E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Android Emulator + Carly Pro

04-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
BimmerGeeks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Bmw

To our valuable members,

Here is a simple android emulator for anyone wanting to run android based apps such as MHD & Xhp on their PC or MAC. I've done everyone the favor of pre-loading Carly Pro on there as well. Enjoy!

-------

Here's the basics:

-You need VirtualBox downloaded installed along with the VirtualBox extension pack installed.
-Once the above is installed, simply place the OVA file where you would like it to be stored, double click & import.
-Its based on x64 Android so if it doesn't run correctly make sure virtualization is enabled in your bios.
-To use Carly, you need a K-DCAN cable, Bluetooth adaptors wont work with the emulator.

My only request are the following:

-If you download, please give appreciation by hitting the "appreciate" button at the bottom of this post.

-If you need a K-DCAN, shoot us a PM.

Enjoy...link below

https://mega.nz/#!jwY0gSAZ!V37cWJd_N...4_hy0IJiB0FDuw
Appreciate 14
      04-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #2
CarAbuser
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Does CarlyPro come pre-patched with LuckyPatcher and is Freedom installed?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:26 AM   #3
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
Does CarlyPro come pre-patched with LuckyPatcher and is Freedom installed?
No it does not.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
aaddam2
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335d M-Sport

I am an anti-apple Android loving user. but just curious, does using an emulator mess up using google play to download the app and in app purchases? But i guess everything tied gmail.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaddam2 View Post
I am an anti-apple Android loving user. but just curious, does using an emulator mess up using google play to download the app and in app purchases? But i guess everything tied gmail.
Nope, fully functional android. Create a google account, sign in & use the play store as you wish. If you already have an account with play store you can login in on the emulator & transfer your purchases.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
GripAndRip
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Nope, fully functional android. Create a google account, sign in & use the play store as you wish. If you already have an account with play store you can login in on the emulator & transfer your purchases.
Are you sure its 64 bit? When I run it it says it is x86(which is 32 bit isnt it?) How do I switch to 64 bit?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripAndRip View Post
Quote:
Are you sure its 64 bit? When I run it it says it is x86(which is 32 bit isnt it?) How do I switch to 64 bit?
I'll double check when I get home but I'm almost 100% sure it's x64.

Can you send a screenshot of the x86
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #8
GripAndRip
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is definitely x86. I was trying this because xHP doesn't currently work on x86 processors and I wanted to see if this would be a good work around but it failed with the same error
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #9
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is definitely x86. I was trying this because xHP doesn't currently work on x86 processors and I wanted to see if this would be a good work around but it failed with the same error
Hmm, could have swore the android image I grabbed was x64, I'll remake it tonight.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
GripAndRip
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hmm, could have swore the android image I grabbed was x64, I'll remake it tonight.
Is it possible to have a x86 64bit version? The main issue is that apparently x86 type processors don't work with xHP. I'm confused now though because there are x86-64bit, so maybe its not whether its a 32 bit or 64 but rather x86 vs IA vs whatever. xHP claims that the x86 architecture is the issue. Do you have an image that isn't x86 based?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #11
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Is it possible to have a x86 64bit version? The main issue is that apparently x86 type processors don't work with xHP. I'm confused now though because there are x86-64bit, so maybe its not whether its a 32 bit or 64 but rather x86 vs IA vs whatever. xHP claims that the x86 architecture is the issue. Do you have an image that isn't x86 based?
I'm sure I can come up with one.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 05:39 PM   #12
GripAndRip
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure I can come up with one.
Awesome... I think I found the issue. I tried running your image as a 32 bit (which is what we don't want) and it failed. But it let me know that this is indeed x86-64bit. So this is a 64bit version but it's on x86 architecture/instruction set.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
BimmerGeeks
Rep

As mentioned, I was 100% sure I downloaded the x64 android.

Another users tried to run it on his 32-but windows and it would work.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #14
GripAndRip
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

But it is still x86 which won't work with xHP
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #15
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

But it is still x86 which won't work with xHP
Right, just browsing about the web, I don't see any X64 architecture that will load through VM.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 04:33 AM   #16
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep

Drives: 325d N57 / 335i xDrive

Quote:
We're working on it and hope to have it settled at the end of the week. It's x86 in general, which makes problems. Not on all x86 devices, but on some. Which makes it hard to test.
      04-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #17
BimmerGeeks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Quote:
We're working on it and hope to have it settled at the end of the week. It's x86 in general, which makes problems. Not on all x86 devices, but on some. Which makes it hard to test.
For the x86 structures that don't work, will the app load, or will it even attempt to flash, or will it fail mid-flash?

My point of asking is to see if it safe for someone to test if this VMs x86 specs will work.

Obviously buying a x64 device is preferred, just looking to see if this may be a solution for those users who aren't in a position to get a new device.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #18
GripAndRip
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Quote:
For the x86 structures that don't work, will the app load, or will it even attempt to flash, or will it fail mid-flash?

My point of asking is to see if it safe for someone to test if this VMs x86 specs will work.

Obviously buying a x64 device is preferred, just looking to see if this may be a solution for those users who aren't in a position to get a new device.
App runs, opens, can perform all functions besides flashing. The flash fails immediately and gives an error. The error has been posted numerous times in the xHP thread if you want to see it.

It's not whether I'm in a position, cash flow wise, to buy another device. The issue behind having users buy a second device as the solution is purely going against principle. Nowhere was it stated that certain devices with certain processors won't work. I even paid for the flashing license and map (200+ dollars) right when they came out because my device filled all the posted requirements.

They are working on it and I'm hoping a solution really does comes out this week. I'm really trying to be patient. Just hard to see everyone else flashing, testing, and ultimately enjoying when you bought everything right out the gate. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #19
Built4Sin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d Sport

Garage List
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
2004 VW TOUAREG  [5.00]
Very cool, I've never ran anything like this! Hopefully xHP can get their software running with the x86 architecture!

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #20
sd306
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E92 335i N55 M-Sport

xHP updated the app and fixed some x86 issues, trying my own VM. Hopefully this fixes the issue mentioned here too!
100% E85 | JB4 ISO w/ FlexFuel wires and Rev 3 | MHD (JB4 BEF) | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It! TBI | VRSF Catless DP | BMW PE | VRSF CP | VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC | AD-Engineering Low Temp Oil Thermostat | xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash | 12MM BMS Spacers | BMS Intake | BMS OCC | Pure Turbo Stage 1 | GFB DV+ | Pure Inlet | N20 TMAP | NGK Plugs | Rouge Engineering Trans Mounts | M3 upper and lower control arms
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #21
Blueeyesredpanda
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Can anyone tell me what this is.
      04-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #22
sd306
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E92 335i N55 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306 View Post
xHP updated the app and fixed some x86 issues, trying my own VM. Hopefully this fixes the issue mentioned here too!
My VM with Android emulated (not the exact one as this, but it should work) is working on intel processor after updating xHP! (32bit too!)
100% E85 | JB4 ISO w/ FlexFuel wires and Rev 3 | MHD (JB4 BEF) | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It! TBI | VRSF Catless DP | BMW PE | VRSF CP | VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC | AD-Engineering Low Temp Oil Thermostat | xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash | 12MM BMS Spacers | BMS Intake | BMS OCC | Pure Turbo Stage 1 | GFB DV+ | Pure Inlet | N20 TMAP | NGK Plugs | Rouge Engineering Trans Mounts | M3 upper and lower control arms
Appreciate 0