E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > INPA fault code reset causing weird window behavior

08-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
lagwagon
Enlisted Member

Drives: 1995 BMW M3

INPA fault code reset causing weird window behavior

Hi all,

Wondering if this is a possibility...

I recently did my waterpump and thermostat and used an INPA to clear all of my fault codes afterwards. Afterwards my passenger windows began to behave strangely. They work normal when I operate them (one touch works, they are responsive to the switches), but for some reason when I am driving they slowly roll themselves up randomly.

Is this something that could have been caused by a mistake while using the INPA, or is it a coincidence? I just had a bunch of software updates done at a local shop in hopes that they would be able to fix it with that but no dice.

It is EXTREMELY annoying and the tech at the shop thinks it is the footrest module, even though I'm not having any lighting issues or anything like that.

Essentially the window just bumps up a few inches randomly. Sometimes it happens every 5 seconds, sometimes it doesn't happen during an entire drive at all.

Could this be caused by the INPA?
      08-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Sensible_
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E90

Can't see it being INPA related. More like a door lock actuator or assembly latch problem.
      08-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
lagwagon
Enlisted Member

Drives: 1995 BMW M3

And how exactly could those be related to the window rolling up on its own? It is a four door so windows sit in a frame and nothing latch related deals with the motors. Door lock actuator I can't say for sure, but I know for a fact that the locks have nothing to do with the windows except for when the alarm is armed and the anti-trap is triggered, but anti-trap lowers the windows.