E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Recommended shop in Atlanta, GA



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Boris@SMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Boris@SMS's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 05
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

Thumbs up Recommended shop in Atlanta, GA


\

General Maintenance , Performance upgrade , Engine swaps, custom motor build/ turbo kits/ custom exhaust systems


Authorized Dealer for: HPF,VAC Motorsports,Integrated Engineering,
034 Motorsports


Solo Motorsports
2545 Pleasantdale Rd Suite 1 F
Atlanta, GA 30340
Tel: 404-910-5211
Info@solomotorsports.net
www.SoloMotorsports.net
Boris@SMS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
AllStock
Fvck JDM
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nowhere Near you

Posts: 471
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to get my CDV installed..
AllStock is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
RON1X
Colonel
 
RON1X's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 C2, '13 Audi Allroad
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 2,488
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStock View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to get my CDV installed..
You mean removed

Spoke with Tony on the phone a few weeks ago, he made a customer out of me. Will be stopping by the shop asap
RON1X is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
SoLo
CEO
 
SoLo's Avatar
 
Drives: E30/S54turbo,E90335I,E70X5M
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

I like this thread......
SoLo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 8,005
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Will be there to get my upgraded turbos installed (depending on the price of course).
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
Boris@SMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Boris@SMS's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 05
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Will be there to get my upgraded turbos installed (depending on the price of course).
Boris@SMS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
AllStock
Fvck JDM
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nowhere Near you

Posts: 471
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Just went there to get my modified CDV installed.. or is it called cdv removal? LOL..

Anyhow, THESE GUYS ARE GREAT!!

Superior customer service & excellent communication and not to mention their QUALITY WORK!!

I'm very happy with the experience and will be visiting on my next mod (hopefully JB3)..

Thanks again Boris & Tony!!
AllStock is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
IlChengis
once Treppiede
 
IlChengis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Miami and Atlanta

Posts: 861
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL E92 View Post
Spoke with Tony on the phone a few weeks ago, he made a customer out of me. Will be stopping by the shop asap
+1

For sure, we need to get this bbq/meeting at Tony's shop going.

-Walter
__________________
2009 E92 335i | 6MT | AlpWhite | CoralRed | AlumTrim | M-Sport | Nav | Logic7 | Alarm
'93 Civic Hatch | 5MT | MilRed | GrayCloth | NoTrim | 13" wheels | 2 Speakers | 67hp | ~40mpg
IlChengis is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
Boris@SMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Boris@SMS's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 05
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppiede View Post
+1

For sure, we need to get this bbq/meeting at Tony's shop going.

-Walter
Boris@SMS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
SoLo
CEO
 
SoLo's Avatar
 
Drives: E30/S54turbo,E90335I,E70X5M
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppiede View Post
+1

For sure, we need to get this bbq/meeting at Tony's shop going.

-Walter
Just let me know when you guys want to do it......
SoLo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
 
Alexander's Avatar
 
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deal's Gap

Posts: 2,472
iTrader: (0)

You guys do Vdubs?
Alexander is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
SoLo
CEO
 
SoLo's Avatar
 
Drives: E30/S54turbo,E90335I,E70X5M
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStock View Post
Just went there to get my modified CDV installed.. or is it called cdv removal? LOL..

Anyhow, THESE GUYS ARE GREAT!!

Superior customer service & excellent communication and not to mention their QUALITY WORK!!

I'm very happy with the experience and will be visiting on my next mod (hopefully JB3)..

Thanks again Boris & Tony!!
It was good meeting you 2.Thanks for coming by.........

Tony M.
SoLo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
SoLo
CEO
 
SoLo's Avatar
 
Drives: E30/S54turbo,E90335I,E70X5M
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
You guys do Vdubs?
Yes sir......
SoLo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #14
afadoo
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 550i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

+1
afadoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
atlxkevinx
Never 2econd
 
atlxkevinx's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 852
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStock View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to get my CDV installed..
I want to get this done too. It is just simply justing modifying and removing the CDV? I will check out the shop soon, when my schedule opens up.
__________________

2007 E92 335i Coupe | Space Gray | Coral Red | Sport | Cold Weather | Navi | iDrive | Logic7
atlxkevinx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
RON1X
Colonel
 
RON1X's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 C2, '13 Audi Allroad
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 2,488
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlxkevinx View Post
I want to get this done too. It is just simply justing modifying and removing the CDV? I will check out the shop soon, when my schedule opens up.
you are taking out the factory CDV (Clutch Delay Valve), but for aesthetic purposes you can replace the CDV with a modified valve (that looks like the CDV) that doesn't delay the clutch from engaging (you can get these from a number of vendors), but you don't have to

it is a must on a 6MT!
RON1X is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
nyte3k
Software Nerd
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Would it be overkill to go here for just an oil change or brake job? heh

I'm looking for a good shop around Atlanta (preferably Buckhead area), so I don't have to go to a dealership.
nyte3k is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #18
nyte3k
Software Nerd
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL E92 View Post
You mean removed

Spoke with Tony on the phone a few weeks ago, he made a customer out of me. Will be stopping by the shop asap
Btw...were you at Wal-Mart Howell Mill about a week ago? I saw a car that looked strikingly similar to yours parked there.
nyte3k is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
RON1X
Colonel
 
RON1X's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 C2, '13 Audi Allroad
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 2,488
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyte3k View Post
Btw...were you at Wal-Mart Howell Mill about a week ago? I saw a car that looked strikingly similar to yours parked there.
yeah that was me! I was going to petco Hope the car was clean, black is such a pita to take care of! next time just flag me down, I notice e9xs pretty quick and am always down to meet some local members!


And more props to Solo Motorsports! My friend has an E46 330ci and has an oil leak and torque converter issue. He took his car somewhere else (without telling me first) and I told him to call Solo and Boris quoted him HALF of what the other shop in Atlanta quoted him. He is bringing the car tomorrow and if I can get my work done in time I will be joining him
RON1X is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #20
SoLo
CEO
 
SoLo's Avatar
 
Drives: E30/S54turbo,E90335I,E70X5M
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL E92 View Post
yeah that was me! I was going to petco Hope the car was clean, black is such a pita to take care of! next time just flag me down, I notice e9xs pretty quick and am always down to meet some local members!


And more props to Solo Motorsports! My friend has an E46 330ci and has an oil leak and torque converter issue. He took his car somewhere else (without telling me first) and I told him to call Solo and Boris quoted him HALF of what the other shop in Atlanta quoted him. He is bringing the car tomorrow and if I can get my work done in time I will be joining him

Thanks for the referral Henry.....Boris told me someone had recommended us from the E90 forums.....I hope you can make it tomorrow with him....

Thanks
Tony M.
SoLo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
AllStock
Fvck JDM
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nowhere Near you

Posts: 471
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlxkevinx View Post
I want to get this done too. It is just simply justing modifying and removing the CDV? I will check out the shop soon, when my schedule opens up.
Yoo Kevin - its me Jacob. Yeah dude, definitely get this done. WELL WORTH IT.
AllStock is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #22
Boris@SMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Boris@SMS's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 05
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStock View Post
Yoo Kevin - its me Jacob. Yeah dude, definitely get this done. WELL WORTH IT.


Yeah it is
Boris@SMS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST