E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need coding assistance

Today, 06:45 AM   #1
puppydax
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Need coding assistance

Hi guys,

I've been working at this all day and it's been bothering me. I'm not bad at following directions, but I must have gone wrong somewhere. I'm using Windows 7 64bit with a WinXP Virtual Machine.

I was able to get a few things coded such as the digital speed, but then I noticed that my gauges stopped working. I downloaded the newest daten files and replaced them, but now I'm getting error after error and I'm not sure what I am missing.

I'm getting a Chassis Faulty AFTER updating to a new version of everything. Prior to that, I was getting an error message related to "BEST VERSION" etc.

I've followed the directions to update my Daten files, but I only updated the files for E89/E90. My INPA is showing connectivity.

When I launch NCSExpert, I have zero profiles after updating to the new versions of inpa, ediabas, NCS etc. I have a backup of my .MAN file, but my car starts, it's just the gauges that will not function. The speedo works, but not oil, RPM or gas.

I've searched, searched and searched and downloaded so much stuff, replaced so many folders to the point where I no longer know where I stand. Could someone offer me assistance in getting this squared away? Will certainly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:55 AM   #2
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [4.30]
http://<a href="http://www.e90post.c...p?t=524773</a>
Make sure you have the latest files (56.0) and they're updated correctly. Easiest way is using the bmw coding tool. You should be able to Google NCS profiles and find some or I have a zip of some or even better is just create your own. Recode your KOMBI with a blank .man file in expertmode to reset it to factory values then recode whatever you what. You should be good to go.

Last edited by LMB335IS; Today at 09:21 AM.
Appreciate 0