E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #2223
rizzo2008
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 330ci ZHP e46
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post
It looks like someone has figured out how to code halogen for xenon and also have high beam function. All credit should go to DIMSUM and DESI4LIFE10 on the other BMW forum that is linked below.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1600012

Update:

Got the high beams to turn on again (Thanks DIMSUM).

It isn`t the same command line as the older models.

When you add the xenon lights in the VO option, this line gets updated to this:

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_02
wert_03

With this setup, the high beams gets switched to your xenons and since we don`t have that bi-xenon wire setup, you lose the high beam feature. What you want to do is get the halogen bulb to be you high beam like old times.
In order to do this, you need to first add the xenon option in the VO $522.
If you start the car up after this, you will get the self leveling error because by default, the leveling feature is usually installed with the xenon lights.

No problem.
Using ncs expert, go into the frm module and look for this line

AUTO_LWR_ENABLE
aktiv

change it to

AUTO_LWR_ENABLE
nicht_aktiv

To get the halogen bulb to act as high beams, change the line I outlined at the start of this post to this:

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01
wert_01

You must have both those lines there.

Voila, you have retrofitted your xenons. You can then tap the high beam wire (for your halogen) to your xenon shutter wire to get the bi-xenon feature.

This is for the bmw e90 cars (although it should be the same (not 100% sure) for the 1 series and X3).
Question we are buying an X3 or an e90 wagon soon (so I assume the coding is similar to this) but which one we buy will already have bi-xenons. My question is can this same type of coding setup be used to activate the inner beam halogens AND the bi-xenon shutters at the same time for increased high beam light output at night? Sorry to quote such a long post just wanted to give it some context
rizzo2008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #2224
DESI4life10
Banned
 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

rizzo

Not sure because cars that already come with xenons only have one line under PWM_ANST_FL_Bixenon.

It may be a simple thing as changing the wert 1 option to wert 2 or 3.
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #2225
rizzo2008
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 330ci ZHP e46
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
rizzo

Not sure because cars that already come with xenons only have one line under PWM_ANST_FL_Bixenon.

It may be a simple thing as changing the wert 1 option to wert 2 or 3.
I had someone do this same type of coding for my e46 a while back. Maybe I should check the lines with my own car and see if they are similar enough to the e90 to figure this out although the cable is still in transit.

edit:

Just to make sure this is the kind of cable I need right (OBDII/DCAN cable)?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...item2561d09e88

Finally what if we get an e90 or x3 post MY2009+?

Last edited by rizzo2008; 03-12-2011 at 01:56 PM.
rizzo2008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #2226
DESI4life10
Banned
 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo2008 View Post
I had someone do this same type of coding for my e46 a while back. Maybe I should check the lines with my own car and see if they are similar enough to the e90 to figure this out although the cable is still in transit.

edit:

Just to make sure this is the kind of cable I need right (OBDII/DCAN cable)?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...item2561d09e88

Finally what if we get an e90 or x3 post MY2009+?
The line in your e46 isn't present in the later generations.

in the e9x series....the line is the one I called out above. You may have to fiddle around with the wert options.
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #2227
DESI4life10
Banned
 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo2008 View Post
I had someone do this same type of coding for my e46 a while back. Maybe I should check the lines with my own car and see if they are similar enough to the e90 to figure this out although the cable is still in transit.

edit:

Just to make sure this is the kind of cable I need right (OBDII/DCAN cable)?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...item2561d09e88

Finally what if we get an e90 or x3 post MY2009+?

BTW..not sure about that seller on ebay.

Check this one out:
http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

Review:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...451145&page=13
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #2228
ERIK335i
Private
 
ERIK335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i w/ M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 85
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_lph View Post
Hi ERIK335i, when you mentioned about updating all the modules after adding VO. What selection is it exactly? Currently I am using SG_CODIERN for most of the coding as per the DIY pdf.

Planning to retrofit FRONT PDC and thus would need to add VO $508 (Front and Rear PDC) to CAS and NFRM (I have the instruction for doing that) but I am not sure how to code ALL modules.

Appreciate your help
After I finished coding the VO +K302 for my alarm and writing using FA_WRITE to the CAS and to the FRM I then recoded the other modules by just reading and then writing them back without making changes. Some of them gave me an error so I tried hitting the 'Process Car' button and that seemed to work. I had to go back in and recode everything else that I had coded (not alarm related).

Hope this helps.
ERIK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #2229
AW128i
Major
 
AW128i's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 N51
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southeastern, PA

Posts: 1,004
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to AW128i
In the NFRM module for my car ('08 E82), I have the following for Welcome Light options:

Code:
WL_AL
	soft_einschalten
WL_BLK_H
	nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_V
	nicht_aktiv
WL_DAUER
	wert_01
WL_FL
	nicht_aktiv
WL_KZL
	soft_einschalten
WL_MAX_DAUER
	wert_01
WL_NSL
	nicht_aktiv
WL_NSW
	soft_einschalten
WL_POL
	soft_einschalten
WL_SL_1
	nicht_aktiv
WL_SL_2
	soft_einschalten
As you can see, I have the low beams and fog lights set to come on, in addition to the normal Welcome Lights that my car was coded for from the factory. Anyone know what WL_POL controls? I see on the late-model cars WL_POL_3R controls the front corner LEDs. Also, even though WL_SL_2 is set to "soft_einschalten," the front parking lights do not come on when I unlock the car. This stopped functioning when I added the headlights to the Welcome Lights. Perhaps the term parking lights is referring to the city lights found in the high beam reflector, rather than sidemarkers/front turn signals?
AW128i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #2230
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
In the NFRM module for my car ('08 E82), I have the following for Welcome Light options:

Code:
WL_AL
	soft_einschalten
WL_BLK_H
	nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_V
	nicht_aktiv
WL_DAUER
	wert_01
WL_FL
	nicht_aktiv
WL_KZL
	soft_einschalten
WL_MAX_DAUER
	wert_01
WL_NSL
	nicht_aktiv
WL_NSW
	soft_einschalten
WL_POL
	soft_einschalten
WL_SL_1
	nicht_aktiv
WL_SL_2
	soft_einschalten
As you can see, I have the low beams and fog lights set to come on, in addition to the normal Welcome Lights that my car was coded for from the factory. Anyone know what WL_POL controls? I see on the late-model cars WL_POL_3R controls the front corner LEDs. Also, even though WL_SL_2 is set to "soft_einschalten," the front parking lights do not come on when I unlock the car. This stopped functioning when I added the headlights to the Welcome Lights. Perhaps the term parking lights is referring to the city lights found in the high beam reflector, rather than sidemarkers/front turn signals?
WL_POL controls the orange corner LED's as you mentioned. WL_SL_2 controls the rear break lights. When you say front "parking" lights do you mean the front turn signals? If so they are controlled by WL_BLK_V
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #2231
AW128i
Major
 
AW128i's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 N51
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southeastern, PA

Posts: 1,004
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to AW128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
WL_POL controls the orange corner LED's as you mentioned. WL_SL_2 controls the rear break lights. When you say front "parking" lights do you mean the front turn signals? If so they are controlled by WL_BLK_V
My car doesn't have the corner LEDs like the newer E9X cars do. So, any idea what WL_POL is controlling in my car? I could just change that value to "nicht_aktiv" and see what changes, but it's annoying only having one person with this process. Also, when I'm referring to parking lights I'm referring to the fact that U.S. cars run the front turn signals (at reduced voltage, of course) as front parking lights. According to the Google coding spreadsheet, WL_SL_2 controls the front parking lights when unlocking the car. I find this interesting because mine should come on (according to the setting shown above) but they don't. When I added the low beams to the Welcome Lights, the front parking lights stopped coming on. This is fine, I'm just curious if perhaps WL_SL_2 isn't really the front parking lights??

As for the WL_BLK_V and WL_BLK_H, I thought maybe they controlled the blinking of the front and rear turn signals when you unlock the car??
AW128i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #2232
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
My car doesn't have the corner LEDs like the newer E9X cars do. So, any idea what WL_POL is controlling in my car? I could just change that value to "nicht_aktiv" and see what changes, but it's annoying only having one person with this process. Also, when I'm referring to parking lights I'm referring to the fact that U.S. cars run the front turn signals (at reduced voltage, of course) as front parking lights. According to the Google coding spreadsheet, WL_SL_2 controls the front parking lights when unlocking the car. I find this interesting because mine should come on (according to the setting shown above) but they don't. When I added the low beams to the Welcome Lights, the front parking lights stopped coming on. This is fine, I'm just curious if perhaps WL_SL_2 isn't really the front parking lights??

As for the WL_BLK_V and WL_BLK_H, I thought maybe they controlled the blinking of the front and rear turn signals when you unlock the car??
I see what you mean about a one person job. Very annoying to keep coding one at a time and running in out out to check. As for the corned LED's, I'm not 100% sure on the e82 what it would control.

I was having a similar problem that once I coded on my low beams and welcome lights, it seemed to screw up the factory set welcome lights. On my e92, I noticed the WL_SL_2 controlled the rear brake lights while WL_SL_1 controlled the front Angel Eyes. I did not want the front parking lights (turn signals) on as welcome lights and the way I was able to accomplish this was using WL_BLK_V and setting it to nicht_aktiv. So as far as the e92, The WL_BLK_V (and H) are the front and rear turn signals (parking lights) and the WL_SL_2 was the rear brake lights.

Try changing WL_SL_2 to nicht aktiv and see if your brake lights change at all as welcome lights.
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #2233
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,389
iTrader: (0)

Auto Start/Stop and Servotronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Anyone outside US/Canada (because we don't have it here) have Auto Start-Stop enabled on a 3-series: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...startstop.html

If I remember well, 2011.5 M3 have this enabled in the US...

I've seen a lot of switches related to MSA in my N55 car.

From the N55 Training documentation:


Code:
MSA
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ALIVE_MONITOR
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_CSUM_MONITOR
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ENABLE
	wert_01
MSA_ID_MONITOR
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_SWITCH_ON_OFF_ENABLE
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_NOTSTRATEGIE
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ANSTEUERLOGIK
	ihxx
TC_MSA_NO_KL15_AUTO_OFF
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_CODIERUNG
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_MEMORY
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ANZEIGELOGIK
	anzeige_ihkx
MSA_E89
	nicht_verbaut
MSA_MEMORYFUNKTION
	nicht_aktiv
HVAC_MSA_EFFICIENCY
	nicht_aktiv
EDC_LED_SWITCH_MSA
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_DDE
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_KENNLINIENSATZ_US
	nicht_aktiv
I'd be very interested in additional information about this. I'll be picking up my 2011.75 M3 soon (2011.75 = Option 6NR) and I'd love to code it so Auto Start/Stop comes up in its last state rather than defaulting to OFF. Someone got this behavior coded by a dealer in Australia so it must be possible.

I'd also like to code M3s starting in Servotronic Sport mode so I don't have to push the M button to get it -- can't understand why BMW doesn't allow this!! Ideally I'd like to preserve a way to access Normal mode (maybe it can start up in Sport but if you go into M Drive and back out, it's Normal?)

In other news, do the Daten files from ISTA 39 work on 2011.5 or 2011.75 M3s? Do I need 40? Something even newer?
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #2234
Wissam
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 e90 328I
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 141
iTrader: (3)

I coded the EfficientDynamics Gear Shift Indicator as shown on page 99 and 102...I got the two small arrows and I can toggle between on/off, however the two arrows don't change to indicate upshift or downshift, they're there all the time...I didn't take the rpm's up to 6,000rpm where the upshift indicator seems to come on in the video on page 99, but others have said it comes on around 1,700 - 2,000 rpm...any suggestions?
Wissam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #2235
BlaSTiWi
Not new just quite
 
Drives: E60 & E92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Omaha, NE

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

I thought WL_POL control the AE, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
WL_POL controls the orange corner LED's as you mentioned. WL_SL_2 controls the rear break lights. When you say front "parking" lights do you mean the front turn signals? If so they are controlled by WL_BLK_V
BlaSTiWi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #2236
Toad335
Private First Class
 
Drives: LCI 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 135
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam View Post
I coded the EfficientDynamics Gear Shift Indicator as shown on page 99 and 102...I got the two small arrows and I can toggle between on/off, however the two arrows don't change to indicate upshift or downshift, they're there all the time...I didn't take the rpm's up to 6,000rpm where the upshift indicator seems to come on in the video on page 99, but others have said it comes on around 1,700 - 2,000 rpm...any suggestions?
Did you try it with all three bits aktiv?

SP ANZEIGE -> aktiv
SCHALT PKT BC -> aktiv
SCHALT PKT DAUERHAFT -> aktiv

I assume your car is a 6MT. I currently have mine setup like above and under slow acceleration it recommends upshifts at 1700RPM.
Toad335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #2237
Toad335
Private First Class
 
Drives: LCI 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 135
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Exactly, I will report back
Any luck with this? Any noticable difference in the timing of your lowbeams kicking on when set to the different values?
Toad335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #2238
luigi42
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: So Cal

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
I just coded the auto light sensitivity control in idrive. I hate that the lights come on even when its bright outside. Here is what needs to be changed:

Control unit: Cappl

RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR
nicht_aktiv -> active
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_EMPFIN
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_NORMAL
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_SEHR_E
par_gesperrt -> par_frei


Added to the spreadsheet. I'll let you know if the sensitivity actually changes.
Anyone know how to enable this in a CIC based iDrive?
luigi42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #2239
luigi42
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: So Cal

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-drifot View Post
Hey guys !

Heres a way to let the windows go automaticly up, when the door is open ( Normally you have to hold the button all the time up, till the window is closed when door is open :

Module: NFRM

TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT
nicht_aktiv <----change to

If you need translation help, I am german ;-)

Greetings from Germany

El-Drifto ( I wrote it wrong while registration )
FH_TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT_3R seems to be the setting for 2011. Added to spreadsheet.
luigi42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #2240
outie
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi View Post
I thought WL_POL control the AE, no?
POL is for the corner LED on the E92s.
__________________
outie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #2241
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,389
iTrader: (0)

Adaptive Headlight Sensitivity?

Hey Mike,

Care to clue us in on how to code the Adaptive Headlight Sensitivity options to show up in iDrive? I notice you've got it listed on your PDF of options so I was hoping you'd be willing to share it with us DIYers.
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #2242
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,389
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi42 View Post
Anyone know how to enable this in a CIC based iDrive?
Not sure about adding it into iDrive itself, but the spreadsheet has coding that will allow you to adjust it through the BC stalk, apparently confirmed on 2008 and 2011. Not the easiest way to configure but it should be the job done:

Auto Headlight Sensitivity adjustement from BC Button:
KOMBI module

LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3

Set all 3 to aktiv, change the sensitivity of your automatic light sensor in your dash!
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #2243
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,389
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad335 View Post
Did you try it with all three bits aktiv?

SP ANZEIGE -> aktiv
SCHALT PKT BC -> aktiv
SCHALT PKT DAUERHAFT -> aktiv

I assume your car is a 6MT. I currently have mine setup like above and under slow acceleration it recommends upshifts at 1700RPM.
Can you still hide it by holding down the BC button for 5 seconds? Someone else suggested that the DAUERHAFT setting needs to be set to nicht_aktiv in order to allow it to be hidden.
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #2244
Wissam
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 e90 328I
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 141
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad335 View Post
Did you try it with all three bits aktiv?

SP ANZEIGE -> aktiv
SCHALT PKT BC -> aktiv
SCHALT PKT DAUERHAFT -> aktiv

I assume your car is a 6MT. I currently have mine setup like above and under slow acceleration it recommends upshifts at 1700RPM.
Thanks Toad335...No I didn't, I left the "SCHALT PKT DAUERHAFT" set to "nicht_aktiv", I assumed it was only for being able to toggle ON/OFF, I'll give it a try today...I noticed that people who coded this have cars 2008 and above, mine is build 11/2006, could this be the reason why mine doesn't work? and yes, I have 6MT...
Wissam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST