E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #11067
str8nm
Major
 
str8nm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
man it was a nice meet we have a lot of people out....thanks Costa for making the drive from laffy!!! Everyone else that should up....let see who all was out...todd, ian, Doc, chip, MJ, other guy with red 135, grant, Reggie (1M) and myself....I think that was everyone. Until next time


todd how did the drive home go?????
Yeah really, Todd was salivating over Reggie's 1M...get a room dude. Grant and William did a really straight job with the M3...hope I get to see them race it.
Bad thing about these get togethers...I get home and I start googling Meth kit, E85, downpipes, Cobb AP, dual cone intake, etc and then it hits me...wtf am I doing? Who the hell do I think I am...Phouc? Best line line of the night was Reggie complaining how he, at 30, was the oldest dude there...Chip and I just stared him down. But I must admit it did look like some local high school field trip...except smoking was permitted.
Praying for cooler weather...
__________________
"Apology accepted..."
str8nm is offline   United_States
0
      06-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #11068
str8nm
Major
 
str8nm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Boys I need help.. I posted this in the Audio section as well.

Bluetooth & Steering Wheel Controls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an issue with my cars bluetooth connection and it drives me bonkers.

I have an iPhone 4s that I paired with my car. I stream my music using the wireless connection. I switch songs using the controls on the steering wheel. It will work fine and then all of a sudden I'll go to scroll through some songs and it wont change the song. I can still adjust the volume level but I cannot change the song. Its frustrating. It happens about once a week or more. The only way I can resolve it, is to turn the car completely off and then turn it back on or pick up my phone and physically change it. Im obviously not going to turn the car off while Im driving or pull over to turn it off just so I can change a song but it aggravates me none the less.

Ive already tried completely deleting my phone from my car and repairing it...several times.
Whats the permanent fix?
Sorry I cant help you. In my car, the phone contact list from P to V will not display. A thru O and W thru Z will...go effing figure that one out.
__________________
"Apology accepted..."

Last edited by str8nm; 06-29-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
str8nm is offline   United_States
0
      06-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #11069
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
Sorry I cant help you. In my car, the phone contact list from P to V will not display. A thru O and W thru Z will...go effing figure that one out.
Ultimate pain in my ass Ugh I know its first world problems but still lol
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
      06-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #11070
Onurleft
Captain
 
Onurleft's Avatar
 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

Posts: 862
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
Yeah really, Todd was salivating over Reggie's 1M...get a room dude. Grant and William did a really straight job with the M3...hope I get to see them race it.
Bad thing about these get togethers...I get home and I start googling Meth kit, E85, downpipes, Cobb AP, dual cone intake, etc and then it hits me...wtf am I doing? Who the hell do I think I am...Phouc? Best line line of the night was Reggie complaining how he, at 30, was the oldest dude there...Chip and I just stared him down. But I must admit it did look like some local high school field trip...except smoking was permitted.
Praying for cooler weather...
Hahaha
__________________
Onurleft is offline  
0
      06-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #11071
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,522
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
thanks grant...I like the M3 too...I so wanted a 4dr one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM1775 View Post
acee make sure that all the lines are hooked up properly to your battery terminal and like someone else said make sure that you get the car recoded after you replace the battery. just had the same happen to me and come to find out a small single line was unplugged not allowing my battery to recharge so for a 2 days it threw up all of the codes until i took it to the dealership to have the battery checked replaced then recoded. hope you were able to get it taken care off.
Yes they checked every thing, replaced the battery and recoded. So I'm good to go!!
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is offline   United_States
0
      06-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #11072
ucosta
Unique
 
ucosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lafayette, LA

Posts: 195
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Skype™ to ucosta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M 95 View Post
It was good meeting you. If you need any help with the JB4, PM me.
Good to meet you too man. Will do, thanks!
ucosta is offline   United_States
0
      06-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #11073
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
 
Yodaime's Avatar
 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 3,398
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Boys I need help.. I posted this in the Audio section as well.

Bluetooth & Steering Wheel Controls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an issue with my cars bluetooth connection and it drives me bonkers.

I have an iPhone 4s that I paired with my car. I stream my music using the wireless connection. I switch songs using the controls on the steering wheel. It will work fine and then all of a sudden I'll go to scroll through some songs and it wont change the song. I can still adjust the volume level but I cannot change the song. Its frustrating. It happens about once a week or more. The only way I can resolve it, is to turn the car completely off and then turn it back on or pick up my phone and physically change it. Im obviously not going to turn the car off while Im driving or pull over to turn it off just so I can change a song but it aggravates me none the less.

Ive already tried completely deleting my phone from my car and repairing it...several times.
Whats the permanent fix?

The wireless connection isn't always a direct connect. If you get the iphone adapter than it'll work great. Had this problem in my old 335i.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Yodaime is offline   Vietnam
0
      07-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #11074
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
The wireless connection isn't always a direct connect. If you get the iphone adapter than it'll work great. Had this problem in my old 335i.
Everyday in Phuocs world lol

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post12253912
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #11075
J-Sin
The Artist
 
J-Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90-LCI & 2008 E82
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bossier City, LA

Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [5.00]
miss you guys
__________________

Betty White - 2011 E90LCI 328i - SOLD
Black Betty (now White) - 2008 E82 135i
Scierra - 2013 Scion FR-S

J-Sin is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #11076
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quiet in here boys....what are you up to?
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #11077
J-Sin
The Artist
 
J-Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90-LCI & 2008 E82
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bossier City, LA

Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Quiet in here boys....what are you up to?
well, i just got back from 5 weeks of leadership training. How are you sara? Anything new on your car? You still have the same car? im waaay out of the loop
__________________

Betty White - 2011 E90LCI 328i - SOLD
Black Betty (now White) - 2008 E82 135i
Scierra - 2013 Scion FR-S

J-Sin is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #11078
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,522
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
hey ya'll I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in going to AngieFest? Its Oct 20, 2012 and its in Marietta, Ga.
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #11079
Onurleft
Captain
 
Onurleft's Avatar
 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

Posts: 862
iTrader: (0)

I've been to a few before, very quality get together. I wouldn't go up there without a nice mountain drive though

It'll take a caravan roughly 7-8 hours to get to Atlanta. It's not so bad if you leave early and in the 20+ times i've done the drive i've never once gotten remotely close to getting a ticket
__________________
Onurleft is offline  
0
      07-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #11080
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

I may be interested in riding with someone... Im not taking my car
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #11081
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
hey ya'll I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in going to AngieFest? Its Oct 20, 2012 and its in Marietta, Ga.
Keep me in mind. I was planning on making a trip back up there this fall.
shaq diesel is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #11082
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,522
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
I've been to a few before, very quality get together. I wouldn't go up there without a nice mountain drive though

It'll take a caravan roughly 7-8 hours to get to Atlanta. It's not so bad if you leave early and in the 20+ times i've done the drive i've never once gotten remotely close to getting a ticket
yes we used to go up there for NOPI nationals every year...drive is not bad...especially if you are not stopping every 2 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I may be interested in riding with someone... Im not taking my car
Will keep that in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
Keep me in mind. I was planning on making a trip back up there this fall.
ok...well I'm def going up there....so I'll let you all know where I'm staying once I get that info. And if ya'll are def in going...I can reserve rooms for ya'll and ya'll can just pay me.
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is offline   United_States
0
      07-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #11083
Mkah
Motorsports
 
Mkah's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 560
iTrader: (0)

The St. Regis is very nice. You should try to make reservations there.
__________________
2008 335i | 1995 M3
Mkah is offline   United_States
0
      07-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #11084
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
yes we used to go up there for NOPI nationals every year...drive is not bad...especially if you are not stopping every 2 hours
Every two hours? Someone had a small bladder! I used to make it from here to ATL in about 6.5-7 hours (depending on how active GSP was).
shaq diesel is offline   United_States
0
      07-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #11085
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,522
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
well we used to go like 4-5 car and when we stop once everyone wouldn't use the bathroom or do what they had to do so we end up stopping often, but we cut that out....when we stop for gas.....EVERYONE filled up....when we stop to eat...EVERYONE ate...but you could do the trip in about 6-6.5 if you are cruising around 85ish or so....
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is offline   United_States
0
      07-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #11086
SkrApUNB
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gonzales, LA

Posts: 349
iTrader: (0)

I know jake and i are planning to take our cars. i don't know about nathan but thats a possibility too.
SkrApUNB is offline  
0
      07-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #11087
Wankel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Hey boys and girl! How was everyone's 4th? It was a day of tennis, lounging by the pool and tennis for me.

Quick questions...my rear tires need to be replaced. I am still on Pilot Sport RFT and don't think they're too bad. I don't think I'm willing to bite the cost of these things anymore so I'm thinking of going non-RFT.

1) Would it be okay to just change the rear to non-RFT for now? Front tires still have some life on them.

2) Which tire would you guys recommend? I have always been a fan of the PS2 but read some good reviews about the Pilot Super Sport. Any thoughts on these or on other tires?

Thanks!
Wankel is offline  
0
      07-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #11088
cd3
Lieutenant
 
cd3's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 e46
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: la

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankel View Post
Hey boys and girl! How was everyone's 4th? It was a day of tennis, lounging by the pool and tennis for me.

Quick questions...my rear tires need to be replaced. I am still on Pilot Sport RFT and don't think they're too bad. I don't think I'm willing to bite the cost of these things anymore so I'm thinking of going non-RFT.

1) Would it be okay to just change the rear to non-RFT for now? Front tires still have some life on them.

2) Which tire would you guys recommend? I have always been a fan of the PS2 but read some good reviews about the Pilot Super Sport. Any thoughts on these or on other tires?

Thanks!
I switched from RFT Pilot Sport to non RFT Pilot Super Sports on the front last year made a big difference. Will be replacing the rear with non RFT Super Sports in a few months. Also treadwear is supposed to be 50% more than the Pilot Sports

The August 2012 Car and Driver has a review of 9 performance tires tested on an E92. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport came in #1
cd3 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
firefighters are ghey

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST