E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Stereo Base System and Navi CIC - how many pairs of speakers outputs

11-04-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
PrMaX

Drives: 2009 E90 M-packet

Post Stereo Base System and Navi CIC - how many pairs of speakers outputs

Hi,
At the beginning, sorry for my English. It’s not my native language ...

I’m the happy owner of E90 LCI ’09. The car has a Professional navigation system with hard-drive (CIC) and base stereo system. The total number of speakers is 8 (2 front mid-range, 2 rear mid-range and 2 under seat woofers). I would like to upgrade my system but without recoding the HU.

Before starting upgrade I did a few tests and I noticed that when I set the FADER to rear my under seat woofers are still audible. Change in FADER value does not affect the under seat speakers.
In many technical documents BMW says is that the front speakers are connected in parallel with the speakers under the seats. This would mean that if I set FADER to front the front mid-range speakers and subwoofers should play. And so it is. But when the FADER is set to rear the subwoofers and only the rear speakers are playing. It’s quite strange…since the subwoofers are connected in parallel with the front speakers.

The questions are:
1. Is the CIC has 3 pairs of speakers outputs?
2. Or is the amp is hidden somewhere? (I've checked the trunk to the left side. There is a blank "space")

Thanks in advance for your help ...
Greetings from Poland

Last edited by PrMaX; 11-04-2010 at 03:34 AM.
PrMaX is offline   Poland
      11-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Please clarify that you have 6 speakers and not 8 as posted.

Most probably the CIC Fader also enables a low pass filter in the front outputs. The CIC already have a permanent high pass filter in the rear outputs.

There are only 4 outputs in the CIC for the E90 according to its schematic. One test that you can do is to unplug either woofer under the seat, the front door speaker on that side should not sound anymore regardless of the position of the Fader.
Technic is offline   United_States
      11-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
PrMaX

Drives: 2009 E90 M-packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Please clarify that you have 6 speakers and not 8 as posted.

Most probably the CIC Fader also enables a low pass filter in the front outputs. The CIC already have a permanent high pass filter in the rear outputs.

There are only 4 outputs in the CIC for the E90 according to its schematic. One test that you can do is to unplug either woofer under the seat, the front door speaker on that side should not sound anymore regardless of the position of the Fader.
Sorry, my mistake. Of course, I have 6 speakers.

Returning to the topic... I'll try your suggestions this weekend and let you know...
PrMaX is offline   Poland