E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #23
JL 325i
straight^
JL 325i's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
763
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (7)

guys...didnt even see this til now..was looking at the other thread
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #24
Bakeme521
Some say...
Bakeme521's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
4,272
Posts

 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
guys...didnt even see this til now..was looking at the other thread
haha I was wondering why you posted in the other thread
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #25
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Good Morning LA.. off to purchase blue tape.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #26
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Everyone still sleeping??
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #27
Bakeme521
Some say...
Bakeme521's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
4,272
Posts

 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Everyone still sleeping??
Nah I was up early for work, I'm in augusta GA right now working. Blue tape to cover the front for the drive?
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #28
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Nah I was up early for work, I'm in augusta GA right now working. Blue tape to cover the front for the drive?
Yeah. I get to the store and the guy tries to talk me out of it saying my car will look stupid. I'd rather that then a black car with freckles all over the hood. I bought two rolls
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #29
Bakeme521
Some say...
Bakeme521's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
4,272
Posts

 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Yeah. I get to the store and the guy tries to talk me out of it saying my car will look stupid. I'd rather that then a black car with freckles all over the hood. I bought two rolls
Yeah I'm with you, def protects it. After I repaint my front bumper again the right color I want to get a 3m clear bra.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #30
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
64
Rep
4,742
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Yeah I'm with you, def protects it. After I repaint my front bumper again the right color I want to get a 3m clear bra.
Defiantly a good idea, i have some damage from driving to Shreveport a few times.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #31
diverdave
Private
diverdave's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: "08 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Good Morning LA.. off to purchase blue tape.
I've never even heard of anyone doing that. Although it's probably not a bad idea. Take some pics of your bumper covered in blue tape i wanna see
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #32
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
yamazaho's Avatar
Taiwan
88
Rep
6,959
Posts

 
Drives: 12' E92 335is, 15' W205
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via Skype™ to yamazaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
yamazaho where ya been?
Busy studying my last licensing exam, haven't really checked shit online for a while now.

I am also having problem with my suspension, having trouble finding people to help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Good Morning LA.. off to purchase blue tape.
Good idea. I did a quick wrap a while back.....

__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #33
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdave View Post
I've never even heard of anyone doing that. Although it's probably not a bad idea. Take some pics of your bumper covered in blue tape i wanna see
Will do
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #34
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
Busy studying my last licensing exam, haven't really checked shit online for a while now.

I am also having problem with my suspension, having trouble finding people to help me out.



Good idea. I did a quick wrap a while back.....

haha cute
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #35
Bakeme521
Some say...
Bakeme521's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
4,272
Posts

 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
Busy studying my last licensing exam, haven't really checked shit online for a while now.

I am also having problem with my suspension, having trouble finding people to help me out.
What's goin on with it? Might be able to help you out one weekend if i don't have work.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #36
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

We are sticky!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #37
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Started to load her up this morning.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #38
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
yamazaho's Avatar
Taiwan
88
Rep
6,959
Posts

 
Drives: 12' E92 335is, 15' W205
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via Skype™ to yamazaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
What's goin on with it? Might be able to help you out one weekend if i don't have work.
Something is going on with my rear suspension, making a clunk noise when roll forward/backward and stop. The BMW tech from Peake told me that they think it has to do with the suspension and def. not tranny related. I just don't have the tool to work on it at the moment.

It's ridiculously hard to find ANY local shop that's aftermarket-market parts friendly, that's why I am moving the fuck out of here ASAP......
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #39
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
Something is going on with my rear suspension, making a clunk noise when roll forward/backward and stop. The BMW tech from Peake told me that they think it has to do with the suspension and def. not tranny related. I just don't have the tool to work on it at the moment.

It's ridiculously hard to find ANY local shop that's aftermarket-market parts friendly, that's why I am moving the fuck out of here ASAP......
PEAKE isnt aftermarket friendly? I would think that a bmw dealership would have the best expertise.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #40
JL 325i
straight^
JL 325i's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
763
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Everyone still sleeping??
just so happens i was in new orleans yesterday up at 6am for a tournament....i wish i was sleeping
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #41
JL 325i
straight^
JL 325i's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
763
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post

I am also having problem with my suspension, having trouble finding people to help me out.


do you have stock suspension or aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #42
Bakeme521
Some say...
Bakeme521's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
4,272
Posts

 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
We are sticky!
balllliiinnnn


Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
Something is going on with my rear suspension, making a clunk noise when roll forward/backward and stop. The BMW tech from Peake told me that they think it has to do with the suspension and def. not tranny related. I just don't have the tool to work on it at the moment.

It's ridiculously hard to find ANY local shop that's aftermarket-market parts friendly, that's why I am moving the fuck out of here ASAP......
sounds like one of the half shaft u-joints to me. What does it do under power?
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #43
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
yamazaho's Avatar
Taiwan
88
Rep
6,959
Posts

 
Drives: 12' E92 335is, 15' W205
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via Skype™ to yamazaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
sounds like one of the half shaft u-joints to me. What does it do under power?
No, it makes the noise once after that one brake. The noise won't come back after the first brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
do you have stock suspension or aftermarket?
FK Coilovers.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #44
Bakeme521
Some say...
Bakeme521's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
4,272
Posts

 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
No, it makes the noise once after that one brake. The noise won't come back after the first brake.



FK Coilovers.
hmm thats an odd problem. You think it has something to do with the after market suspension? What if you put the stock setup back on and see what happened.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
firefighters are ghey

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST