E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > HighPerformance LED Interior Kit.... REVIEW!

10-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Meh, another expensive pre-assembled "kit" of bulbs I won't use. I'd be interested in this if they could split the bulbs up by fixture or component, but I don't see how anyone can live with those retina-searing, 6000K bright-ass blue-white bulbs in their face from the dome and map lights.

I've replaced the door puddle and footwell lights, but wouldn't mind a source for just the trunk and rear-console bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
Meh, another expensive pre-assembled "kit" of bulbs I won't use. I'd be interested in this if they could split the bulbs up by fixture or component, but I don't see how anyone can live with those retina-searing, 6000K bright-ass blue-white bulbs in their face from the dome and map lights.

I've replaced the door puddle and footwell lights, but wouldn't mind a source for just the trunk and rear-console bulbs.
Feel free to view the website and piece together any bulbs you like. You are able to order any bulb you want individually if you so incline.

If you are seeking just the trunk and rear console bulbs just send them an email.

Please view them in person and use them before degrading the integrity.

If you dont like bright lights, nobody is forcing you to buy them. Wal-mart sells great replacement lights that are nice and brown.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #25
mcrazyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 E90

Garage List
08 E90  [0.00]
Do you know if there is any issues with the dome or map lights like other kits?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrazyrider View Post
Do you know if there is any issues with the dome or map lights like other kits?
These are in my car, flawlessly, no problems.

They dim just like stock lights too when you lock the doors and open them.

My map lights also work seamlessly. Most reason other kits probably have problems is cause they arent canbus.

These are canbus LED's, designed for these specific applications, they arent generic LED's that some kits have that you can get anywhere. Naturally, they are more expensive, yet the price is still competitive. So its a win win.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #27
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Hey guys, please excuse any delay.

Just received an email from high performance bulbs that the owner was in a horrific accident just the other day. He wanted me to reach out to you guys and let you know.

He's alive, but hes in very much pain. If you need anything, you can still order from the website and you will receive it, but there might be delay in any email related questions.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #28
MatchesMalone
Private
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
Hey guys, please excuse any delay.

Just received an email from high performance bulbs that the owner was in a horrific accident just the other day. He wanted me to reach out to you guys and let you know.

He's alive, but hes in very much pain. If you need anything, you can still order from the website and you will receive it, but there might be delay in any email related questions.

Thanks
Is this the same guy who runs F1 Autohaus? I read on here that he had some kind of health issues, and there are a couple of threads full of people confused that they never got any response to their orders.

If not, it seems there is some kind of curse on interior LED vendors!

Anyway, wishing for a speedy and complete recovery for this person or persons.

Last edited by MatchesMalone; 11-01-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #29
dc5_champ88
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
That's pretty sweet! I need to get my hands on these!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #30
FoShizzle
aka Mike
No_Country
Rep

Drives: AW E92 335is

I don't get where the "center console bulbs" are. Is that the forward 'dome' light just above the rear view mirror? Do it come on when the doors are opened?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #31
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport

OP....do these guys have an AE solution for early 07 e92 335's??
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #32
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: E90 335i/RIP E46 323Ci/E30 325

I emailed them at 5 PM PDT and they returned the email very next morning. You can order by picking and choosing so you only get the bulbs you want or need. I got the map, vanity and puddle lights all for $40. I'll post up a review once I get them and drop them in. Good thing is if truly just plug and play if there is an issue you simply put stock ones back in, no cutting huge for me.
      11-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #33
Dr. G
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Can someone post up some better pics of these?

Also what is the center console light on the e92?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #34
bob.g
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Guys please see my first post, I just found out from another member that a competitors kit required removal of the dome light assembly and use of screw drivers/special tools ETC

Pathetic!

Please be aware this kit needs none of this.

Simply remove and replace.

here are some high quality shots of a black interior with euphoria 6k's
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...stall+euphoria

do the highperformancebuls.com kit look the same (or better)?

also, how is the install different from http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=led

arent they all the same thing in regards to the install..pop off the housing, replace the bulb, and go through the sunroof for the front dome lights.

ive contemplated buying a kit, just not sure which to go with yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #35
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Only reason the competitors pictures look better is cause they have professional photographers shooting and editing their photos.

These pics were taken with your basic cell phone or point and shoot camera Unedited.

Also in their pictures they have other lights on like Map lights and vanity lights which werent on in these photographs.

So how do they compare in real life? They are competitive in the light output and install is as easy as removal of the bulbs and replcaement. Again, no need to go through the sunroof to install domelights.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #36
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
Is this the same guy who runs F1 Autohaus? I read on here that he had some kind of health issues, and there are a couple of threads full of people confused that they never got any response to their orders.

If not, it seems there is some kind of curse on interior LED vendors!

Anyway, wishing for a speedy and complete recovery for this person or persons.
No this is not the same guy. Interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJabb View Post
I don't get where the "center console bulbs" are. Is that the forward 'dome' light just above the rear view mirror? Do it come on when the doors are opened?
Center console bulbs are in the center console of the back seat.
They come on when the doors open, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
OP....do these guys have an AE solution for early 07 e92 335's??
What kind of solution? Halogen? LED? HID? They offer a couple Halogen and LED solutions. Not sure if he released anything for the HID AE yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I emailed them at 5 PM PDT and they returned the email very next morning. You can order by picking and choosing so you only get the bulbs you want or need. I got the map, vanity and puddle lights all for $40. I'll post up a review once I get them and drop them in. Good thing is if truly just plug and play if there is an issue you simply put stock ones back in, no cutting huge for me.
Exactly.... Good stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Can someone post up some better pics of these?

Also what is the center console light on the e92?
Center console light is in the rear section of the e92 in the center console. (where your knees would be sitting down).
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #37
Dr. G
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Hey thanks JP, figured it out!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #38
christianjan
Benz to a Beamer
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 07 e90

Send a message via AIM to christianjan
Couple of questions:

1.) I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to use tools to take out the housing. So when you say that, are you just pulling out the housing with just your bare hands?

2.) How do you take out the front map lights without taking out attempting to remove the front dome light casing?

I guess what I'm really asking for is a DIY on how to do these, because looking at stickied DIYs, I see dome light removals and tools being used to remove the light housings.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #39
drummer12
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 328i

I assume these are all 6000K? Also, do they match the OEM LEDs in the door handles? (not sure if those are 6000K)?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #40
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjan View Post
Couple of questions:

1.) I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to use tools to take out the housing. So when you say that, are you just pulling out the housing with just your bare hands?

2.) How do you take out the front map lights without taking out attempting to remove the front dome light casing?

I guess what I'm really asking for is a DIY on how to do these, because looking at stickied DIYs, I see dome light removals and tools being used to remove the light housings.
I didnt use any tools, just bare hands.

My domelight has a plastic opaque cover, I simply removed that, and it gave me access to the dome light, just pulled the bulb out and replaced.

As far as the map lights I just had to remove the black plastic shroud to give myself easier access, again no tools.

If I get bored, maybe i'll make a DIY, its probably the easiest thing you can do on this car. Just remove the plastic cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
I assume these are all 6000K? Also, do they match the OEM LEDs in the door handles? (not sure if those are 6000K)?
They are all about 6000K IIRC (Bright white), similar colors to the LED on the doors, correct.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 11-07-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #41
BlueLion
she likes the flavor......
United_States
Rep

Drives: A51-E92

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.50]
out of stock on the e92 kits

E92 Montego Blue silfa718 ..::STETT CAI|ADVAN RS|WAGNER FMIC|MS DP|VANGUARD|PROCEDE|FORGE DV|BMS OCC|KWV2|MICHELIN PSS|OOS::..

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #42
christianjan
Benz to a Beamer
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 07 e90

Send a message via AIM to christianjan
Quote:

My domelight has a plastic opaque cover, I simply removed that, and it gave me access to the dome light, just pulled the bulb out and replaced.

As far as the map lights I just had to remove the black plastic shroud to give myself easier access, again no tools.

If I get bored, maybe i'll make a DIY, its probably the easiest thing you can do on this car. Just remove the plastic cover.
Hm, I wonder why all the other DIY's for the map lights show that you need to remove the liner to get to it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #43
bob.g
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:

They are all about 6000K IIRC (Bright white), similar colors to the LED on the doors, correct.
so its not that these particular lights are easier to install, its just that you had a technique to acess the areas easier, right? Like the map lights for instance, which seem to be the biggest issue. Anwway this guy doesnt ship to canada so its useless for me. ill have to go with jlevis led 2.0 probably.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #44
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjan View Post
Hm, I wonder why all the other DIY's for the map lights show that you need to remove the liner to get to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.g View Post
so its not that these particular lights are easier to install, its just that you had a technique to acess the areas easier, right? Like the map lights for instance, which seem to be the biggest issue. Anwway this guy doesnt ship to canada so its useless for me. ill have to go with jlevis led 2.0 probably.

Maybe my car is special.....

By hand, remove the cover, and remove the black shrouds for map lights by hand, gives access to map lights and dome lights.

Maybe these DIY you guys speak of are trying to do it the hard way, im not trying to reinvent the wheel here, I just had several PM's about people saying they had to do X Y Z to get their LED kits in, so I made it an effort to tell you guys that its not that complicated.

I really dont have any experience with other kits (installation wise) but Ive seen them in person.
Appreciate 0