E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Mineral White M3 on Detailing World



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
EddieL
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
284
Posts

 
Drives: 320i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Mineral White M3 on Detailing World

Thought a few of you may be interested in this. Really shows off the Mineral White.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=190814
__________________
AW 320i M Sport|18" 193M|Black Dakota|Sat Nav|Loudspeaker System|Sun Protection + Grey Shade|Heated Seats|Visibility Package|
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
JLR1969
Brigadier General
JLR1969's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
3,397
Posts

 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

iTrader: (1)

Surprised that he did not blank the number plate, it says he used a paint sealant but no mention of waxing the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Snooky
Major
Snooky's Avatar
Scotland
13
Rep
1,165
Posts

 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

iTrader: (0)

I love mineral white. Having now seen it in the metal, it is one of my favourite car colours ever!

Looks particularly good on an M3!
__________________
Still missing my E92 335i M Sport!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
M3-FAST's Avatar
England
84
Rep
5,791
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
+1- my mate came home in one last weekend - looked stunning and when parked next to my AW one, made mine look very bland - the metallic finish of the white is superb, almost looks like a metallic foil finish? Love it and wish it was available when I spec'd and bought my car!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Cosmos101
New Member
Cosmos101's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
9
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
Hey all,

Long time lurker. Was going to create a seperate thread for the car above with more photos but this Sunday morning the weather was disappointingly wet. Still gave me the chance to fit the M3 Edition black gills.

Here's a quick snippet on the spec and a few photos...
  • Mineral White
  • Leather Novillo Black
  • Black Carbon-structure leather trim
  • Competition Package
  • EDC
  • DCT
  • Comfort Access
  • Heated Seats
  • Adaptive Headlights
  • DAB digital radio
  • USB interface
  • BMW Individual audio system
  • Sun protection glass




Didn't think I'd get a white car but after test driving this for a few hours

, it completely changed my mind. Definately happy with the Mineral White. Possible further mods to follow.
__________________
Previous
2007 E92 335i Sapphire Black, Auto, SatNav, 19s

Current
2011.5 E92 M3 Mineral White / Black Novillo, ZCP , DCT
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
M3-FAST's Avatar
England
84
Rep
5,791
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
The car looks awesome - one mod I would defo do, following the black theme, would be to change the side 'gills' to black ones. Not a fan of chrome with white anyway, but now you have lost the chrome grilles, these should follow suit.

I have gloss black ones fitted to mine, along with the bonnet vents and they really look good and match the gloss black surrounds of the BMW performance grilles and the gloss black finish of the shadowline.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
rogerxp
Major General
rogerxp's Avatar
United Kingdom
73
Rep
5,925
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockport, Cheshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Can I have first dibs on your car when you change it please
__________________
Current -: MW E92 M3 Competition Pack / Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6dci
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
EddieL
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
284
Posts

 
Drives: 320i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Surprised that he did not blank the number plate, it says he used a paint sealant but no mention of waxing the car?
As far as I know a sealant is a synthetic substitute for wax. Lots of people prefer it on White/Silver as it offers a more clinical finish. Mostly the new ones offer greater durability as well.
__________________
AW 320i M Sport|18" 193M|Black Dakota|Sat Nav|Loudspeaker System|Sun Protection + Grey Shade|Heated Seats|Visibility Package|
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
Dizzle
Major
Dizzle's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,151
Posts

 
Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK, Staffordshire

iTrader: (0)

Stunning
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #10
Cosmos101
New Member
Cosmos101's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
9
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
The car looks awesome - one mod I would defo do, following the black theme, would be to change the side 'gills' to black ones. Not a fan of chrome with white anyway, but now you have lost the chrome grilles, these should follow suit.

I have gloss black ones fitted to mine, along with the bonnet vents and they really look good and match the gloss black surrounds of the BMW performance grilles and the gloss black finish of the shadowline.
Done and done. Have the M3 Edition grills and side gills fitted. Even have the black exhaust tips, but I'm going to hold off on putting these on and instead get the M3 Performance exhaust. The one we saw at the Paris Show looked very very nice and hopefully there'll be some performance increase for the price they're asking. I might be interested in getting the bonnet vents though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Can I have first dibs on your car when you change it please
No problem, you're first on the list

Half now until I can go
__________________
Previous
2007 E92 335i Sapphire Black, Auto, SatNav, 19s

Current
2011.5 E92 M3 Mineral White / Black Novillo, ZCP , DCT
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
335diesel
Brigadier General
335diesel's Avatar
United Kingdom
56
Rep
4,009
Posts

 
Drives: 335d Touring
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cornwall

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That's a lovely M3!

I currently need to find a website called "grubbyworld" as my car is currently staying clean for no longer than 0.00000001 seconds after each wash...
__________________


E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #12
bbob
Second Lieutenant
bbob's Avatar
4
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e90 328i, 2011 e92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles/ Berkeley

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos101 View Post
Hey all,

Long time lurker. Was going to create a seperate thread for the car above with more photos but this Sunday morning the weather was disappointingly wet. Still gave me the chance to fit the M3 Edition black gills.

Here's a quick snippet on the spec and a few photos...
  • Mineral White
  • Leather Novillo Black
  • Black Carbon-structure leather trim
  • Competition Package
  • EDC
  • DCT
  • Comfort Access
  • Heated Seats
  • Adaptive Headlights
  • DAB digital radio
  • USB interface
  • BMW Individual audio system
  • Sun protection glass




Didn't think I'd get a white car but after test driving this for a few hours

, it completely changed my mind. Definately happy with the Mineral White. Possible further mods to follow.

Are those competition package rims in black?!?!?!?!?!
did you powdercoat them yourself, or where did you get them???
they look SICKKKKKK!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
M3-FAST's Avatar
England
84
Rep
5,791
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
You will be watching every mile count up to that 1200!!

Believe me, the car is a diferent animal after the first service and you can drive it properly - it just starts to wake up at 6,000rpm and that 8400 redline is sublime!!

If you decide to sell your edition exhaust tips let me know, I might be interested

Look forward to more pics!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
Cosmos101
New Member
Cosmos101's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
9
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznscboii View Post
Are those competition package rims in black?!?!?!?!?!
did you powdercoat them yourself, or where did you get them???
they look SICKKKKKK!!!
Thanks Yeap, these are competition package rims powdercoated in matte black. BMW Park Lane were kind enough to get this done for me as I wasn't allowed to get the GTS ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
You will be watching every mile count up to that 1200!!

Believe me, the car is a diferent animal after the first service and you can drive it properly - it just starts to wake up at 6,000rpm and that 8400 redline is sublime!!

If you decide to sell your edition exhaust tips let me know, I might be interested

Look forward to more pics!!!
Can't wait, even at the lower rpms the engine sounds beautiful and I can only imagine what it feels and sounds like after the 5,500rpm point.

You've got first dibs on the edition exhaust tips when I decide. With a good price as well
__________________
Previous
2007 E92 335i Sapphire Black, Auto, SatNav, 19s

Current
2011.5 E92 M3 Mineral White / Black Novillo, ZCP , DCT
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
rogerxp
Major General
rogerxp's Avatar
United Kingdom
73
Rep
5,925
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockport, Cheshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
You've already sold your car and the exhaust tips before breaching your 1200 mile marker .
__________________
Current -: MW E92 M3 Competition Pack / Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6dci
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #16
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
98
Rep
8,173
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Cosmos, your car is the Dogs, congrats.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #17
JLR1969
Brigadier General
JLR1969's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
3,397
Posts

 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieL View Post
As far as I know a sealant is a synthetic substitute for wax. Lots of people prefer it on White/Silver as it offers a more clinical finish. Mostly the new ones offer greater durability as well.
Thanks for the info. Have just bought some Race Glaze 55, gives a very good shine.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST