E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radar Jammers/ Detectos really do work...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #23
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
79
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: VALNCYA
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
did my install on my own, installed the rear jammer in the inside underneath the 3rd break light no one knows i have it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #24
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
Marcadelic's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,401
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando/Tampa

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Marcadelic
So the Passport SRX jams laser and tells you when radar is ahead?

How is this not better than the v1 lol
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
18,312
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdtitans10 View Post
So the Passport SRX jams laser and tells you when radar is ahead?

How is this not better than the v1 lol
Who said it wasnt?

Have you seen the price tag on the Passport SRX vs V1?

Or the process to install one? No discredit to you, but some people here have problems changing light bulbs, you could only imagine the wiring on a laser jammer where units are placed in the front and rear of the car.

All im saying is people asked for a good radar, no one really asked about laser jammers.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 01-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #26
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
Marcadelic's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,401
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando/Tampa

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Marcadelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
Who said it wasnt?

Have you seen the price tag on the Passport SRX vs V1?

Or the process to install one? No discredit to you, but some people here have problems changing light bulbs, you could only imagine the wiring on a laser jammer where units are placed in the front and rear of the car.

All im saying is people asked for a good radar, no one really asked about laser jammers.
its $600 right?

how much is installation?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #27
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
18,312
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdtitans10 View Post
its $600 right?

how much is installation?
I think the latest model is the zr-4.
https://www.escortradar.com/store/la...ifter-zr4.html

Which is 449 on its own and you need an 8500 or 9500 or similar to run in conjunction.

I like how they use the terminology laser-shifter. And not Jammer per say. The Passport radar detectors run anywhere from 300-500 new.

The beltronics rx75 has a built in radar and laser jammer for about $800.

Idk how much install is, its not that install is "hard" its just tedious in the fact that you running hardware from a centralized location to both ends of the car for the laser recievers.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
Marcadelic's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,401
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando/Tampa

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Marcadelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
I think the latest model is the zr-4.
https://www.escortradar.com/store/la...ifter-zr4.html

Which is 449 on its own and you need an 8500 or 9500 or similar to run in conjunction.

I like how they use the terminology laser-shifter. And not Jammer per say. The Passport radar detectors run anywhere from 300-500 new.

The beltronics rx75 has a built in radar and laser jammer for about $800.

Idk how much install is, its not that install is "hard" its just tedious in the fact that you running hardware from a centralized location to both ends of the car for the laser recievers.
So the laser jammer is $500 on top of the $500 for the radar detector?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #29
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
79
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: VALNCYA
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
i got my SRX for 599.00 and installed it on my own. This week I am going to do a DIY because i need to move my front jammers to the fog lamp area for better coverage.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST