E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #221
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
Make sure to take some pictures! Looks like im going to go ahead and put my parts on for the run.
Forsure, watd you get?
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #222
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
Forsure, watd you get?
You will have to wait and see
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
      10-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #223
JF0rd
Enlisted Member
 
JF0rd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ruston, LA

Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to JF0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
I dont think he is much younger than you.
I'm 26... it has been a while since I graced the hallways of high school.
__________________
JFord | Facebook | Twitter | BleedTechBlue.com | Ruston, LA

JF0rd is offline   United_States
0
      10-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #224
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
You will have to wait and see
I got a few more goodies going on too, they are all here but won't put them on til next week b/c I have a big test tom and then I leave for myrtle beach on thursday.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
      10-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #225
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I got a few more goodies going on too, they are all here but won't put them on til next week b/c I have a big test tom and then I leave for myrtle beach on thursday.
Cosmetic or performance? I cant even think of any cosmetic mods you dont have!
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
      10-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #226
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
Cosmetic or performance? I cant even think of any cosmetic mods you dont have!
iknow, i cant wait til i get all the big stuff done first and then can just go to town with all the little stuff
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #227
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
Cosmetic or performance? I cant even think of any cosmetic mods you dont have!
1 is cosmetic and 2 are kind of both.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
      10-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #228
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
1 is cosmetic and 2 are kind of both.
I want to see that intake!
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
      10-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #229
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

does anybody think a full exhaust conversion from 325i to 335i would be possible? from changing the center pipes mid pipes and aftermarket dual exhaust system
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #230
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
does anybody think a full exhaust conversion from 325i to 335i would be possible? from changing the center pipes mid pipes and aftermarket dual exhaust system
It is possible but I wouldn't say it would be worth it b/c it would take some serious customization and won't sound all that better. If you are looking for the dual exhaust look and a little more aggressive sound, I would just buy like one or even two magnaflow mufflers and get some tips and bring it to a reputable muffler shop and tell them exactly what you want. Sit there and watch them do it so you know they are doing it the way you want.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
      10-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #231
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
It is possible but I wouldn't say it would be worth it b/c it would take some serious customization and won't sound all that better. If you are looking for the dual exhaust look and a little more aggressive sound, I would just buy like one or even two magnaflow mufflers and get some tips and bring it to a reputable muffler shop and tell them exactly what you want. Sit there and watch them do it so you know they are doing it the way you want.
I was thinking about that, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379188, i love the deep aggressive toned exhaust and was wondering how loud the magnaflow would make it? im guessing one muffler would be best with a 335i bumper and 3.7 tit. burnt cyba tips?
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #232
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
I was thinking about that, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379188, i love the deep aggressive toned exhaust and was wondering how loud the magnaflow would make it? im guessing one muffler would be best with a 335i bumper and 3.7 tit. burnt cyba tips?
I've never seen that before but that's exactly what I was picturing haha
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
      10-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #233
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
I was thinking about that, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379188, i love the deep aggressive toned exhaust and was wondering how loud the magnaflow would make it? im guessing one muffler would be best with a 335i bumper and 3.7 tit. burnt cyba tips?
Thats not going to sound any better, might as well save your money and just get a better exhaust designed for your car. Unless you are just going for looks.
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
      10-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #234
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
I think it will def sound better, I don't think it will be much louder but it will def be a deeper tone. You can make it louder if you replaced more than just the mufflers.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
      10-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #235
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I think it will def sound better, I don't think it will be much louder but it will def be a deeper tone. You can make it louder if you replaced more than just the mufflers.
The extra piping off that exhaust would change the note? I can see where it would change it a little bit, but it doesn't seem like it would be that much different? The video does sound good though.
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
      10-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #236
Wankel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
and Wankel to answer your comment on my album, yes. Just let me know when.
I look forward to it, but it's gotta wait for a few weeks. Work has been a killer lately and will be for a few more weeks....I need a beer! I'm quite the amateur though...just another hobby of mine.
Wankel is offline  
0
      10-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #237
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I think it will def sound better, I don't think it will be much louder but it will def be a deeper tone. You can make it louder if you replaced more than just the mufflers.
thatd be good if i could get a deeper tone and the looks would be great..i just dont want it to sound like a stupid ricer civic when i rev it. what else could i get thats not too expensive on the exhaust. idk about midpipes or anything cuz it seems like it just makes it sound more tuner and less like a deep porsche kinda sound
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #238
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,244
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
thatd be good if i could get a deeper tone and the looks would be great..i just dont want it to sound like a stupid ricer civic when i rev it. what else could i get thats not too expensive on the exhaust. idk about midpipes or anything cuz it seems like it just makes it sound more tuner and less like a deep porsche kinda sound
Yeah I would say if you want just the deeper tone do exactly as that guy did on that thread b/c that looked good.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
      10-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #239
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Is there anyone here who is really good with electronics? If so, I may get one more mod before next weekend


P.S. not audio stuff.
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
      10-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #240
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
Is there anyone here who is really good with electronics? If so, I may get one more mod before next weekend


P.S. not audio stuff.
like what eletronics? xenon light conversion or somthing?
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #241
JL 325i
straight^
 
JL 325i's Avatar
 
Drives: guess
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lafayette, LA

Posts: 757
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Yeah I would say if you want just the deeper tone do exactly as that guy did on that thread b/c that looked good.
aight sweet
JL 325i is offline   United_States
0
      10-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #242
Forcefed3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
like what eletronics? xenon light conversion or somthing?
I was going to do a wideband boost gauge until I realized I would need to weld a separate bung into the downpipe for the wideband sensor.
Forcefed3 is offline   No_Country
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
firefighters are ghey

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST