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #121
Heesh
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 E90 335i

I did ED through Irv on Feb 4th as well. Great guy, extremely honest and straight forward. Made myself and my wife feel very comfortable throughout the entire process. Just picked up her new 335i from the dealer on Friday after its voyage across the ocean. Everything went smooth, couldn't be happier.

If you are thinking about ED or any purchase method of a BMW, I would highly recommend Irv.

I have no doubt for my next car I will be coming to Irv.
      03-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #122
Gtrain
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: something slowwwww

Send a message via AIM to Gtrain
Completed the Ultimate Purchase Experience

Hi Fellow Members,

I have just completed my ED/PCD with Irv Robinson on my 335. Letís just say this, if everything Representative was like him; honest and kind, we would all have Wonderful Dealership Experiences. BMWís are known to be the Ultimate Driving Machine, Irv is the Ultimate Purchase Experience. With Irvís knowledge and abilities to help arrange everything down to the time that you would want things to be done, you could not ask for more. Throughout my purchase, I had run into some small scheduling issues ( 4 to be exact ) during my whole purchase. With all the small issues, he was able to make all the necessary arrangements possible to ensure that I have the best purchasing experience possible.

Regardless of purchasing with ED, PCD or just regular pickup from the dealership, if you go through Irv, you will not regret at all. He will take care of you every single step of the way. This has been one of the best experiencing ever. Everyone says purchasing a car is a hassle, and it had been until I join the BMW family with Irvís Welcome.

Please donít hesitate to contact Irv as he will ensure you the BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE.

Go buy a BMW to obtain the Ultimate Driving Machine
Go through Irv to obtain the Ultimate Purchase Experience for your Ultimate Driving Machine.

Thanks for reading,
G
Gtrain is offline   Taiwan
      03-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #123
M3to335
Whats that smell?

Drives: 07 Z06 Track / 135i Wifes Car

I should get a gold star for starting this thread.
M3to335 is offline   United_States
      04-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #124
MHirt

Drives: BMW 335I cabrio, Saab 9-5

Another Thumbs-Up!

My wife and I recently completed a European Delivery on a 335i convertible, and we took redelivery this past Monday. We dealt with Irv, and I have to say that the entire experience, from start to finish, was flawless - no surprises, no B.S. We got the car for a great price and Irv was really great to work with. I would recommend him strongly to anyone thinking of European Delivery. Thanks, Irv!

Regards, Michael
      04-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #125
OKG
Super BMX

Drives: 328i

Dumb Question: Does Irv use in house BMWFS?
      04-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #126
roho3323
The Professor

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to335 View Post
I should get a gold star for starting this thread.
You should get hundreds of gold stars as Irv deserves to have this type of referral network...He truly is an excellent CA! He is also a great guy!

2010 BMW M6 (12,000 mile garage queen)
2007 BMW 335i (daily driver)
2012 Audi S4 (recently sold)
roho3323 is offline   United_States
      05-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #127
jjakusz
Registered

Drives: E93

Another Satisfied Customer

I just got back from my ED. Here is the link to my review:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=282927

As I noted in my review I would highly recommend Irv regardless where you live in the US. I purchased the car through Irv remotely and was not a problem in the least. I live in Minnesota so driving the car back from Chicago is no big deal. If you are not in the Chicago area I assume shipping the car to you can be done or perhaps you may want to do a PCD!
      05-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #128
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKG View Post
Dumb Question: Does Irv use in house BMWFS?
Yes, he does. I actually had a good experience with the finance guy.

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Mondolemite is offline   United_States
      05-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #129
M3to335
Whats that smell?

Drives: 07 Z06 Track / 135i Wifes Car

What are the rates these days through BMW?
M3to335 is offline   United_States
      05-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #130
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to335 View Post
What are the rates these days through BMW?
I believe it's 3.9% for all 3 series cars except wagons and verts where it is 4.9%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty good rates that they've had all year so far.

Check BMW website under financial services link to be sure.

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Mondolemite is offline   United_States
      05-09-2008, 07:11 AM   #131
divedolphin
Registered

Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Smile Irv is fantastic!!!

I picked up my ED delivery 550i yesterday (5/8/08) from Irv and everything went perfect. Everything about the ED process with Irv was easy and enjoyable. Before learning about Irv I went to several other dealers who either had no knowledge or very little knowledge of the ED process. Irv makes ED very easy and helps you save a great deal of money. Irv is a great person who loves to talk with his customers and share photos. I give him 5 gold stars. I couldn't be more happy. I can't wait to do another ED with Irv. Thank you Irv!!!
      06-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #132
dmrankin99
Registered

Drives: 2008 328i convertible

I did European Delivery through Irv (delivery in Munich 4/21 and pickup at Motor Werks on 5/29) and, like many other posters, would recommend both ED and Irv to anyone. By the time I first spoke to Irv, I already knew exactly what I wanted, so there was no need for test drives or explanation of features. Basically I just placed my order and he explained the process and answered all my questions. The entire process was amazingly effortless. Also, Irv charges a flat (and very reasonable) markup from the European invoice price, so there is no worry or haggling over price. (Oh, and Irv hooked me up with a European navigation DVD to use during my post-delivery travels in Europe, which is a nice touch that you might not get elsewhere. He also warned me that the nav system would screw me up trying to find the drop-off location near Amsterdam, and he was right! That kind of knowledgeable service is priceless.)

The whole thing was painless and Irv was a pleasure to work with. He seemed genuinely pleased and gratified to put me in the car. This was only my second-ever car purchase, and it could have been intimidating and confusing, but Irv and his staff took good care of me. I'll definitely do ED through him again; hopefully BMW will have the hydrogen cars ready in 4 or 5 years when I'm ready to go next time...unless I'm too in love with the hardtop convertible to think about switching.

P.S. to previous posters on the financing--I financed through BMW on my 328 convertible and the rate was indeed 4.9%.