E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Cable and software question

07-28-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
TwinTurboRacer

Drives: 2010 E93 335i

Coding Cable and software question

Found this in eBay for a new cable w/ F-series compatibility for $75 w/ additional software. Looks to be good for the E9x 2008+ cars, but wanted to know if anyone here has experience with this vendor/cable? Also, from the DIS descriptions I've read, that's only good up to early 2009 BMWs? Is Rheingold the only choice for me with a late 2009 build date? Is it plausible he fit the entire 50GB software on 2 DVD's w/ compression?

Also, for the FSC Code generator, does the software require updates or can it be used for multiple year updates? Does it require anything else to do the NAV updates (i.e. info from dealer, etc.)? Getting mixed signals from what I've read so far.

I already know I can't use the cheap $20 cables for anything post-2007 for the E9x cars due to DCAN requirements. Just trying to find something cheaper than the one-stop version so we can all save a few bucks (and not have to go through torrents).
      Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #2
glan2014glan

Drives: bmw z4

Send a message via Skype™ to glan2014glan
You get what you pay for.
      Yesterday, 02:33 PM   #3
TwinTurboRacer

Drives: 2010 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glan2014glan View Post
You get what you pay for.
That may be true, but more concerned about the "new" cable. The software question doesn't matter if I get it from this auction or not. Considering my e93 is a late 2009 build, is it true that DIS is not the program to use? Also, for the cable, I'm just wondering if the "F" compatibility may mean they are truly compatible with the 2008+ E series like the one-stop cables.