E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Announces Voluntary N54 Engine (HPFP) and X5 Recall



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #485
SWO
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

2009 335i (June 09 Production), had the new software installed after a few weeks of long starts and CEL. HPFP replaced in NOV09.

Car seems much louder now, but perfomance and milage is the same after 300 miles.

Odd thing is that I've found numerous changes to iDrive. New "office" functions, a new "Exact Oil Measurement" option that doesn't work, and my 80GB iPod classic is no longer working - it's in constant "reading" mode.

I'm starting to think I was given the software for a MY11 e90 vice a MY09.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #486
pscmj84
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

I set up an appointment to get the recall taken care of tomorrow finally on my 07 335 October 06 build. When I called, they said the recall was for reprogramming of the software related to the HPFP issues.

Looking through this thread, people have had their HPFP replaced and some have even had the injectors replaced. My HPFP was last replaced with an 881 pump back in Dec 09. Does anybody know what determines what gets replaced / reprogrammed on the car as part of this recall?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #487
skeptic
Private
skeptic's Avatar
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Titanium Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Apex North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscmj84 View Post
I set up an appointment to get the recall taken care of tomorrow finally on my 07 335 October 06 build. When I called, they said the recall was for reprogramming of the software related to the HPFP issues.

Looking through this thread, people have had their HPFP replaced and some have even had the injectors replaced. My HPFP was last replaced with an 881 pump back in Dec 09. Does anybody know what determines what gets replaced / reprogrammed on the car as part of this recall?
I have been expecting to receive a letter from BMW but haven't heard anything. Mine is a 2007 e90 Sept 06 build, and like you I had my HPFP replaced with the 881 pump in December 09 after being notified of the initial recall. I had my software updated in October 2010 when my car was towed to my dealership due to a fuel leak of the high pressure inlet pipe.

Reading through the 3 TSB's related to this Recall Campaign I am at a loss why my car wouldn't qualify to get the HPFP replaced with the latest version.

I suspect BMW is chasing their tail and is overwhelmed by this whole situation. The only official information we have is what is in the TSB's and the related customer letters. BMW, in their infinite wisdom has now pulled the plug and we no longer have access to TSBs, at least without having to pay to access them. These TSB's have been freely available on the bmwtis website for years and now BMW changed that. Coincidence? I think not.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SI B13 09 10.pdf (136.7 KB, 804 views)
File Type: pdf SI B13 13 10.pdf (155.8 KB, 904 views)
File Type: pdf SI B13 14 10.pdf (233.8 KB, 1003 views)
File Type: pdf B130910_Customer_Letter.pdf (51.6 KB, 438 views)
File Type: pdf B131310_Customer_Letter.pdf (51.6 KB, 422 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #488
Clark Kent
Private
United_States
2
Rep
86
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Monaco, Oyster
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWO View Post
2009 335i (June 09 Production), had the new software installed after a few weeks of long starts and CEL. HPFP replaced in NOV09.

Car seems much louder now, but perfomance and milage is the same after 300 miles.

Odd thing is that I've found numerous changes to iDrive. New "office" functions, a new "Exact Oil Measurement" option that doesn't work, and my 80GB iPod classic is no longer working - it's in constant "reading" mode.

I'm starting to think I was given the software for a MY11 e90 vice a MY09.

I had the same experience (re: software). It's the wrong version so I took it back in and they had to reprogram again. There's a thread on here that discusses the issue (in a bit of a rush right now otherwise I'd find the link for you). Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #489
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
32
Rep
1,789
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (4)

Skeptic,
you have to join a website to gain access to the bulletins(you have to pay to become a member of the site BMWTIS.com that gives you access to everything. ) The bulletins regarding the recall have changed. there are new versions with changes that were made in January 2011. I dont have the copies with me but I remember there were changes and they were dated 2011

other bulletins you may want to okeep an eye out for: SI B12 55 06 and SI B12 11 10.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #490
NeverKnow
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Everywhere you want to be

iTrader: (0)

Some bulletins, 13 14 10 and 12 11 10
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #491
Wonka
Racer 5
Wonka's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
820
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
'09 335i X Drive

Here's the cliff notes from today's invoice...

C/S Perform Open Recall 0012070300 N54 Programming HDP,B13 09 10
11867 Vehicle Due For SIB 130910 W Perf. SIB 130910

C/S Perform Open Recall 0013930100 N54 High Pressure Fuel Pump B13 13 10
13-51-7-616-170 Exchange High-Pressure Fuel Pump:135019
13-53-7-582-770 ASA-Bolt: 13509953 0013930100
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #492
AaronMG
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: JB 335XI
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Pre 9/07 build? Wastegate Conversion Necessary After Software Recall

Just an update on my particular recall situation as it may help others: after getting the mandatory software update, I was experiencing considerable turbo lag, particularly under 3,000 RPM. The instant torque after toe-in that I knew and loved was gone.

Researching the boards here I found that a wastegate conversion/retrofit SW update was a probable solution. Brought the car in and told my SA about the issue and showed him the TSB related to the wastegate conversion. After having my car for 2 days, he said (1) they couldn't replicate the issue and (2) the TSB did NOT apply to my description, it only pertained to a complaint about a noisy wastegate.

At this point I'm incensed...as part of the recall update, they changed my wastegate operation to reduce noise (that really didn't bother me before) without informing me and now I had no recourse because my turbo lag complaint didn't originate correctly?!? Shenanigans!

Luckily, I asked to do a ride-along with the shop foreman and because he knew that BMW had detuned the N54 with past SW updates, he was wiling to help even though he "said" he didn't sense the turbo lag. First, he had to confirm with the SA that he could replicate the problem and then I would have to specify my complaint as follows: "After the recall/software update, I have noticed that although the car appears to operate with less noise, there is now considerable turbo-lag or hesitation."

In the end, they spoke with BMW RTE (George Stanley), did the wastegate valve conversion, and my car is back to normal. It was a bit of a battle, but worth it in the end. Hope that helps anybody facing similar problems.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #493
bluescoupe
motorhead
bluescoupe's Avatar
5
Rep
329
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: west coast, FL

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, big help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
Some bulletins, 13 14 10 and 12 11 10
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #494
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
visor's Avatar
Canada
39
Rep
1,540
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F30 328xi
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

My canadian $0.02 experience:

2 months ago had car brought into dealer for software update for rough morning cold starts. All it did was make the low pressure pump prime harder and louder on unlocking. Cold start problem solved... temporarily.

Fast forward to 1 week ago, the centre check engine light started coming on with major loss of power (limp mode) whenever I rev it past 2500rpm. Could not be cleared with engine restart. So, booked an appointment to dealer.

Yesterday, picked up my car after 2 days at dealer. They had replaced hpfp with 446 model, and also replaced 3 injectors determined to be faulty.

Today, managed to bring it onto the highway for an extended test run.
Whoa! What have I been missing for the past 3 years?!
Torque and power galore!

This thing now moves! Barely into 2 secs from a standing start, I'm having to upshift from 1st to 2nd. I'm going to have to test it out with an iPhone app to see what my 0-30-60mph is really like.

Here's hoping this hpfp will last...
__________________
2006 330i | TiAg | Black | Al | 6MT | Sports Package | Logic 7 retired
2008 335i | AW | Black | Al | 6MT | Sports Package | Logic 7 retired
2013 328xi | Red | Gray | Al | 8AT | Sports Line | Premium | Executive | Heat Pkg
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #495
RobNH
Private First Class
RobNH's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
My canadian $0.02 experience:

2 months ago had car brought into dealer for software update for rough morning cold starts. All it did was make the low pressure pump prime harder and louder on unlocking. Cold start problem solved... temporarily.

Fast forward to 1 week ago, the centre check engine light started coming on with major loss of power (limp mode) whenever I rev it past 2500rpm. Could not be cleared with engine restart. So, booked an appointment to dealer.

Yesterday, picked up my car after 2 days at dealer. They had replaced hpfp with 446 model, and also replaced 3 injectors determined to be faulty.

Today, managed to bring it onto the highway for an extended test run.
Whoa! What have I been missing for the past 3 years?!
Torque and power galore!

This thing now moves! Barely into 2 secs from a standing start, I'm having to upshift from 1st to 2nd. I'm going to have to test it out with an iPhone app to see what my 0-30-60mph is really like.

Here's hoping this hpfp will last...
Seriously? That much of a noticeable improvement?

I guess this raises some concerns with me. Where exactly does the problem lie? The fuel pump? The software? The fuel injectors?

Does BMW even know?

Historically, fuel injectors don't usually go bad until they've seen significant / high mileage....in my unprofessional opinion.....or unless your car is older and came with injectors that were not designed for today's higher alcohol fuels.
__________________
Current: 2015 ///M235i xDrive | 8-spd Auto | Glacier Silver/Black | Brushed Aluminum Trim | Cold, Tech, Premium, Driver Assist Packages | Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System

Previous: 2008 E92 335xi Coupe
Previous: 2004 330xi Sedan
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #496
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
32
Rep
1,789
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (4)

The increase in performance coud be also be that the old pump, {and this is a popular theory not sure if it is fact}was on its way to failing but the programming is such that when it starts to go the power drops slowy as the pump dies slowly. the ecu reduces the stress on the pump and keeps it alive longer but at the cost of performance. So any new pump that is fully finctional would then seem fantastic in comparison.
I am not sure if that is fact but it seems to make sense after hearing a lot of how peples cars drove before it failed.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #497
skidderss
North Star BMW CCA
skidderss's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 07' E93 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Success

Dropped my car off for the recalls. E93 7/07 build date. Good results.

Per receipt: Dealer replaced HPFP with part #446. Replaced 4 injectors after scan. Reprogrammed and reset adaptations.

Drove the car out and the moment I hit the freeway there was a difference: Improved acceleration! The cold idle is smoother, warm is about the same but might be a few RPM lower than before. This car never had long cranks or symptoms - but it starts even quicker now. 0.5 crank and it's on - before it was 1-2. (Update 2/7/2010 - It still cranks about 1-2 times most of the time - no change.)

Car has ~55k miles, never had a HPFP failure - HPFP was original (only mechanical issue ever with car was the fuel pressure sensor around 50k - a relation to this recall). The dealer had already updated the software about 3 months ago due to the CBS not showing correct service intervals (showing high miles "counting backwards"). They also performed the waste gate retrofit after getting lag related to that update. I had no waste gate rattle.

I'm happy with the results - now it is time to drive and see what's next...

Last edited by skidderss; 02-07-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Update cranking time.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #498
Wiredless
E92 335i owner
Wiredless's Avatar
Belgium
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Thank you skeptic for posting the PDFs!!!!
__________________
E92 335i, Space Grey, Saddle Brown,Aluminum Trim, 6 MT, AS, 189s, PDC, AH, Navi Pro, M wheel, High End Audio. Stock
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #499
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
DASHOCKER's Avatar
Germany
34
Rep
1,867
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
Are there any failures to date with this "new campaign"? Is everyone a happy camper?
__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #500
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
turboawdfanatic's Avatar
8
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (5)

Update on my situation. I had posted that last month I had brought my car in, original hpfp and injectors, and was told my VIN only called for reprogramming. So that's all i got. Fast forward to today. No really long cranks up to this point. Then all of a sudden as I was pulled onto a major road, gave it a bit of throttle, and rev'd it a bit over 3k...the engine suddenly started stumbling and lost a lot of power. No limp mode/half engine light, but eventually got a check engine light. Luckily I was at the end of a 20mile commute because I could barely get it up the small incline into my driveway.

Got a call from the dealer saying they replaced the pump but that it won't be ready because the car had to go through a "pre-progamming" Not sure what a pre-programming is, if he meant to say reprogram, or if they are the same. Either way it leads me to my next question. I already had what ever the latest update was last month. Wonder if there is a new ISTA update already. Possible the one referenced in this TSB as an "upcoming ISTA/D versions"

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #501
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
GRLPWR's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Durham, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawdfanatic View Post
Update on my situation. I had posted that last month I had brought my car in, original hpfp and injectors, and was told my VIN only called for reprogramming. So that's all i got. Fast forward to today. No really long cranks up to this point. Then all of a sudden as I was pulled onto a major road, gave it a bit of throttle, and rev'd it a bit over 3k...the engine suddenly started stumbling and lost a lot of power. No limp mode/half engine light, but eventually got a check engine light...
Sounds similiar to what I'm experiencing now. I received a new pump and s/w upgrade, but prior to that (since December) I've experienced the stumbling/shudder upon a bit of throttle, sometimes it'll throw a light, sometimes it doesn't. I'm now waiting for an appt to get my low pressure fuel pump replaced. During the recall, my low pressure fuel sensor was tested and it came out fine. The tech believes it's the low pump, especially since I often throw a lean code. If you get the shudders and it won't stop, just pull over, stop/restart the car and it'll go away. Kinda annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #502
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
turboawdfanatic's Avatar
8
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRLPWR View Post
Sounds similiar to what I'm experiencing now. I received a new pump and s/w upgrade, but prior to that (since December) I've experienced the stumbling/shudder upon a bit of throttle, sometimes it'll throw a light, sometimes it doesn't. I'm now waiting for an appt to get my low pressure fuel pump replaced. During the recall, my low pressure fuel sensor was tested and it came out fine. The tech believes it's the low pump, especially since I often throw a lean code. If you get the shudders and it won't stop, just pull over, stop/restart the car and it'll go away. Kinda annoying.
I stopped and restarted. As soon as I gave it a bit of throttle...the shudders came back. The car was sitting off for 15-20 min before I went to the dealer. During the trip to the dealer it ran ok...but I never really gave it some throttle until I got right in front of the dealer. Got on it once and it didn't shudder.
The SES light never went away once it came up, even after a couple restarts.
Just to reiterate. I was on original hpfp and injectors. My lpfp was replaced over a year ago and had the recall ecu repropgram done in Jan.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #503
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
turboawdfanatic's Avatar
8
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (5)

My situation just adds to the skepticism that BMWNA has a real grasp on the HPFP issue.
They're basing which parts of the recall are performed, on specific vin and what parts the car was built with or replaced with in the past.
So they are saying there are some original HPFP's that are not defective. If that's the case, are new pump's they are using (446 etc..) to replace with for the recall really a re-design or improved? Or are they just built to same specs as some of the original pumps that BMWNA deems as not needed to be replaced...as in my case.

They tell me my original HPFP is fine..and that I just need a reprogram. But then my pump still fails. Don't think they really know what's going on....and just goes to show this "recall" was just to save face after being outed on national TV.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #504
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
32
Rep
1,789
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (4)

I can not see how they are able to differentiate between vins and production years to be ablke to determine who needs a pump and who does not. If they truly are able to determine that then it would seem that they know the cause, otherwise how can you say which will have the problem if you dont know what causes it?
I am not sure what the deal with the vins is, but if they think they have the group then shouldnt it follow that cars outside the group should have no problems?.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #505
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
GRLPWR's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Durham, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawdfanatic View Post
I stopped and restarted. As soon as I gave it a bit of throttle...the shudders came back. The car was sitting off for 15-20 min before I went to the dealer. During the trip to the dealer it ran ok...but I never really gave it some throttle until I got right in front of the dealer. Got on it once and it didn't shudder.
The SES light never went away once it came up, even after a couple restarts.
Just to reiterate. I was on original hpfp and injectors. My lpfp was replaced over a year ago and had the recall ecu repropgram done in Jan.
Yep, sounds like what I'm experiencing. The hpfp was replaced last year by the previous owner and then again a few weeks ago due to the recall. Injectors were also replaced by previous owner.

I've been discussing the shudder w/the tech at BMW and his suggestion is to replace the lpfp. Have you had your SES coded? I kept getting (generic codes) P0041 (lean) and P2098 (something to do w/the O2 sensors swapped). He says the low pump based on my symptoms and what he's tested on the car. The SA at the dealership pretty much told me not to bring the car back unless it's shuddering, but it's scary as crap driving it while it's happening. And, just as you said, after a restart, it would go away; and the SES was intermittant as well - had a mind of it's own.

Does the shudder feel like a steady misfire or as if you're running over rumble strips? Not saying it couldn't be the hpfp (or anything else for that matter), but I would have the lpfp checked just to have peace of mind.

P.S. When the hpfp was replaced last year, the car had around 61k miles. I never had any problems w/it when I took it in for the recall and the car had around 72k miles.

Last edited by GRLPWR; 02-11-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 03:38 AM   #506
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
turboawdfanatic's Avatar
8
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
I can not see how they are able to differentiate between vins and production years to be ablke to determine who needs a pump and who does not. If they truly are able to determine that then it would seem that they know the cause, otherwise how can you say which will have the problem if you dont know what causes it?
I am not sure what the deal with the vins is, but if they think they have the group then shouldnt it follow that cars outside the group should have no problems?.
That's exactly what you would think. That if they are differentiating between vins they are aware which pumps are flawed, which cars got them, and those outside should have no problems. I'm outside that group and my pump failed...hence my skepticism.

I'm not sure how they can tell. But that's exactly how they are handling the recall. Others have posted they were told it's by vin. Last month when I brought my car in, the dealer told me that. Not knowing this, I called BMWNA myself. They re-confirmed that it is DEF VIN specific and checked my vin in their system. Also reconfirming that according to BMWNA my car was determined to only needing a reprogram.

This is from the recall SIB's.
"If the Recall Completion Label is not present, it will be necessary to utilize the "Service Menu" of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or the Key Reader. Based on the response of the system, either proceed with the corrective action or take no further action.
Copy of the customer letter is attached."


Quote:
Originally Posted by GRLPWR View Post
Yep, sounds like what I'm experiencing. The hpfp was replaced last year by the previous owner and then again a few weeks ago due to the recall. Injectors were also replaced by previous owner.

I've been discussing the shudder w/the tech at BMW and his suggestion is to replace the lpfp. Have you had your SES coded? I kept getting (generic codes) P0041 (lean) and P2098 (something to do w/the O2 sensors swapped). He says the low pump based on my symptoms and what he's tested on the car. The SA at the dealership pretty much told me not to bring the car back unless it's shuddering, but it's scary as crap driving it while it's happening. And, just as you said, after a restart, it would go away; and the SES was intermittant as well - had a mind of it's own.

Does the shudder feel like a steady misfire or as if you're running over rumble strips? Not saying it couldn't be the hpfp (or anything else for that matter), but I would have the lpfp checked just to have peace of mind.

P.S. When the hpfp was replaced last year, the car had around 61k miles. I never had any problems w/it when I took it in for the recall and the car had around 72k miles.
When it was idling it felt like a constant misfire and the tach would bounce around very slightly, 100rpm here and there. When I tried to accelerate it would shudder MUCH more. Kinda like rumble strips, kinda like the clutch would grab, slip, grab, and slip. It was very scary and I certainly wouldn't want to drive the 15miles like that to the dealer. When it happened, a quick restart didn't really get rid of the problem for me. It may have gotten rid of the idle shudder. But as soon as I hit the throttle it would come back, or at least made the problem blatantly obvious. Only after letting it sit for 15-20 min did the problem seem to subside. My SES light was NOT intermittent. Once it came on it never went away. Even after several restarts and letting the car sit for 20min. What was interesting was that the SES was not being shown on my idrive. It would say all systems ok but the SES was lit on my cluster.

I had my LPFP replaced in the past because it failed on me. When it failed I didn't get a shudder just a loss of power and limp mode warning. At that time they pressure tested the LPFP and HPFP. HPFP tested okay and LPFP failed. The testing and pressures was all written on my service order sheets.
I'm not sure why they won't just test and replace your LPFP if that's the culprit.

I will certainly ask if they pressure tested the LPFP again as well as checked my injectors. Unfortunately my car probably won't be done till mon and don't know if I have more going on than just the HPFP. My SA never called me back so I only have the initial info he left on my VM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST